Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now @davek has decided that 'no-ones arsed' about the EL campaign?

Really? I'm arsed, as it's our last chance of salvaging anything from his car crash of a season mate. Once it's over, we've just got the challenge of amassing 36/37 points for survival to 'look forward' to.......
You think being in the EL is the one thing keeping Martinez from facing protests? The EL is not uppermost in anyone's mind.

Unbelievable.

The reason Martinez will retain support is for the record breaking PL performances of last season....you remember those 72 points dont you? Mind you it was all of 8 months ago, I suppose.

I think how we perform after getting knocked out of the EL (if we get knocked out) will be sort of an indicator of how much the EL has affected our league form.
Don't think we can blame the Europa League for results in the Premier League this season. We've been crap whether we've played in Europe three days before or not.

A big concern for me right now is the fact Martinez will be tasked with replacing Mirallas in the summer.

Christ knows what sort of turd we'll end up with.

He's been decent in the transfer market though

The only poor player he has signed for a decent fee is Kone and his injury has ruined any chance of judging him properly

You think being in the EL is the one thing keeping Martinez from facing protests? The EL is not uppermost in anyone's mind.

Unbelievable.

The reason Martinez will retain support is for the record breaking PL performances of last season....you remember those 72 points dont you? Mind you it was all of 8 months ago, I suppose.

And what a terrible 8 months it's been. Martinez must also take some credit for that?
Having said that, I do think we should stick with him until Christmas to give him a chance to redeem himself.

@davek What has last seasons points tally got to do with this seasons debacle?

It's a results business, last season he did well, this season he's having a mare.

Only the EL can salvage something from the season, that's a simple fact.

I've not said sack him, I said he'll come under more pressure, once the EL dream dies, IF we're still not safe from the drop - hardly controversial, it's obvious that'll happen. Goodison is toxic enough as it stands.

@davek What has last seasons points tally got to do with this seasons debacle?

It's a results business, last season he did well, this season he's having a mare.

Only the EL can salvage something from the season, that's a simple fact.

I've not said sack him, I said he'll come under more pressure, once the EL dream dies, IF we're still not safe from the drop - hardly controversial, it's obvious that'll happen. Goodison is toxic enough as it stands.
There is a reason goodison is toxic and that's is down to the results,tactics and performance's.
The vibe is bad at the ground.
I agree once the EL is gone it will get worse

Depends what sort of money we get for him or what the transfer budget is

Not gurenteed hes off either

I tell you one thing......based on both his performances and his attitude this season, he ain't going any place better than Everton.

He might get his move to a "Champions League" side all right......but it will be one of the teams that are there to make up the numbers, not one of the contenders.

The pro's for Martinez is he has done 2 things for Wigan that Moyes never did for Everton;

1) Beat the 'top four' on their own ground.
2) win a trophey.

In his 1st season in charge of Everton he's already completed 1, and if by the end of this season he completes 2 and wins us the Europa League he'll be hailed as one of Evertons greatest ever managers.

I'm prepared to give him untill this time next season, if we find ourselves in the same position or worse we should get rid.
However, we could be on the verge of one of our greatest ever seasons, I hope it happens (can't see it like but who knows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back