Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me a combination of 6-7 different things, some out of his control. He needs to do better but there's at least 6 or 7 players who've either put no effort at all into this season or they've just been utterly abysmal. Some of these are our most talented players too.
If players are not putting in the effort you have to ask why they are allowed to get away with it?

Needs to change

Stop playing out of form players.
Stop playing players out wide that don't have attributes for that position.
Stop being positive post match when his decisions were poor and cost us points.
Stop making subs about twenty minutes late.
Stop dropping in form players.

I agree, but I have some more to add - non manager related:

Players:

Stop letting the crowd affect them at Goodison
Grow a pair and contest decisions, get in other players faces, get stuck in.

Fans:

Don't go over the top at the slightest of mistakes as it isn't helping. If a player misses a chance, it's not the end of the world, but you'd think it was the way some go on.
Stop destroying younger players confidence if they make errors, or play poorly.

Loads of different factors have contributed this season, but the manager has let himself down on many occasions and so have the players, and to some extent the fans too.

Just want us to give it a go in the Europa League, stay up and look to push on next season. Starting with Martinez learning from his mistakes and making sure the likes of Howard, Distin and Barry aren't starters, and players need to play in their proper positions.

The only thing that's stopping the majority turning on him is the EL campaign, as we're all secretly hoping that it could save our season.

That's his saving grace this season, once (or if) we exit it, then there'll be a massive feeling of deflation and if we're still struggling in the league and not safe at that point, there'll be calls for his head imo.

For me my biggest disappointment with him this season has been his stubborness, his lack of flexibility and his failure to be ruthless when it was desperately needed.

The only thing that's stopping the majority turning on him is the EL campaign, as we're all secretly hoping that it could save our season.

That's his saving grace this season, once (or if) we exit it, then there'll be a massive feeling of deflation and if we're still struggling in the league and not safe at that point, there'll be calls for his head imo.

For me my biggest disappointment with him this season has been his stubborness, his lack of flexibility and his failure to be ruthless when it was desperately needed.
Wrong. No one is arsed about it really.

It's last year's record number of PL points and the style of football we were playing. People want that back.

He's not disappearing anytime soon. And you know it.

You would have thought he would have come across this in his 1st season though.
Now he has put his stamp on the club I would expect it to be a lot easier for him.
Possibly, that's a fair point, although in my experience when things are going well a malcontent can't get any traction so they tend to stay piped down, it's when things get tough that a snide will grow a pair and start causing grief. If there were players last season who weren't keen on the appointment, change in style or whatever, it will have been difficult to start sniping when confidence was high and the team and style were getting nothing but praise. Now that the wheels have come off a bit those tensions would be easier to work.

Possibly, that's a fair point, although in my experience when things are going well a malcontent can't get any traction so they tend to stay piped down, it's when things get tough that a snide will grow a pair and start causing grief. If there were players last season who weren't keen on the appointment, change in style or whatever, it will have been difficult to start sniping when confidence was high and the team and style were getting nothing but praise. Now that the wheels have come off a bit those tensions would be easier to work.

I have said this before, i find it strange that there is supposed to be Mirallas, Eto'o, Distin and Romelu who have all 'had their say' this season, maybe people should stop blaming the players and see that there is a possibility, no matter how big or small that people are not confident with Bobbys philosophy, maybe if it was just one player we could say he is a bad egg or rotten apple etc etc, but there is about four of them so far.

I'm not into all this europa affecting us stuff, it's a myth. And we won't win it, a top European club will come against us and kill the game dead at goodison

Proper Everton this - competition written off that we are absolutely flying in.

Young Boys are the equivalent of Everton Women's B team. Hence why he looked great against them but poo as usual against Leicester.

To be fair Martinez and the boys made it look easy with some hard work and quick passing, built on a solid defence of barry, jagielka, mccarthy etc

He goes now I'm afraid. This talk of all being ok next season is just blind faith. He's a small club manager who will possibly win a few trophies along the way but get him out of our club today. We will be in the same position or worse next season for the following reasons

Some of our better players leaving in the summer

Better players not wanting to join us

His total refusal to change a style of play which clearly doesn't work any more. This is the same action which ultimately got Wigan relegated.

I appreciate Moyes had a bad season then recovered but he had lesser quality players at the time and the ability to change our style to make us better. This style we are playing now is just a joke. We've been found out and that's not going to change. I am also biased towards wanting him out as I didn't want him in the first place as I warned many people that this was coming when he first took over. I didn't quite think it would go so bad so quickly though. He goes now or he goes if we don't finish in the top 7. It's as simple as that.

Who do we go for if he goes? Not sure but anyone not trying to be mates with the players and seeming to have favorites would be an improvement. At a push I'd stick Reid & Gray in there now to start some backside kicking.

Win a few trophies? Kenwright won't stand for that.

I think how we perform after getting knocked out of the EL (if we get knocked out) will be sort of an indicator of how much the EL has affected our league form.

A big concern for me right now is the fact Martinez will be tasked with replacing Mirallas in the summer.

Christ knows what sort of turd we'll end up with.

A big concern for me right now is the fact Martinez will be tasked with replacing Mirallas in the summer.

Christ knows what sort of turd we'll end up with.
Depends what sort of money we get for him or what the transfer budget is

Not gurenteed hes off either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back