McCarthy to replace Fellaini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go back and try again. If you actually go to the passing tab and sort by success% then McCarthy and Felli are ranked exactly how he said they were. And not even close to how you put it. (Not to say that pass accuracy is the measure of a player).

The overall rating had him 123 places ahead of him like, but probably not a fair comparison anyway seeing as Fellaini was playing off the front man for the vast majority of last season. So far this season - with them both playing CM - Fellaini has by far the better stats so far. However, I suppose those pushing him on here, would put the difference down to the managers changing seats. McCarthy is a water carrier, Fellaini is unique imo.

This is where Gibson and McCarthy could work though I think in the deep. We have them sitting deeper and shifting the ball about, this tends to bring the opposition defence up, would leave space for Baines and more likely Coleman raiding in behind. Saw it a bit in the Blackburn game. Barkley also likes to bring the ball from deep and run in at defences.

Having seen Barkley putting himself about a bit more at Norwich I'd be happy seeing him play a number 8 style position for us with Gibson for a few games. He can drive forward and get at people from deep.

The overall rating had him 123 places ahead of him like, but probably not a fair comparison anyway seeing as Fellaini was playing off the front man for the vast majority of last season. So far this season - with them both playing CM - Fellaini has by far the better stats so far. However, I suppose those pushing him on here, would put the difference down to the managers changing seats. McCarthy is a water carrier, Fellaini is unique.

Fellaini is that boss mate there's a queue of clubs beating down the door for him

Same as Suarez then mate, he must be gash as well like...

You like everyone who watches football knows he is struggling to find a new club because he has been banned three times in 2 years totalling 30 games

So once again if he's as good as people on here think he is why hasn't any number of clubs here and in Europe come after him

The problem I have got is the price . He is similiar to Gibson and at 8 mill Maxium that's fine but anymore and it's wrong . If fellani goes we do need 2 midfielders because gibsons fitness. If McCarthy comes then we still need another . The key is where will Barkley end up will
It be a number 10 or a number 8 . I would say he could become a Gerard/wilshire type of player only because he has good strength and he drives at opponents. If fellani goes for 20-25 million then I would prepared to pay 8 million for McCarthy and the 7 million for that jorghino who we where linked with

We should just go straight to Wigan and offer them Fellani for McCarthy in a straight swop deal. Take it or leave it. This needs putting to bed.

The problem I have got is the price . He is similiar to Gibson and at 8 mill Maxium that's fine but anymore and it's wrong . If fellani goes we do need 2 midfielders because gibsons fitness. If McCarthy comes then we still need another . The key is where will Barkley end up will
It be a number 10 or a number 8 . I would say he could become a Gerard/wilshire type of player only because he has good strength and he drives at opponents. If fellani goes for 20-25 million then I would prepared to pay 8 million for McCarthy and the 7 million for that jorghino who we where linked with

Yep agree with this. £8m is the correct price IMO, but I'd be able to stomach paying £10m max as a premium due to how late it is in the transfer window.

Any more than that would be robbery.

You like everyone who watches football knows he is struggling to find a new club because he has been banned three times in 2 years totalling 30 games

So once again if he's as good as people on here think he is why hasn't any number of clubs here and in Europe come after him

Or Rooney mate, not exactly been queuing round the block for him either have they?

As for Fellaini, I've no idea why he wasn't snapped up last month tbh, I was amazed no-one came in for him. I can't comment for every other European club though, but I do know he'll be a massive loss to us.

He's developed into a player who - on his day - can be unplayable, the issue I have with him, is that his consistency has dipped a bit.

I haven't seen anyone throw in a bid for Messi lately either.

Must be crap. ;)

This is what is happening to Del now.

lions-hippo_1536335i.jpg

Double figures million for McCarthy with Fellaini leaving would be a shocking bit of business imo.

Looking at some of the midfielders who've gone for much less this summer, I get the impression Martinez is playing this way too safe and I'm not a fan of his transfer policy so far. McCarthy seems a decent player, but we should pay no more than £6m, for me.

It could work though and it better had really, as we haven't spent this much on a player since we signed Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back