Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
All makes sense.

It's different when we listen to him every week spouting repetitive rubbish week.

He wasn't doing it as much last season. I guess it all feels better being positive when there is something to be positive about.

I just wish he'd say we were poop when we were poop.

I dunno. Never vote in the 'In or Out' threads. I just don't know. I like the guy and want him to succeed. I don't know if he will or not. And as much as I like him, he does my head in too!

I think the media would have a field day if he did that though. There would be more negativity than there is and it would give them more of a reason to get on our backs which wouldn't be helpful. I can understand his constant looking for positives thing, he has to do it.

Going to be honest, Its the lads who no nothing about football that what Martinez out

If you can't see what this man can bring to our club you should jog on and support Chelsea

I think the media would have a field day if he did that though. There would be more negativity than there is and it would give them more of a reason to get on our backs which wouldn't be helpful. I can understand his constant looking for positives thing, he has to do it.

I'm exaggerating a little mate.

More along the lines of just saying we could do better rather than 'phenomenal effort'.

IA team that has Coleman/Baines/Jags/Stones/Kev/Lukaku/Barkley/McCarthy/Barry/Besic is currently sitting 6 points from the bottom three

With those players in reality we should be up there with our neighbours. Rodgers turned them round so what is wrong with our man, why can't he do something similar?

Amazing ... we have dropped 17 points from a winning position this season so far.
How many to allocate to Howard? How many to allocate to the stubborn Martinez?

With those players in reality we should be up there with our neighbours. Rodgers turned them round so what is wrong with our man, why can't he do something similar?
Theyve got a much more creative side, we only have a couple and when there all shot of confidence we've got no one fresh to come in

There's pretty much nothing bar relegation, in terms of on-pitch footballing factors, that could make me want him out this season. It wouldn't surprise me all if we end up looking back at this point in his reign and wondering why so many of us couldn't have had a little more patience. Many great managers have gone through grim patches in their careers.

This fella has already won a major trophy with a terrible side. He broke our PL points tally record and signed Romelu Lukaku and James McCarthy. If you'd have told me we'd convince a player as talented and ambitious as Lukaku to join us permanently within a year back in June 2013, I'd have laughed tbh. Martinez did a lot for us in a very short period of time and his high potential as a manager is undeniable.

Unfortunately, he has managed to bring us back as many steps, this season, as he managed to bring us forward last. I see this season as negating a lot of, if not all the good work he's done and eroding most of, if not all the goodwill he built up. I am now (putting Europe to one side) just waiting for it to end so he can start working on sorting this mess out. We still have a lot going for us, so he has a good chance, but the summer will be his last chance to get us on an upward trajectory again. Pre-season has to be more like the one in 2013. Real opponents and hard work for the players. We also have to look at getting any player that isn't fully committed out of the club and replace them with lads who want to be here.

I think we should then give him a reasonable amount of time at the start of next season to show some convincing green shoots of recovery and I believe he'll deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back