Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 wins out of 13 at home in the league. No positive signs, booing becoming a regular theme, I am personally numb watching the dull football each week. If we start the first 10 games next season in the same dull manner then get rid. The only 2 worse sides I have see this season when playing them are QPR and VIlla. Everybody else has been worthy of beating us or drawing........he inherited the third best defence and apart from the last couple of weeks we are letting 2 to 3 in each week. 38 years a season ticket holder and the entertainment this season week on week is the worst I have witnessed. You hardly get out your chair these days............utter sh**e !!!

that is what bothered me massively yesterday - I didnt celebrate the equaliser at all. I'm at the point where an equaliser at home against leicester after throwing away a lead isn't worth celebrating.

God knows how much money we'll lose from league placing & T V appearances.

It's going to affect the transfer budget for sure.

As @chicoazul said, much of it can be forgiven but the Howard obsession is driving me nuts.

Last edited:

I said this before he was appointed.

Someone then piped me right down by showing their net spend during his time at Wigan...

It was @Brennan, He has a point about him losing his best players, But, He still spent 35m on utter tripe and dragged them down

Moyes consistently seen his best signings leave and didn't have all the money to spend yet still kept us up there

A team that has Coleman/Baines/Jags/Stones/Kev/Lukaku/Barkley/McCarthy/Barry/Besic is currently sitting 6 points from the bottom three

God knows how much money we'll lose from league placing & T V appearances.

It's going to aaffect the transfer budget for sure.

As @chicoazul said, much of it can be forgiven but the Howard obsession is driving me nuts.

The difference last year from finishing 5th or 12th was around 12.5m in prize money.

Not to mention a probable reduction on us being on the tele, last season we got 13m from being on 16 times, compared to the vermin who got nearly 22m for being on 28 times.

Not to mention the overseas sales went through the roof, so those figures are a little short.

PL-cash-2013-14-OFFICIAL-by-rank.jpg

The question should be why should we keep him.
Results.style of footy served up. Transfer dealings all need addressing.
If we stay up , do you trust him as the man to get it right?
A tanned mike walker or a young manager learning the game I swerve one way then the other , want him to do well then his stubborn nature to not grasp the fact we have been
Sussed out and playing player who are favorites but not doing the job on the pitch

Last edited:

A tanned mike walker or a young manager learning the game I swerve one way then the other , want him to do well then his stubborn nature to not grasp the fact we have been
Sussed out and playing player who are favorites but not doing the job on the pitch
Correct. I suspect though that we'd get a nil response. EVERYONE still supporting just talks in terms of 'hope', with no accompanying rationale provided.

It was @Brennan, He has a point about him losing his best players, But, He still spent 35m on utter tripe and dragged them down

Moyes consistently seen his best signings leave and didn't have all the money to spend yet still kept us up there

A team that has Coleman/Baines/Jags/Stones/Kev/Lukaku/Barkley/McCarthy/Barry/Besic is currently sitting 6 points from the bottom three
That's ten players, yet even if you add Howard it's perplexing how (outside of injuries) it's happened.

Continuity.
I'm not saying Martinez will turn it around. But simply firing a manager after (an admittedly woeful) few months is exactly what teams that win nothing do (as well as the ultra rich). Look at Spurs - they have far more money than us, but until this catastrophic season showed just about as much as we did because they lack continuity. Bring in a new manager, and then he has to get his players in, which means we spent money on players that may not fit the new system - and we simply can't afford to do that.

Now, given a longer run of dire form, and obviously he'll have to go - but this season is certainly not enough to go on after his spectacular first season. The warning signs are there - the biggest one lines up between the sticks every week - but we cannot make rash decisions without consigning ourselves to midtable obscurity with absolute certainty.

I don't want Everton to become West Brom or West Ham or Stoke - and maybe Martinez take sus there, but getting rid of managers at the first sign of trouble will absolutely take us there.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back