Would you like it?

• Yes

Votes: 31 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 74 62.2%
  • Not bothered Everton aren’t we?

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters
I think it’s pretty obvious they’re putting a soft launch to a new badge for the modern era.

View attachment 248107

It’s all round the new stadium, and currently on our third kits and corner flags.

Be interested to hear peoples views.

Personally I like the modern approach and minimalistic but recognisable allarensce, it’s something to move on with, especially with the new stadium.

Hadnt thought this could be the reason they've went with that stupid version of the tower.

I really loathe it because they've used it in place of the crest - on merch, kits, season ticket cards - everywhere, replacing a crest which they not long ago they wisely rebranded to include the word Everton within the main body because, that was important. They then decided to bastardise their own logo.

I've never understood it but you could be on to something. I figure they've started moving away from it now though so reckon it was just a stupid campaign/temporary branding exercise.

Hadnt thought this could be the reason they've went with that stupid version of the tower.

I really loathe it because they've used it in place of the crest - on merch, kits, season ticket cards - everywhere, replacing a crest which they not long ago they wisely rebranded to include the word Everton within the main body because, that was important. They then decided to bastardise their own logo.

I've never understood it but you could be on to something. I figure they've started moving away from it now though so reckon it was just a stupid campaign/temporary branding exercise.

I’ll commit to the belief it’s a soft launch. It’s everywhere, putting it on the third kits is probably the best example.

The barriers protecting the new stadium have it, they’ll push more as the stadium nears completion.

Everyone has opinions but I’m strongly for it as part of modernisation. I want to move away from our last few decades and leave the current badge at goodison. Still have the nil satis nisi optimum around the ground etc.

I do think it should have more detail though, such as EFC or 1878 above or below it.

It’s not for everyone but we’re approaching a new age and target market (fans) so something like this has to be done to improve the brand.

Another point is I don’t see the current badge anywhere on the renders of the new ground, or as mentioned earlier, around the construction site.

A polite message to the “Everton Da’s”:

IMG_4543.jpeg

I think it’s pretty obvious they’re putting a soft launch to a new badge for the modern era.

View attachment 248107

It’s all round the new stadium, and currently on our third kits and corner flags.

Be interested to hear peoples views.

Personally I like the modern approach and minimalistic but recognisable allarensce, it’s something to move on with, especially with the new stadium.
gtf as a badge...we don' need no (new) stinkin' badges etc

As a logo, which is different, I can live with it - just.

I’ll commit to the belief it’s a soft launch. It’s everywhere, putting it on the third kits is probably the best example.

The barriers protecting the new stadium have it, they’ll push more as the stadium nears completion.

Everyone has opinions but I’m strongly for it as part of modernisation. I want to move away from our last few decades and leave the current badge at goodison. Still have the nil satis nisi optimum around the ground etc.

I do think it should have more detail though, such as EFC or 1878 above or below it.

It’s not for everyone but we’re approaching a new age and target market (fans) so something like this has to be done to improve the brand.

Another point is I don’t see the current badge anywhere on the renders of the new ground, or as mentioned earlier, around the construction site.

A polite message to the “Everton Da’s”:

View attachment 248269

They've definitely scaled back its usage, at least digitally.

To use it as they did to replace the crest entirely in different places was a terrible idea, and counter to everything they'd said previously. Even in their apology a over the crest a few years back when they launched the options to vote on, they said - "Our solution, in a globalised, technology-led world – was to present one word, loudly and clearly – EVERTON" - this clearly isn't the case with a tower in isolation.

Don't mess with the crest, don't butcher it and ensure Everton is within the main body. Pretty much every club has rebranded to do exactly that - generally circles with club name within. I understand it.

Whether they look to incorporate it into the main crest as you say, time will tell. I hope not, it feels cheaper. In fact, I suspect that would be the only motivation for changing the tower, would be for it to be cheaper/easier to produce.

They've definitely scaled back its usage, at least digitally.

To use it as they did to replace the crest entirely in different places was a terrible idea, and counter to everything they'd said previously. Even in their apology a over the crest a few years back when they launched the options to vote on, they said - "Our solution, in a globalised, technology-led world – was to present one word, loudly and clearly – EVERTON" - this clearly isn't the case with a tower in isolation.

Don't mess with the crest, don't butcher it and ensure Everton is within the main body. Pretty much every club has rebranded to do exactly that - generally circles with club name within. I understand it.

Whether they look to incorporate it into the main crest as you say, time will tell. I hope not, it feels cheaper. In fact, I suspect that would be the only motivation for changing the tower, would be for it to be cheaper/easier to produce.

Each to their own, like kits people like the old baggy le coq stuff, some like the modern adidas and Nike. I’m the latter.