Moyes linked with Villa and Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa have more rebuilding and restructuring to do than we have. 5 years plus at least.

Everton need to build a stadium, grow its almost static commercial revenue streams, service a debt that's spiralling out of control. You can compare Everton favourably with Villa all night and day, the bottom line is that Everton the business is a second rate organisation that's just about to overwhelm the playing side of things. I could give a flying one if Villa are a failure or success by comparison or if they're Moyes' destination or otherwise.

Agree on our wage bill but I think some of the numbers you used were wrong Matt.
Anyway, I wish you guys luck (not for Saturday) in the remainder of your season cause I much prefer you to Liverpool (of the few fans of theirs I know, I dont like any that aren't related to me). We'll see what happens a la Moyes but I dont think he'll come to us purely because your board can just say no if you dont want to lose him.. which you dont.

Anyway Matt:

Players In
Fabian Delph 8m
Nigel Reo Coker 8.5m
Stephen Warnock 5m
Emile Heskey 3.5m
Curtis Davies 8.5m (including original loan fee)
Ashley Young 9.5m
Wayne Routledy 1.5m
James Milner 12.5m
Carlos Cuellar 7.8m
Luke Young 6m
Stewart Downing 12m
Nicky Shorey 3m
Habib Beye 2.5m
Stephen Ireland 8m
Darren Bent 24m (if we stay up, 18m if we go down)
Jean II Makoun 5m -----
total = £125.3million

Having SOLD:
OUT:
James Milner 18m
Gareth Barry 12m
Curtis Davies 3.5m
Craig Gardner 3.5m
Gary Cahill 5m
Zat Knight - Undisclosed (2m?)
Luke Moore 3m
Shaun Maloney 2.5m
Peter Whittingham 0.35m
Steve Sidwell 0.25k
Total: 50.1m

NET SPEND: +£75.2m

Aswell as releasing a few on a free (and taking some on a free). I agree, Bent was funded through Milner's money and our spending has certainly curtailed in recent years.. but as we all seem to be aware, our wage bill is huge and needs to be reduced from the £80m it was costing us a year. Hence why MON is gone.

Houllier has already reduced the wage bill and given the players we expect to be gone, without having much detrimental effect to our playing squad (Reo Coker, Dunne - not worth his 50k wage at all and can be replaced with cheaper, Friedel being the only ones who would need replacing with anywhere near wages they are currently on) would reduce our wage bill by £22m to a much more acceptable £58m. I expect this to rise to around 70m by the time replacements are bought, in level with Spurs maybe not the same quality but still, vast improvement.

As for revenue, we are the 20th richest club - by revenue - in the world with £109.5m revenue for last season as according to the Deloitte Football Money League 2011. I think, correct me if im wrong, the first time we have cracked the £100m revenue barrier, now I expect that to drop this season, but still cracked the £100m revenue barrier.

As a Side note. Andy Marshall signed a new contract with us this week so has certainly not been released.

EDIT: That said, if we go down we are ****ed financially with our £35m loss last season, we could fairly easily curtail that if we stayed up + reduced the wage bill as expected and began fighting for Europe again on a much more sound financial footing. Not forgetting about the UEFA Financial Fairplay rules, we will be (as well as you) one of the few clubs eligible to compete in Europe - but this all hinges on us staying up and continuing the good work in the transfer market - for instance if Chelsea or Man City were to fail to qualify for Champions League at some point over the next few years, I could see them struggling to get back into an allowed financial footing by UEFA.

Last edited:
Agree on our wage bill but I think some of the numbers you used were wrong Matt.
Anyway, I wish you guys luck (not for Saturday) in the remainder of your season cause I much prefer you to Liverpool (of the few fans of theirs I know, I dont like any that aren't related to me). We'll see what happens a la Moyes but I dont think he'll come to us purely because your board can just say no if you dont want to lose him.. which you dont.

Anyway Matt:

Players In
Fabian Delph 8m
Nigel Reo Coker 8.5m
Stephen Warnock 5m
Emile Heskey 3.5m
Curtis Davies 8.5m (including original loan fee)
Ashley Young 9.5m
Wayne Routledy 1.5m
James Milner 12.5m
Carlos Cuellar 7.8m
Luke Young 6m
Stewart Downing 12m
Nicky Shorey 3m
Habib Beye 2.5m
Stephen Ireland 8m
Darren Bent 24m (if we stay up, 18m if we go down)
Jean II Makoun 5m -----
total = £125.3million

Having SOLD:
OUT:
James Milner 18m
Gareth Barry 12m

Curtis Davies 3.5m
Craig Gardner 3.5m
Gary Cahill 5m
Zat Knight - Undisclosed (2m?)
Luke Moore 3m
Shaun Maloney 2.5m
Peter Whittingham 0.35m
Steve Sidwell 0.25k
Total: 50.1m

NET SPEND: +£75.2m

Aswell as releasing a few on a free (and taking some on a free). I agree, Bent was funded through Milner's money and our spending has certainly curtailed in recent years.. but as we all seem to be aware, our wage bill is huge and needs to be reduced from the £80m it was costing us a year. Hence why MON is gone.

Houllier has already reduced the wage bill and given the players we expect to be gone, without having much detrimental effect to our playing squad (Reo Coker, Dunne - not worth his 50k wage at all and can be replaced with cheaper, Friedel being the only ones who would need replacing with anywhere near wages they are currently on) would reduce our wage bill by £22m to a much more acceptable £58m. I expect this to rise to around 70m by the time replacements are bought, in level with Spurs maybe not the same quality but still, vast improvement.

As for revenue, we are the 20th richest club - by revenue - in the world with £109.5m revenue for last season as according to the Deloitte Football Money League 2011. I think, correct me if im wrong, the first time we have cracked the £100m revenue barrier, now I expect that to drop this season, but still cracked the £100m revenue barrier.

As a Side note. Andy Marshall signed a new contract with us this week so has certainly not been released.

Those highlighted figures are certainly wrong.

With Milner, you've knocked off ten million AND included the so - called £8million part ex for Ireland.

So in that case you've misplaced 18million in the actual balance incorrectly.

Not only that but you've gone back past 2009 for players bought, and have not done the same for players sold.

The same for Sidwell. That was certainly not 250k. It was 4.5 million being one of the largest fees Fulham have ever payed for a player.

Also that so-called revenue figure includes player sales. You're actual organic revenue is only £80million.

It also doesn't highlight the massive debt burden you've taken on both in terms of burden to Lerner, and the wage bill.

EDIT... I just rechecked the figures, their stadium revenue increased £1.8million and their broadcast revenue increased £2.6million.

This so called £109.00 figure doesn't add up even with their shirt sponsorship deal.

I don't believe Deloitte's figures for Everton either. £96.6 million.

Deloitte are blatantly over estimating their figures.

Last edited:
Everton need to build a stadium, grow its almost static commercial revenue streams, service a debt that's spiralling out of control. You can compare Everton favourably with Villa all night and day, the bottom line is that Everton the business is a second rate organisation that's just about to overwhelm the playing side of things. I could give a flying one if Villa are a failure or success by comparison or if they're Moyes' destination or otherwise.

You've spent your entire time in this thread extolling the wonders of Aston Villa - hence D/D slapped you with a multi quote or two.

He was right as well.

Sidwell was sold on loan for 250k.

Man City gave us £18m for James Milner and the £8m make-weight Stephen Ireland. Not sure if maybe I have got one in the wrong column, It's not really a 'so-called' part ex.. as it was a part-ex.

Yes other players missing were released on free's according to the records I found, using the records that I found i used every player bought and sold since Lerner took over.

Anyway, I really didnt mean to start a huge debate over the financial comings and goings of another club on your forum (although it ended that way lmao).

Sidwell was sold on loan for 250k.

Man City gave us £18m for James Milner and the £8m make-weight Stephen Ireland. Not sure if maybe I have got one in the wrong column, It's not really a 'so-called' part ex.. as it was a part-ex.

Yes other players missing were released on free's according to the records I found, using the records that I found i used every player bought and sold since Lerner took over.

Anyway, I really didnt mean to start a huge debate over the financial comings and goings of another club on your forum (although it ended that way lmao).

If you're going to account for figures you've got to include both incoming and outgoing IN FULL.

So Milner's is £30million THEN you include the Ireland -£8million from that figure. Otherwise it reads as Milner only being £10million net which is blatantly wrong.

Also,

I just rechecked the figures, Villa Park's stadium revenue increased £1.8million and their broadcast revenue increased £2.6million.

This so called £109.00 figure doesn't add up even with their shirt sponsorship deal. Where's this extra 9 million come from in their figures??????? (over and above shirt sponsorship).

I don't believe Deloitte's figures for Everton either. £96.6 million.

Deloitte are blatantly over estimating their figures.

Says it all in Deloitte's "We have not performed any verification work or audited any of the information contained in the financial statements or other sources in respect of each club for the purpose of this publication"

There is absolutely no way that Villa made >100million without including player sales money.

Last edited:
On the other side of the coin I'd like to think Jags wouldn't sign a long term deal unless he had assurances on the future of the club, who knows Rodders, this time next year we may be millionaires anyway!

PF-Del-Boy_1235471c.jpg

Milners sale was £26m.

It could be increased shirt sales or extra money from two cup runs, one to the final.

We also had a new deal with Fiat (not for shirt sponsorship) which would account for some of it.

Milners sale was £26m.

It could be increased shirt sales or extra money from two cup runs, one to the final.

We also had a new deal with Fiat (not for shirt sponsorship) which would account for some of it.

How much do you think your manager (whomever it is) will have to spend this summer mate?

Absoultely no idea, we're debating this over at Villa now. We need a new-look defence, having spoken to some of James Collins' relatives it would appear Richard Dunne is dunne for and on his way out, with James possibly following after their bust up with the staff. Friedel cant be far from retiring, and his contract is up - might go to MLS and concentrate on his training camps. Reo Coker's contract is up and wont accept anything less than 50k a week and Galatasaray are supposedly after Petrov, Presume Ash Young will be going to Utd/Liverpool if we dont spend.

Soo,

Keeper,
Left Back (playing kids there hasnt worked at all)
Centre back - possibly 2 of them
Right back - unless we somehow manage to sign Kyle Walker, if not he'll need replacing
Centre mid - possibly 2, maybe 3 (replace Petrov + Coker + Houllier still wanted another in Jan even with these guys in C.Adam)
Winger - been playing Agbonlahor here and its just not working at all, but we need the rotation.
Attacking Midfielder/Second Striker - Possibly already have in Ireland if he sorts himself out but need to replace Young if/when he leaves even if Ireland stays.
Striker - for rotation, If Heskey leaves (dont think he will, but some do)

I think we simply have to get everything above 'Winger'. And then we need either a AMC who can also play on the wing or a Winger and a change in formation - to replace Ashley Young. Then Striker + new AMC/winger is purely luxury if (and unlikely) we get the amount of money. There is no doubt though we need a new defence, I think Dunne/Collins could have been saved under new management though, until they got drunk and lambasted all the staff including club legends.

Players Out:
Friedel (free)
Dunne
Collins
Beye (free)
Warnock
Ashley Young
Luke Young (free)
Stephen Ireland - if he doesnt sort himself out
Reo Coker (free)
Kyle Walker (returning from loan)
Petrov, possibly
Pires (free)

His passing game is great, against utd he had something like 90 completed passes. I think we like him, mostly because he moves the ball forwards alot, where as we are used to Petrov the crab moving the ball sideways every time he gets it or giving it back to Friedel. He's surprisingly small in stature though for somebody who can play Defensive Midfielder, and I dont think he's adjusted to the pace of the prem yet, often looks like he's going to go in late (and has done a few times)

Absoultely no idea, we're debating this over at Villa now. We need a new-look defence, having spoken to some of James Collins' relatives it would appear Richard Dunne is dunne for and on his way out, with James possibly following after their bust up with the staff. Friedel cant be far from retiring, and his contract is up - might go to MLS and concentrate on his training camps. Reo Coker's contract is up and wont accept anything less than 50k a week and Galatasaray are supposedly after Petrov, Presume Ash Young will be going to Utd/Liverpool if we dont spend.

Soo,

Keeper,
Left Back (playing kids there hasnt worked at all)
Centre back - possibly 2 of them
Right back - unless we somehow manage to sign Kyle Walker, if not he'll need replacing
Centre mid - possibly 2, maybe 3 (replace Petrov + Coker + Houllier still wanted another in Jan even with these guys in C.Adam)
Winger - been playing Agbonlahor here and its just not working at all, but we need the rotation.
Attacking Midfielder/Second Striker - Possibly already have in Ireland if he sorts himself out but need to replace Young if/when he leaves even if Ireland stays.
Striker - for rotation, If Heskey leaves (dont think he will, but some do)

I think we simply have to get everything above 'Winger'. And then we need either a AMC who can also play on the wing or a Winger and a change in formation - to replace Ashley Young. Then Striker + new AMC/winger is purely luxury if (and unlikely) we get the amount of money. There is no doubt though we need a new defence, I think Dunne/Collins could have been saved under new management though, until they got drunk and lambasted all the staff including club legends.

Players Out:
Friedel (free)
Dunne
Collins
Beye (free)
Warnock
Ashley Young
Luke Young (free)
Stephen Ireland - if he doesnt sort himself out
Reo Coker (free)
Kyle Walker (returning from loan)
Petrov, possibly
Pires (free)

I hear Dunne is off to Celtic come June 1st. Just about his level now I reckon.

I'm surprised that Warnock is surpus to requirements. I always thought he was very decent - someone who Liverpool got shut of way too hastily.

Anyway, sounds like a rebuilding job above and beyond Houllier. A hardworking, ambitious manager who's lost his way at his present club might be the answer!

Warnock's form dropped considerably tail end of last season, this season he couldnt find it and ended up having a tirade against the club (not the manager) saying he hated the club, hated the area and hated the fans and has since been, quite rightly, put in the reserves for training and I believe has only recently broken into the Reserves team, where he conceded a free kick that cost us the game lmao.

We think he was a player quoted (but not named) as saying he didnt care either way because the fans sung his name and was 'out of here anyway' - murmurs were Liverpool were coming back in for him but after Dalglish took over those murmurs vanished

Wouldnt be surprised with Dunne and Celtic, where'd you hear that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back