2023/24 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id offer him a new contract on less money, see if he accepts. Hes decent back up for a few positions and no transfer fee required.

Would rather keep him and sell Keane, as i think we'd get more for Keane, and Keane is older and probably on more money.
He won’t take less money as he has a contract saying he gets more. We are stuck with him as he’s useless and no one will buy him

Imagine having to decide between Keane and Holgate. Choices, choices!

I was thinking about it a few days ago. At the start I thought okay he is versatile and a good player for squad depth

On the other hand, even if he accepted lower wages, he would make I don’t know linke minimum 50K p/w. That is still not good enough. So, if it was up to me I would probably wait until deadline day to find a loan for him and if nobody aas interested a mutual termination.

He can of course also impress Dyche but it is not likely is it he was dreadful for both the saints and shef wednesday

He won’t take less money as he has a contract saying he gets more. We are stuck with him as he’s useless and no one will buy him

???!?!?!??

What?

I mean, what?

What?

The correct choice is obviously Keane!

Well the least incorrect choice anyway.
Hes 27. If hes on £70k now, thats £3.6 for 1 year.

Or he can accept £30k for years, which is £4.6m.

I know which id take.

P. S. Hes not getting close to £70k anywhere else.

I know which id take.

Or he can take £4.6m this year and sign for someone next year for free on £30-40k a week and a tasty signing on fee.

I know which id take.

Or he can play out his contract and find another club.

Or he can play out his contract and find another club.
No guarantee of that, no security, and especially so if he refuses a move and doesnt play. Every year, there are plenty of other players who struggle to find a club, let alone a PL club.

Just saying, its what id do, someone for a bit of cover with the all important PL experience in several positions. He might even play himself into a further extension or another move when he's 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back