Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning people. Sun is out again, yesterday the wind had a bit of a chill even though it was blue skies. I wore shorts on my morning walk and was a bit nippy.

I see Tina Turner has died, I shall have to let my sister know that my dad was a fan of hers as well, give her a bit more diversity lol

I am pretty relaxed actually about sunday, my thoughts are, if we can't beat Bournemouth at home, we do deserve the drop. I know our home form is quite poor but that shouldn't deter the fact we should be beating Bournemouth at home. Can they handle the pressure, that's a worry for me.

Enjoy your day guys.

Good morning all. We have another casualty in the house. Daughter went over on her ankle in work. It was quite swollen behind her ankle bone when she came home last night and could hardly work. The swelling has gone down a bit this morning but she is still hobbling. She's taken a day off and I've told her to rest it. She is less happy than the cat - who currently hates me. ' I can't just do lie on bed and nothing all day. That's boring ' This is the exact opposite of the cat's philosophy.

Daughter and I have an interesting day out planned on Saturday. I have a friend whose daughter is an aspiring actress. She usually works in a theatre group that goes round schools. Her biggest role so far was a 20 second appearance in an episode of the last series of Vera. Anyway her boyfriend, also of a theatrical nature has written a play and it is on in Whitley Bay next week. Friend's daughter unsurprisingly has the lead role.We're going to the matinee on Saturday afternoon with proud Mum and a couple of other friends. After fish and chips of course! My daughter knows friend"s daughter ,- they are similar ages and we once went on holiday together.
It could be great or it could be awful.....It will also stop me thinking about Everton for a few hours.

Good morning all. We have another casualty in the house. Daughter went over on her ankle in work. It was quite swollen behind her ankle bone when she came home last night and could hardly work. The swelling has gone down a bit this morning but she is still hobbling. She's taken a day off and I've told her to rest it. She is less happy than the cat - who currently hates me. ' I can't just do lie on bed and nothing all day. That's boring ' This is the exact opposite of the cat's philosophy.

Daughter and I have an interesting day out planned on Saturday. I have a friend whose daughter is an aspiring actress. She usually works in a theatre group that goes round schools. Her biggest role so far was a 20 second appearance in an episode of the last series of Vera. Anyway her boyfriend, also of a theatrical nature has written a play and it is on in Whitley Bay next week. Friend's daughter unsurprisingly has the lead role.We're going to the matinee on Saturday afternoon with proud Mum and a couple of other friends. After fish and chips of course! My daughter knows friend"s daughter ,- they are similar ages and we once went on holiday together.
It could be great or it could be awful.....It will also stop me thinking about Everton for a few hours.
Hope your daughter is ok, get some ice on it and keep it elevated.

Daft question, but what difference does keeping the ice elevated make? :p
Elevation of the injured part lowers the pressure in local blood vessels and helps to limit the bleeding. It also increases drainage of the inflammatory exudate through the lymph vessels, reducing and limiting edema and its resultant complications.

That's easier than me trying to explain lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back