Martinez: The Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Says who?

I think we could have afforded them last Summer, I've yet to see anything stating that he was demanding obscene wages in order to leave Swansea. And City only became interested towards the end of last year, he had no idea that City were going to come in or him in the January 2015 transfer window back in August 2014. So I don't see how he would have been demanding City style wages, considering a move to City was not on or him back in August?
Apparently bony had a buy out clause of 19m last summer, before he signed a new contract. Last summer I think if we'd offered 19m and 70k wages he would have come here. As it is city then paid 27m+ and in all likelihood wages of 100k which we couldn't afford now.

2013/14.

Instant feel good factor back at Goodison. 'Boss' moments everywhere. Record Premier League points tally. For the first time in a long time, genuine hope and ambition that we had a manager who could bring some good times to the club - a trophy.

2014/15.

Domestically, a complete write off. Where has it all gone wrong
Players unable to cope with the Europa League?
Think this can be ruled out as we have been dire in the Prem since the end of group stage break.
It really is puzzling,but then that's why the coaching staff are on salaries.

Apparently bony had a buy out clause of 19m last summer, before he signed a new contract. Last summer I think if we'd offered 19m and 70k wages he would have come here. As it is city then paid 27m+ and in all likelihood wages of 100k which we couldn't afford now.

I would love to know what are maximum wage is these days. I think most people would say 75/80k per week, but in fairness that was what Arteta and Fellaini were getting years ago. Plus if you accept that we could pay a new player 75k per week, then surely you could afford to add the wages of someone who will leave like Distin, Eto or whoever to a new comers salary. I therefore think we could pay quite hefty wages to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back