2022/23 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously he shouldn’t have been booed off, but such is life. Everyone is stressed about relegation and people are going to act out a bit.

We should never boo our own players. That's the kind if thing Liverpool fans do. Some players aren't good enough, and thats how it is. But don't boo someone representing the club man.

Absolutely sickened that the kid was booed off the pitch.

He had a desperately poor game (and had he put us 1-0 up as he should have done we might have got a point), but he's not trying to be crap.

And frankly booing a player is hardly going to boost their confidence and make them play better.
Exactly this.

The anger should be aimed at the clowns who carried out "a comprehensive strategic review of the footballing operation" leaving us with one 'senior' recognised left back.

As with most of our issues, the player isn't the problem, they're a symptom.

He had a desperately poor game (and had he put us 1-0 up as he should have done we might have got a point), but he's not trying to be crap.

And frankly booing a player is hardly going to boost their confidence and make them play better.
Exactly this.

The anger should be aimed at the clowns who carried out "a comprehensive strategic review of the footballing operation" leaving us with one 'senior' recognised left back.

Does this apply to Michael Keane as well?

Don't tell anyone who goes the match what to do. He's awful and he doesn't put any effort in.

Exactly this.

Don't see how
Exactly this.

No we have a right to direct our disappointment at players who don't give a crap

Don't see how

No we have a right to direct our disappointment at players who don't give a crap
How do you know they don't give a crap?

Holgate looked utterly distraught on the bench after being subbed off. I'm not defending the player, he's nowhere near good enough.

The issue is we're in the position of needing to play him.

Boo as much as you like if it makes you feel better. I literally achieves nothing beyond that.

I can understand the general frustration, perhaps I'd have done the same if I was there for this one - but he's not the only player who will get shown up by this City side.

If boos and snarky comments about our players helped, we'd be doing a lot better - we've had many years of it now; managers heads, underperformers sent out on loan and sold for pittance - toxicity against the board is more practical

That board should have moved on Holgate years ago, but here we are.

I'm going to upset some on here, but who cares; make omelette, break eggs. I'm not happy or content with where we are as a club. I'm not happy with decisions made by the board - but at least they've put money in - significant money. We'll- one of them has.

We have a poor squad and a poor team. But their confidence has been obliterated over the last few seasons by those in the crowd who think they're supprters by attacking the confidence of these, their own players. Anybody with the slightest bit of emotional intelligence knows this. They're not supporters - they're as big an enemy to the club as the red lot.

The koppites couldn't do more to destroy everton than our own. The boo boys are the ones who make saleable assets absolutely worthless and unsaleable. They spend the match booing them then through the week on here bleating and bemoaning the fact that we can't sell bad players, that the club is hamtied by ffp and we're going down the drain. Like it ir not these players are humans. If Messi had played here and had a bad spell he'd have been booed into being a nobody ffs. Some in the crowd are as responsible for the club's demise as the board.

And don't give me the trite line about not telling those who go the match what to do - it's a meaningless phrase. I blame a certain portion of our match going public as much as the board. Don't try to tell me what I see plain as day is wrong.

I'm going to upset some on here, but who cares; make omelette, break eggs. I'm not happy or content with where we are as a club. I'm not happy with decisions made by the board - but at least they've put money in - significant money. We'll- one of them has.

We have a poor squad and a poor team. But their confidence has been obliterated over the last few seasons by those in the crowd who think they're supprters by attacking the confidence of these, their own players. Anybody with the slightest bit of emotional intelligence knows this. They're not supporters - they're as big an enemy to the club as the red lot.

The koppites couldn't do more to destroy everton than our own. The boo boys are the ones who make saleable assets absolutely worthless and unsaleable. They spend the match booing them then through the week on here bleating and bemoaning the fact that we can't sell bad players, that the club is hamtied by ffp and we're going down the drain. Like it ir not these players are humans. If Messi had played here and had a bad spell he'd have been booed into being a nobody ffs. Some in the crowd are as responsible for the club's demise as the board.

And don't give me the trite line about not telling those who go the match what to do - it's a meaningless phrase. I blame a certain portion of our match going public as much as the board. Don't try to tell me what I see plain as day is wrong.
Boooo!

Everyone in a customer facing job has felt the wrath of customers when they're unsatisfied, why should this millionaire be protected from that? Dyche says the bare minimum is 100% effort, if he added 100% concentration to that then Holgate wouldn't have got as much stick. Awful performance.

Exactly, the majority of the ground know that Holgate isn't the answer, but the groans and boos achieves nothing.

I'm sure even the better players hear that and it plays on their minds. They'll play a simple ball rather than take a slight risk for fear of being judged by 30k highly qualified scouts.

The fact Holgate gets a game isn't on Holgate, it isn't on Dyche. It's years and years of poor recruitment and promotion from the academy.

Mykolenko, injured.
Godfrey, injured.
Vinagre, injured.

Dyche wanted to keep a similar shape and game plan as v Brighton and we were comfortable. Undone by a flash of genius.

But yeah, boo a player as they trudge off. That'll show 'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back