Moyes linked with Villa and Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Wolves game was the end of it, I was probably one of his biggest proponents, he inherited a squad that was fully MON's very much used to playing Hoofball to Carew, the fans were a bit disheartened by the approach and wanted nicer football... now we're starting to get there, but we're also nearing relegation.. He has a wage crisis to sort out and as much as we love lots of our players being English and breaking through (with a healthy amount of other British players in there too), its also part of the wages problem, we dont have enough continental players - again he'll fix that (probably with a load of french players).

But, that said, as much as we want to play nicer football it means nothing if we aren't winning football games.

Was all very much against him before January (After Sunderland at Home in particular), After January it was 50/50 imo, (some furious still and others - me included - thinking he would be better in the long haul). Up until the Wolves game most fans wanted him to stay until the end of the season at least (based on polls). But now, I think he has to go though, we havent improved since December, we've just had easier games and still got Sweet F*** All. I'd say its very much Anti-Houllier now.

It's just worse when we see Young, Bent and to a lesser extent Downing in the England squad but they (young in particular) being nowhere near as good when they come back to Birmingham.

Houllier is just a pr**k with no class same as benitez who has also been linked with villa! Hope you get rid of houllier and you dont get benitez for your sake mate

I cant understand the debate here. Some people need to take off the Royal Blue spectacles: the vast majority of decent managers would see managing Everton as the quickest way to an early grave. We have nothing going for us other than a threadbare squad with a clutch of technically sound but essentially gutless players, and owners who offer nothing but a black hole to disappear into.

Really?

I'm shocked.

You need to take off your agenda, pushing spectacles. This is spectacularly piss poor even for you, to claim Aston Villa are superior to Everton, and that Moyes would be on drugs to turn down an offer at the mighty Villa? You're an embarrassment at times. Kopites would be proud of the amount of digs you take at Everton.

Must spread rep...yadda yadda yadda.

We have nothing going for us other than a threadbare squad with a clutch of technically sound but essentially gutless players, and owners who offer nothing but a black hole to disappear into.

now you sound like these Bubbas over here that demand "FULL CONSISTENCY!!" or they throw the whole thing over and want to fire everybody, up to and including the owner. True, that we have more savvy ownership than Everton (the Jaguars, that is), but gutless is the last of the pejoratives I'd throw around when talking about the current Everton team.

I think I'll save this for future reference just in case our gutless wonders manage to avoid relegation.

You'd think every match was Bolton. Perhaps it has been, for you.

All means the same.

To claim Villa would offer Moyes greater managerial stability is laughable and moronic.

I'm not calling you a liar, but that isn't true. Actually, I'd say it was utter bollocks. We've reinvested every sale we've made right back into the side. Compare the net spend of Everton and Villa over the last three years... Villa have taken more than they've spent.

O'Neill was there - on the back of finishing 5th he was told players would be sold, citing wages - wages which he was sanctioned to give. O'Neill had the carpet pulled from under him - exactly why he resigned. Lerner moved the goalposts.

You need to take off your agenda, pushing spectacles. This is spectacularly piss poor even for you, to claim Aston Villa are superior to Everton, and that Moyes would be on drugs to turn down an offer at the mighty Villa? You're an embarrassment at times. Kopites would be proud of the amount of digs you take at Everton.

• Resigned is the same as getting sacked? That's a novel way of looking at things.
  • The board invested everything back? No, no you're wrong. That way of operating has had its day. Last three transfer windows less money went out than came in. The same policy looks odds on for the summer coming.
  • O'Neill: spent a fortune on putting together a team and then got told to recycle and spewed it on the back of that. Would that Moyes had been given his warchest to waste.
  • My 'agenda'? This is Charlie Sheenesque territory. I'll be getting accused of starting that Japanese tsunami any second. The club are second rate. Anyone who denies it need their heads feeling.

Just gonna say it how it is

IF another PL club like Villa or Spurs came in I think he will be off, and who would blame him. Constantly spending more with stability through each club, commercially sound with boards that are not complete failure.

Just to emphasise the point, answer me this question, if you were DM and not an Everton supporter, why would you stay. These clubs have everything he has never had at Everton.

And I say this again you would not blame him, this board are sucking the life out of the club.

Just mark it down in the long list of failures. And there`s been alot !!!!

FWIW, General Krulak (Our CEO), stated towards the start of the season that he would probably be uncomfortable hiring a manager if they were willing to simply walk away from their club (or something to that effect). No offence, but i seriously hope in our next appointment we dont take such a nicey-nicey approach cause it clearly didn't work this time.. Im normally all for the nice approach, but if it's a choice of pissing off other fans or fighting relegation - I'd piss you guys off all season long.

That said, supposedly (according to one of the ITK's/Mods at the Villa forum) we apparently asked for permission to speak to Moyes before signing Houllier and it was swiftly knocked back by your board. IF that's true, I can only presume the same would happen again until either a) his contract runs out or b] Moyes asked to leave or resigned outright. And I certainly dont think he is a b] type guy.

All means the same.

To claim Villa would offer Moyes greater managerial stability is laughable and moronic.

I'm not calling you a liar, but that isn't true. Actually, I'd say it was utter bollocks. We've reinvested every sale we've made right back into the side. Compare the net spend of Everton and Villa over the last three years... Villa have taken more than they've spent.

O'Neill was there - on the back of finishing 5th he was told players would be sold, citing wages - wages which he was sanctioned to give. O'Neill had the carpet pulled from under him - exactly why he resigned. Lerner moved the goalposts.

Exactly this. Claiming that Villa have money is ridiculous. They're sell to buy. Neiler and I have said it time and again.

ALL the money to buy Bent was from Milner's and other player sales.

Players In
American midfielder Michael Bradley on loan from Borussia Monchengladbach; Forward Darren Bent from Sunderland for a fee of €28m; Cameroonian midfielder Jean Makoun from Lyon €5million; Defender Kyle Walker on loan from Tottenham Hotspur; French midfielder Robert Pires on a free transfer from Villarreal. Stephen Ireland from Manchester City €6million part ex. Stewart Downing €11.4milliom
total = €50.4million

Having SOLD:
OUT: James Milner (Manchester City, €30m), Andy Marshall (released), Wilfred Bouma (PSV Eindhoven, free), Marlon Harewood (Blackpool, free), Nicky Shorey (West Bromwich, undisclosed, €3million) Sidwell
€4.5million Craig Gardner €3.4million Zat Knight undisclosed (4million) Gareth Barry €13.9million Stuart Taylor undisclosed
total = €54.8million

NET SPEND: MINUS €4.4 million (£3.8million)

That's marginally reducing a 100million debt and wage turnover of 88% !

So as Danny says. GET A GRIP.

Kenwright needs to go for sure. But don't be holding Aston Villa up as some sort of example. They can't fill their stadium as it is, and there's not exactly many restricted views at Villa Park.

Villa are hugely in the financial ****. More so than Everton are. And our revenue is sluggish, theirs is absolutely stagnant which considering their stadium is shocking.

Massive salaries there. And you know Houllier. He'll only make a better job of that. wage:turnover like 105% !

Last edited:
I've read this entire thread with a mixture of *facepalms*, shock and downright disappointment.

Taking a few days out and I see Davek's misinformation takes over.

I agree entirely with Danny's position.He's cut through all the bull being put about.

Kenwright for sure needs to go. This latest thing with the new annex being delayed is TYPICAL of this Everton board.

Infrastructure is a priority except this bunch of spinners, at Everton are letting the manager down well and truly. Plus the attempts at deceit over the interested parties issues frankly is a disgrace.

At Villa they've been SCREWED by the wage system they've applied, which the visitor from Villa has rightly seen. It's a noose around their neck. They're not making any progress in reducing their deficit or liabilities. Infact they're worse. And this is with them having infrastructure already in place to be making more revenue than we do currently.

Villa have more rebuilding and restructuring to do than we have. 5 years plus at least.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back