• No

Votes: 110 62.5%
  • Not bothered Everton aren’t we?

Votes: 28 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0187.webp
When you open that app that flashes up, before fading into the plain block they currently use, I know which I prefer!!

St.Ruperts tower just isn't enough of an iconic landscape style image to be able to carry off as a blank pentagon. Any of the old designs were recognisable as some form of tower so even if you know nothing about Everton or St Rupert's you can still recognise there's some connection with some old tower somewhere that may pique a little curiosity.

I'd be happier just binning it than having what is essentially a plain meaningless slab with no recognisable quality. Someone's nephew got the Everton account straight out of University. Or a genuinely disenchanted graphic designer trying to see how far they can push taking the absolute piss out of inadequate and easily led decision makers everywhere for their own personal amusement.

I think it’s pretty obvious they’re putting a soft launch to a new badge for the modern era.

View attachment 248107

It’s all round the new stadium, and currently on our third kits and corner flags.

Be interested to hear peoples views.

Personally I like the modern approach and minimalistic but recognisable allarensce, it’s something to move on with, especially with the new stadium.
I like it! Can we also change our Latin motto into text speak please or perhaps "UTFT"?

I'd go ballistic seeing that if I was a Stoke supporter.

To be fair though, their current badge is so dull. Maybe it's got history, but it's in the same league as the likes of Fulham in its blandness.

Don't like the new one much either though.

Might find a a Stoke forum, see what's being said. Noseying around in this thread was the first I'd heard of their new design.

St.Ruperts tower just isn't enough of an iconic landscape style image to be able to carry off as a blank pentagon. Any of the old designs were recognisable as some form of tower so even if you know nothing about Everton or St Rupert's you can still recognise there's some connection with some old tower somewhere that may pique a little curiosity.

I'd be happier just binning it than having what is essentially a plain meaningless slab with no recognisable quality. Someone's nephew got the Everton account straight out of University. Or a genuinely disenchanted graphic designer trying to see how far they can push taking the absolute piss out of inadequate and easily led decision makers everywhere for their own personal amusement.
Prince Ruperts Tower mate

To be fair though, their current badge is so dull. Maybe it's got history, but it's in the same league as the likes of Fulham in its blandness.

Don't like the new one much either though.

Might find a a Stoke forum, see what's being said. Noseying around in this thread was the first I'd heard of their new design.

I'd seriously doubt they are happy about it. They had a badge in '68 that had a kiln on it, but it looked way better than what they have done now.

Some lid on the internet photoshopped this which is similar to what I would have done. Perhaps would also lose the Stoke City wording and get rid of 'The Potters' scroll at the bottom to simplify given the spirit of the exercise.

Screenshot_20240530_123338_Chrome.webp

I quite like the idea of binning it

Just have Everton written there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back