• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This one

Attachments

• IMG_0648.webp
    IMG_0648.webp
    28 KB · Views: 14

It’s very basic, more like a brand logo than a club badge, similar to the alternative badge we have on the third kit.

Less detail the easier to manufacture and keep costs low I guess
Yes, I agree with that. For me, these badges are too simplistic and abandon features which supporters hold dear. Whilst some badges could do with watering down or modernising, most are fine and shouldn't be tampered with.

I think it’s pretty obvious they’re putting a soft launch to a new badge for the modern era.

View attachment 248107

It’s all round the new stadium, and currently on our third kits and corner flags.

Be interested to hear peoples views.

Personally I like the modern approach and minimalistic but recognisable allarensce, it’s something to move on with, especially with the new stadium.

The monolith.

This is what's effing wrong with the football club. If the idiots who come up with this are listening then just GTF out of the football club.

This is why the club is so poorly run. This is why we're so bad with merchandising. This is why we're so bad with communication.

I am so looking forward to a new owner who (unlike Moshiri) will sweep the club and bring new focus and drive.

I see it as complimentary minimalist logo to the badge and not a replacement. Both can exist. Think of the Levi Straus jeans leather badge print design and the simple tag or V-shaped pocket-stitching. They can compliment and reinforce "the brand" identity....

The whole point of using the tower is recognition of the birthplace of the club, so even a modernised version should be recognisable as a nod to the building. I don't see why they couldn't incorporate a line or gap to indicate the base of the roof at least. Or maybe the window ?

The whole point of using the tower is recognition of the birthplace of the club, so even a modernised version should be recognisable as a nod to the building. I don't see why they couldn't incorporate a line or gap to indicate the base of the roof at least.
That’s the issue for me, no problem with them simplifying it really if it actually resembles something of a tower!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back