Most off your tits you've ever been

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ok, you was young.

GO!

Possibly from some dodgy cocktails in Ios, night was going swimmingly and we were all tuned in (about 8 of us) all getting a bit lairy and past the stage of the locals finding it funny/amusing, another round of something or other with umbrellas in and lots of straws and boosh.... not a 1 of us remember the rest of the night.

There are some old steps that wind all the way down to the port that were a bit of a Warriors type situation if you was staggering home alone, with lots of muggings taking place etc, we were told the day after that by someone that they'd passed us as they were going up and there was a bit of mayhem going on with us facing up to a couple of would be muggers & threatening to lob them over a cliff.
We heard lots of tales about meths & white spirit etc being substituted for vodka in cocktails, & folk getting alcohol poisoning so it was strictly bottles only after that.
Ios really was the craziest place I've ever been to, and if a visit coincided with the Italian holidays then there really was utter mayhem.

That night puts everything else in the shade due to 8 of us being numbed to the point of not knowing what went on, and I've been in some states in my time.

1) about this time of the year in 1967 We arrived in the Birkenhead on the corner of Lower Breck and W. Derby rd about 7.00, poured Threlfalls bitter down my neck until they shut, didn't even get up for a wiz.
Staggered back up to Sheil Rd to get the 26, spewed all over the pavement outside St Margret's Church... the stain was there for seemingly years...if you knew where to look.
Got on the 26, got shook about for a few stops, got off spewed up again
Got on the 26, got shook about for a few stops, got off spewed up again
repeat twice more.
Got to Lodge Lane walked ( staggered ) round the corner to the 86 bus stop
stood with head on the wall trying to decide to spew or not to spew...that was the question.
Got on the 86, got off again
Got on the next one, sat downstairs, not risking the smokey atmosphere up stairs.

Got really lucky

Sat over the Isle from me was a mates older sister, who saw me and came over sat next to me and basically kept talking to me to keep me awake and take my mind off not spewing and / or getting off the bus again ( and again and again ) as it was late and this was the last one.
I owe you one Judith.
Staggered in and crashed
Couldn't face a drink for 2 weeks and it was 20 yrs before I had another pint of bitter and even then it used to kill me out of all proportion to the amount drunk.

Last edited:

I once went to 2 Everton games without having a sleep or eating in between . Boxing day v Utd away then onto the home game against Birmingham City on the 30th . I ended up going home on news years eve afternoon with about 20 bags of beef space Raiders and loads of fizzy drinks . I scranned them then slept for 24 hours. Then had to pay back a £1500 beak Bill . Plus I'd blown about £1500 that I had on me possibly more .

It was a white Christmas that year

Never to be repeated though

Short story - Mad night, Tony Montana/Trainspotting(No smack though)-Esque, came home, watched Pinnochio at 3 in the morning, sat there fascinated by it, drank water, p*ssed the bed... Night was good, next morning wasn't...

Drove a golf buggy into a lake with my mate at a relatives wedding. Woke up to see a half submerged buggy, a shed load of green inspectors and half the wedding party standing round it from the safety of my hotel room.
I slipped back under the covers with a big smile on my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back