Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

This will truly be an unforgettable season. We are so abysmal in the league, I cry myself to sleep every Saturday. But on Thursday- it's a completely different mood- we can actually win here, so why not play our balls off- exactly how the players feel. Why bother trying in the prem when everything is lost? We have everything to play for in the EL. This is amazing and will be a miracle if we manage to win. How a team plays so poor in the Premier League, but somehow ills together the guts to win the EL will be beautiful. We are a sleeper team, and a new age is starting. Roberto is having a terrible season- but at least we have something to play for. Give this man time- a manager who can dismantle Wolfsburg 6-1 on aggregate deserves a second chance. Who knows- maybe we could win a trophy this year?

This is his plan. Look so utter crap in the league, and unleash the sweet wrath of the Toffees in Europe. We won't be relegated. We will pull together a short run of games, don't worry about it. COYB

Nobody boos anyone from the off.

25 minutes of 'sideways pass, sideways pass, sideways pass, backpass, sideways pass, sideways pass, backpass to goalkeeper, big boot up field, Lukaku doesn't win the header, opposition now has possession' results in fans booing.

As does substituting Mo Besic midway through every single game, despite his form being good and being one of our better players.

As does dropping a goalkeeper that kept 3 cleansheets in a row, for a goalkeeper that then conceded 4 goals in his first 3 games back - 3 of the goals his fault.

Good post except this Besic business.

Whether people like it or not, the team improved when Gibson came on the other day and Besic departed.

That is not to say Besic played bad......just stating a fact.

At that stage of the game Bobby would have been villified for keeping Besic on the field if Gibson had come on to the pitch with the former and McCarthy still there and us level or behind (I can't remember which now :()

We can have two out of three where those guys are concerned......and personally a fit McCarthy and Gibson would be the two I wolud be going with at this moment in time.

But I am in total agreement with your other points.

Probably because everyone repeats their stance on the issue page after page after page. It's worse than politics.

You know what.......I don't mind these long, repetitive threads.

They are cathartic.

Remember when there was no internet?

And you used to sit fuming in the house for days on end after poor performances?

With no one to "help" you find out what went wrong?

And you were reduced to writing to the Pink Echo letters page when you wanted to have a good old gripe.....only for Tommy rotten Smith to grant you a "Fair Tackle" or a "Foul" depending on what he thought of your comment?

No sir, I love places like this where I can vent with like minded fellows in times of crisis or celebrate the good times.

What's not to like about being able to debate Everton at almost 4 a.m on any given day with people from all round the world?

It's the internet, guys.....love it or leave it ;)

I'm sure you were just as shocked as me the difference Gibson made. Night and day. Goat must be fuming.
Nah. I've always rated Gibson.

Besic is going to develop into a very tidy footballer like but I've seldom seem an Everton player hyped so early on despite being just OK.

The slide tackles, jarg snarl and tattoos have the Lower Gwladys creaming their kecks though.

You know what.......I don't mind these long, repetitive threads.

They are cathartic.

Remember when there was no internet?

And you used to sit fuming in the house for days on end after poor performances?

With no one to "help" you find out what went wrong?

And you were reduced to writing to the Pink Echo letters page when you wanted to have a good old gripe.....only for Tommy rotten Smith to grant you a "Fair Tackle" or a "Foul" depending on what he thought of your comment?

No sir, I love places like this where I can vent with like minded fellows in times of crisis or celebrate the good times.

What's not to like about being able to debate Everton at almost 4 a.m on any given day with people from all round the world?

It's the internet, guys.....love it or leave it ;)

I enjoy everyone's opinion too, and it's a fantastic site. You just know that nobody's gonna sway right now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back