Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way he sets his teams up I guess, He does play the ball on the deck and insist on it being played out from the back, Plus he comes across as very intelligent

He is young and had a very progressive image. Think back to last season when things were working - the man is a great politician and speaks well to things like youth development and 'getting' a club. If nothing else, he's not one of the merry-go-round British hoof merchants and thus was intriguing to the upper midtable sides.

Whether there is substance to back it up is a question that apparently has taken over GOT.

All makes sense.

It's different when we listen to him every week spouting repetitive rubbish week.

He wasn't doing it as much last season. I guess it all feels better being positive when there is something to be positive about.

I just wish he'd say we were poop when we were poop.

I dunno. Never vote in the 'In or Out' threads. I just don't know. I like the guy and want him to succeed. I don't know if he will or not. And as much as I like him, he does my head in too!

Still spent 35m mate

Go look at some of the crap he bought

It was an incredbily tough job because they had less money than anyone else and no stability. He had to bring in a new team every year while making a profit.

Yeah, he got a lot wrong.

But I'm not buying that he failed at wigan.

Winning a trophy there is a world class achievement.

Maybe there should be a list of acceptable topics?
Not acceptable:

- knee jerk Kopite meltfests

Acceptable:

- everything else

I suggested Reid & Gray until the end of the season as they are blue through and through and I believe would get more out of the current players. Never long term though
I laughed so hard at this a bit of wee came out.

I hope so. It's hard. Even Barcelona struggle against teams who know how to play against them.
yup look at when Chelsea beat them the year Chelsea won CL. Parked the bus so Barca just had to keep passing around the box with no way to get in

I'm sorry I don't think I said anything in that post that was dismissive or insulting. That fella was ultra negative last season.

So much tosh.

People on this very board wanted him out last year.

Thank God emotional bedwetting fans don't actually have a say.

Does it really feckin matter?

Tosh...read the post I replied to minge.

6 out of 26 is woeful mind, but it doesn't really matter when the last time it happened.

Of course there are reasons to keep him you negative wum...bet you're actually loving this. You were so negative last season when things were going well.

We finished with the highest point total we've had in the Premier League under him...it's not like that happened a decade ago.
He got us playing an exciting brand of football, and we actually went to places like United and Arsenal and played to win
Injuries have been a huge part of our issues this season
He's done well thus far in the transfer market
He's done plenty of things well to have earned every right to continue.

Not even sure why you do it - you make decent counter-arguments but ruin it by resorting to the above. Just feedback anyway!

I'd take that 'struggle' like.

Yeah, of course. The thing is, we don't play in the Spanish league which (apart from Sociedad) has mainly attacking, free flowing teams. I just hope it isn't a case of 'being found out' after a year of surprising teams with our style. Like I said, hopefully, Martinez will find a way of taking it to the defensive sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back