Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on

Before Martinez turned up Wigan had finished 17th 14th 11th, Steadily getting better

He turns up and it's 16th 16th 15th 18th after spending 35m on new players

The mans a fraud

I don't think I knew this.

CHRIST.

Here's a question.

Would we have gone for Martinez if he hadn't just fluked, sorry, I mean won the FA Cup?

Not that they admit to it.

Weird then. Why was he so sought after? For keeping a team up? Or the Swansea thing?

The way he sets his teams up I guess, He does play the ball on the deck and insist on it being played out from the back, Plus he comes across as very intelligent

Not that they admit to it.

Weird then. Why was he so sought after? For keeping a team up? Or the Swansea thing?
He is young and had a very progressive image. Think back to last season when things were working - the man is a great politician and speaks well to things like youth development and 'getting' a club. If nothing else, he's not one of the merry-go-round British hoof merchants and thus was intriguing to the upper midtable sides.

Whether there is substance to back it up is a question that apparently has taken over GOT.

Correct. I suspect though that we'd get a nil response. EVERYONE still supporting just talks in terms of 'hope', with no accompanying rationale provided.

Of course there are reasons to keep him you negative wum...bet you're actually loving this. You were so negative last season when things were going well.

• We finished with the highest point total we've had in the Premier League under him...it's not like that happened a decade ago.
  • He got us playing an exciting brand of football, and we actually went to places like United and Arsenal and played to win
  • Injuries have been a huge part of our issues this season
  • He's done well thus far in the transfer market
He's done plenty of things well to have earned every right to continue.

I'm trying my absolute best, and think we should give the man time to show us what he can do, but I am struggling to believe that next season we will be playing how we were in his first season. Was his first season the perfect storm? A renewed vigour after Moyes left which has since fizzled away?

We will see, but I can't see us achieving the heights we reached last year any time soon.

Of course there are reasons to keep him you negative wum...bet you're actually loving this. You were so negative last season when things were going well.

• We finished with the highest point total we've had in the Premier League under him...it's not like that happened a decade ago.
  • He got us playing an exciting brand of football, and we actually went to places like United and Arsenal and played to win
  • Injuries have been a huge part of our issues this season
  • He's done well thus far in the transfer market
He's done plenty of things well to have earned every right to continue.

Why does pretty much everything you post have an insult in it, or a dismissive statement like "load of tosh".

Reason people like an adult ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back