Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Elevation of the injured part lowers the pressure in local blood vessels and helps to limit the bleeding. It also increases drainage of the inflammatory exudate through the lymph vessels, reducing and limiting edema and its resultant complications.

That's easier than me trying to explain lol
I was really impressed -at first -until you gave it away.

I have made chilli before and it was lovely, I just don't have the ingredients at the minute apart from mince.
You can buy a packet for chili con carne from knorr or the like ,we use that sometimes and it gives us two meals each with a packet mince and some rice .So nice to see the posts @Terrarian are of a positive nature except the ones you are moaning !lol

Well I've had a very enjoyable afternoon out. The walk down to Maenporth cove is really lovely. haven't done it for over a year and had forgotten just how nice it is. The beach was quite busy and went for my first swim of the season. Schoolboy error which I'll explain later. Anyway, the water was cold at first, but I know from experience that once you get in past your meat and 2 veg the worst is over. And after that it becomes very pleasant. Swam for about 20 minutes then moped about on the beach for around an hour waiting to dry off a bit.

On the walk back via the coastal path I came across a couple of Geordies who looked a bit lost. So get chatting and turns out they were on a yacht that was moored on the Helford. Anyway I'm going their way so did my good deed for the day. We had a good chat. they were a really nice couple from Newcastle, who bought a yacht when they retired 3 years ago and now spend their summers sailing around the French and English coasts. Originally from Newcastle they have lived in some quaint Durham village I've never heard of for the last 20 years. Probably Anj's neighbours. Anyway I'm giving them a guided tour as we go along with info about all the different gardens and points of interest. I go to leave them when we get to the church. Is that the one you can see on the clifftop as you sail into the Helford? they asked. Yes. We must see it. So I give them a guided tour. Hugs all around when we parted. The subject of football not brought up once.

So after another 30 minute hike back into the village and I'm ready for a pint of cold lager at the local. Fully anticipating such an event, Mr organised me remembered to bring my debit card with me, which I had put in the studded side pocket of my shorts. The same shorts that 2 hours previously had spent 20 minutes soaking in Falmouth sound. Oh dear. So before the young lady pours my pint I explained to her my problem and asked that she checked that the card actually worked first. This guy across the bar, who i hadn't even noticed was there, said, if it doesn't work mate I'll stand you that pint. Anyway it worked, but it re-affirmed what's been said a lot on here lately that most people are just nice.

Now need to have a shower to wash off the salt and sand, pour myself a nice cocktail (thinking Pimms) and then get the barbie going. have a great evening everyone.

This guy across the bar, who i hadn't even noticed was there, said, if it doesn't work mate I'll stand you that pint. Anyway it worked, but it re-affirmed what's been said a lot on here lately that most people are just nice.

That is nice. I remember ages ago, a young lass worked in the corner shop near me. She was friendly, and always had a natter.

Anyrate, a few years later she was in the shop as a customer, in front of me. Her card was declined for a packet of 10 ciggies. So I paid for them for her. She was a bit taken aback, but I told her she lightened my day for a few years, so a few bob on her smokes was not even an issue.

That is nice. I remember ages ago, a young lass worked in the corner shop near me. She was friendly, and always had a natter.

Anyrate, a few years later she was in the shop as a customer, in front of me. Her card was declined for a packet of 10 ciggies. So I paid for them for her. She was a bit taken aback, but I told her she lightened my day for a few years, so a few bob on her smokes was not even an issue.
When I thanked him he just said, well you'd do the same for me wouldn't you. Cal would .have 100%. But tbh I probably wouldn't have even noticed the conversation. I'm not the most attentive.

Good morning all. We have another casualty in the house. Daughter went over on her ankle in work. It was quite swollen behind her ankle bone when she came home last night and could hardly work. The swelling has gone down a bit this morning but she is still hobbling. She's taken a day off and I've told her to rest it. She is less happy than the cat - who currently hates me. ' I can't just do lie on bed and nothing all day. That's boring ' This is the exact opposite of the cat's philosophy.

Daughter and I have an interesting day out planned on Saturday. I have a friend whose daughter is an aspiring actress. She usually works in a theatre group that goes round schools. Her biggest role so far was a 20 second appearance in an episode of the last series of Vera. Anyway her boyfriend, also of a theatrical nature has written a play and it is on in Whitley Bay next week. Friend's daughter unsurprisingly has the lead role.We're going to the matinee on Saturday afternoon with proud Mum and a couple of other friends. After fish and chips of course! My daughter knows friend"s daughter ,- they are similar ages and we once went on holiday together.
It could be great or it could be awful.....It will also stop me thinking about Everton for a few hours.
Hope your daughter is ok, get some ice on it and keep it elevated.
Ouch. Maybe an x ray to rule out a break too? Hope she gets better soon. Nasty little injuries those.

Edit: maybe compress it too, to keep the swelling under control? Like some kind of bandage I mean

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back