Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Messymascot's faith in humanity and ginger safe haven

Good morning all on this cloudy day here .I hope all are well especially Chris having his scan and had a lovely night's sleep .We have just got back from blueberry picking so the strawbs are cast into the past and it is blueberries all the way now.
I watched the latest video from the blues in Ireland ,Keano is a hell of a footballer ,how is it he bottles it on the park ? The same could be said of Harrison who I wishd would not resign but resign ,I so hope he proves me wong and has learned to cross to one of our players .
They all have a clean slate with me as soon as they walk onto the grass and as my memory is going they really do have that luxury.Have a great day all COYB
:)

Hi folks, we've avoided the rain until about an hour ago when it absolutely lashed down and is still doing so. Chris has got his scan tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed and send him positive vibes. He will get his results next week.

Not much to tell you about - I've picked some gooseberries.I'm so pleased I've actually grown some. There's probably enough to make a tiny crumble for one!

Have a lovely evening x
I will keep everything crossed for him, I hope it goes well today x

@blueloon there is another more modern table tennis player that you will have heard of even though perhaps you never knew he played .

Matthew Syed the Times journalist and author was a stunningly good player. He's about 10 years younger than me so I never got to play him .

That's probably just as well because he was an incredibly skillful defender ( unusual for an elite player ). Matt was England No1 for many years and won several Commonwealth Games golds. I think he was top 20 World ranked which is amazing.

The top ranked England men's player now is Liam Pitchford who is at about WR 35 I think.
Thanks again for your stuff, not boring at all and really part of this thread , those quirky interesting bits we have which don’t fit into any other part of GOT where they’d get ridiculed. I recall many years ago that table tennis bats were introduced with different “ rubber” on each side and top players would spin them in their hands to disguise which side they were using, sounds a bit like your “ dodgy bats”

Ah yes , I do remember finding out ( afterwards) that Matthew Syed had been a tennis player , I’ve got his book “ Black box thinking” somewhere, unfinished of course 🤷‍♂️, and occasionally read his ST columns. I thought I attended a Sports Psychology course of his many many years ago but realise it wasn’t him as he would have been too young.

Here we are in Falmouth next to our transport
View attachment 264526
Just seen this photo in large format on my pc for the first time. We'd just left the Indian restaurant where I'd been for a pee before the home journey, and men of my age and very pale jeans are NOT a good combination. So I was very pleased (relieved) to see that I'd left no obvious tell tale signs of my visit to the loo. :blush:

But I'm sure somebody on here would have already mentioned if I had. Pete.

Yes it would make me very nervous driving through narrow streets in something like that. Long story short years ago to cheer me up our local-ish Audi garage let me test drive an R8. Fabulous on the motorway but nerve wracking on small streets. It still is one of the highlights of my life (I know I’m a sad woman before anyone points it out 😉)
Cal had a Jag XF, which was totally unsuitable for the roads down here.

Good afternoon everybody. I hope @Barnfred 55 is having a lovely time with his visitor. @blue1948 one of my former workmates has just been to see Bruce Springsteen in Helsinki. He posted some pics on Facebook - it looks like a lovely city and the weather he had was significantly better than the torrential downpour we had at Sunderland.

I didn't go to the Gala - it started raining and I just couldn't face getting soaked. I watched the film Pride instead - which I would 100% recommend to anybody. A real feelgood film.

Not much to report today. It is still raining, daughter is in bed after being on nights and Mr F is watching the darts. Son has the inlaws visiting I'll ring him later and see how he is. He hasn't had a date for his scan even though they were going to push it through urgently. He's going to ring them tomorrow to chase it up.

Have a good day all x
I had a wonderful time thanks H. And hopefully my friends did too and it will have inspired them to return sometime soon. I took them to some of our old haunts including Eden Project (pissed down on Monday), St Ives, Sennen Cove, St Michaels Mount and the Ferry Boat Inn amongst other places. Jazzy will probably know some of them very well. Also took them to see some of the places where Cal and I worked. Cal and Ronnie were each others bridesmaids so we go back a long way. We ate and drank a lot of course, but Ronnie has one of these watches that measures activity and apparently we averaged 20,000 steps a day which she said was quite good, and few of these steps would have been on the flat. So I'll now be having a couple of days detox before G&T Friday. I'll get around to posting some pics later.

Hi folks, we've avoided the rain until about an hour ago when it absolutely lashed down and is still doing so. Chris has got his scan tomorrow so keep your fingers crossed and send him positive vibes. He will get his results next week.

Not much to tell you about - I've picked some gooseberries.I'm so pleased I've actually grown some. There's probably enough to make a tiny crumble for one!

Have a lovely evening x
Fingers crossed for Chris today. 💙

Thanks for that, I appreciate you taking the time to write in detail . I do remember the three players you mentioned , although I can’t recall knowing any more recent players. ( I’m fighting hard not to crack a joke about loving Desmond Douglas when he sang “ Israelites “, too obscure!) It’s a long time you were out of the game and great that you came back. Are their age category competitions where you can compete against people in your age group?
Yes there are BL. They are called cruises. :lol:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back