Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that December is when it should be reviewed but that isn't going to stop people talking about it and expressing their opinion until then.

No, I disagree with December.

If this current malaise carries on into the opening months of next season then I would urge action by the middle of October at the latest.

By December the damage may be irreparable.

Though to be honest, it we finish the season in the same vein as it has been in since the beginning of December last, I wouldn't even wait 'til then.

I woukd look for a new man in the summer.

Last season Fulham went down with 9 wins and Norwich 8, we have 6 from 26 games. It not looking good id we can only muster 3 more from the last 12 which is pretty much what we are on target for.

Season before Wigan went down with 9 wins and 9 draws, our form needs to improve and fast...

For sure, and we're also getting to the stage where the teams at the bottom start picking up points! If our league form continues like this then we're in trouble for sure! I'm confident we'll get enough points though

Last season Fulham went down with 9 wins and Norwich 8, we have 6 from 26 games. It not looking good id we can only muster 3 more from the last 12 which is pretty much what we are on target for.

Season before Wigan went down with 9 wins and 9 draws, our form needs to improve and fast...

Does anyone know the last time we reached this stage of the season with only six wins under our belt?

This summer will be make or break for him. Our squad is in need of a fair bit of chopping and changing. Sincerely hope he'll get it right. Problem with a club like Everton is that we can't afford to get it wrong on too many occasions. I absolutely love his philosophy and blueprint for our future. Now hope he can turn those plans on paper into reality on the pitch. So, I'd go with Danny and say, give him time till December.

Needs to change

Stop playing out of form players.
Stop playing players out wide that don't have attributes for that position.
Stop being positive post match when his decisions were poor and cost us points.
Stop making subs about twenty minutes late.
Stop dropping in form players.

There is literally too many things wrong with his management to change, imo it is extremely unlikely that he is going to stop doing thing's wrong and start doing them right, the bloke has more flaws than the empire state building

Martinez gave the lad his break and made sure to get him into Everton as well

I can't see McCarthy leaving Martinez in his time of need

More likely is that if we do sack Martinez before December next season, McCarthy will either go to United/Arsenal/Chelsea in the January window or will go to whatever team Martinez ends up at, ditto for Kone, Robles and Alcaraz

They're his boys at the end of the day and were specifically brought in because he used to manage them, Alcaraz especially

McCarthy is to Martinez what John McGovern was to Brian Clough

bang on post, was thinking the McGovern/Clough link myself, played for him at 4 clubs including Leeds United, remarkable really. Where Martinez goes McCarthy will go,he's crucial to Roberto's team

This summer will be make or break for him. Our squad is in need of a fair bit of chopping and changing. Sincerely hope he'll get it right. Problem with a club like Everton is that we can't afford to get it wrong on too many occasions. I absolutely love his philosophy and blueprint for our future. Now hope he can turn those plans on paper into reality on the pitch. So, I'd go with Danny and say, give him time till December.
...it's what all the reasonable people are thinking.

Unfortunately some are very fickle. I swear to God they'd have had Pulis or Sherwood in.

The issue I've always had is that once it's got tough Martinez has never pulled it together and turned things around. Regardless of the football and style he brought to Wigan he never bettered Bruce or Jewell in the league.

It went from very good under Bruce / Jewell to bad right away under Martinez to the worst.

It shouldn't take a season to realise mistakes and react to them. If this pre-seaon is anything to by then next season could be atrocious!

3 wins out of 13 at home in the league. No positive signs, booing becoming a regular theme, I am personally numb watching the dull football each week. If we start the first 10 games next season in the same dull manner then get rid. The only 2 worse sides I have see this season when playing them are QPR and VIlla. Everybody else has been worthy of beating us or drawing........he inherited the third best defence and apart from the last couple of weeks we are letting 2 to 3 in each week. 38 years a season ticket holder and the entertainment this season week on week is the worst I have witnessed. You hardly get out your chair these days............utter sh**e !!!

I truly believe its a 2nd season syndrome- he came in like a breath of fresh air last season and built an attacking option to go with our defensive solidarity. This season teams have sussed us out to an extent and we actually do better against teams that come up at us rather than just parking the bus as we cant break them down

This is my problem with Bobby. We can see that every other manager in PL has sussed us out but he refuses to change either personnel or tactics.

3 wins out of 13 at home in the league. No positive signs, booing becoming a regular theme, I am personally numb watching the dull football each week. If we start the first 10 games next season in the same dull manner then get rid. The only 2 worse sides I have see this season when playing them are QPR and VIlla. Everybody else has been worthy of beating us or drawing........he inherited the third best defence and apart from the last couple of weeks we are letting 2 to 3 in each week. 38 years a season ticket holder and the entertainment this season week on week is the worst I have witnessed. You hardly get out your chair these days............utter sh**e !!!

That's the worst thing about it

The issue I've always had is that once it's got tough Martinez has never pulled it together and turned things around. Regardless of the football and style he brought to Wigan he never bettered Bruce or Jewell in the league.

It went from very good under Bruce / Jewell to bad right away under Martinez to the worst.

It shouldn't take a season to realise mistakes and react to them. If this pre-seaon is anything to by then next season could be atrocious!

Spot on

Before Martinez turned up Wigan had finished 17th 14th 11th, Steadily getting better

He turns up and it's 16th 16th 15th 18th after spending 35m on new players

The mans a fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back