New Everton Stadium

Only thing that worries me about these RS complaints is the point about ultimate liability lying with the LCC SPV as guarantor.

It would take a truly bizarre set of circumstances for them to be left carrying the can - I.e multiple relegations, administration etc, but it is, in theory, possible.

Now I don't think it's a problem, but the RS argument will be that LCC is taking on risk, however low that risk is.

It's whether that the council cabinet take a view that they should never take on any risk whatsoever, and whether the argument sticks that if the unthinkable happens to Everton, and the council end up liable.

Hopefully the council can make a reasoned decision on Risk/reward/likelihood, and not get sucked into worst case scenario decision.
Apologies if this has been addressed... just catching up. With the withdrawal of significant Government funds to local councils and the 'devolution' of power with more emphasis on councils trying to be more responsible for their spending I think the councils are looking for vehicles to earn money. The LCC are taking a 'risk' but they are being paid to the tune of £4.5 million a year to do this. This is a way of providing significant funds to fill holes in an ever decreasing budget from central government. Plus it is a way of the too long awaited development of the North Docks that Peel have been dilly dallying over for the last ten years. The council need this to work to re-generate a significant part of our historic waterfront to bring much needed extra revenue into the city... Peel need the soft boot up the arse to get on with it ( and before anybody says 'they were going to it anyway... they've been saying that longer than Bill's been saying 'watch this space') and LCC get £4.5 mill a year for 40 years. If you don't want the dosh don't take the risk.. End off.

Was with some RS and one is an accountant at LCC ,( not involved with this deal), he said it is an amazing deal for all concerned and think other councils will look very carefully at copying.

Whats good about what the council have done is that it makes the moaning harder from bitters, just listen to Roger Philips, soon as one pipes up about the council helping us he is putting them in their place, pointing out how much the council and the region are also benefiting.
Its a masterstroke from the trio of Evertonians, Joe, Bill and Farhad!

For such a complex build location, with such poor exchange rates, and what is meant to be a 'world class' and 'iconic' stadium, can someone please explain to me how we are meant to do that with only £300M to £350M? I might have missed it being explained earlier, soz!

For such a complex build location, with such poor exchange rates, and what is meant to be a 'world class' and 'iconic' stadium, can someone please explain to me how we are meant to do that with only £300M to £350M? I might have missed it being explained earlier, soz!

Add in another £100 to £200 million for naming rights. £450 million plus will get us something very handsome.

Wouldn't say the location is complex it has its good points and bad points. Bad points include the whole heritage business, filling the dock once drained, (although you can imagine big barges of earth being docked beside it should make it easier than say it was only accessible by road) draining itself isn't an issue.

Good points include as it is a big hole already you can bet your life that one tier will be below ground level, this saves money on making that look pretty on the outside, less glass/bricks etc. The roof supports don't have to be so tall saving money there too. So it's not impossible to think it will be cheaper than some peoples estimates. I would guess the final cost will be close to 400 million unless Moshiri gets mates rates on the steel and building crew or the capacity stays at 50,000.

Wouldn't say the location is complex it has its good points and bad points. Bad points include the whole heritage business, filling the dock once drained, (although you can imagine big barges of earth being docked beside it should make it easier than say it was only accessible by road) draining itself isn't an issue.

Good points include as it is a big hole already you can bet your life that one tier will be below ground level, this saves money on making that look pretty on the outside, less glass/bricks etc. The roof supports don't have to be so tall saving money there too. So it's not impossible to think it will be cheaper than some peoples estimates. I would guess the final cost will be close to 400 million unless Moshiri gets mates rates on the steel and building crew or the capacity stays at 50,000.
Moshiris mates don't make the type of steel you would typically use when constructing a stadium, so no advantage from that source.
But being at a quayside means the steel work and precast concrete can be fabricated anywhere in the world and delivered to site by ship so you are not reliant on the few fabricators capable of stadium work in the UK. You can ship 5,000tonnes of steel all the way from China for £50,000, but to move it from Bolton or Bury to Liverpool by road would cost 5 times as much. The millenium stadium in Cardiff was fabricated in Italy and shipped back to the UK - directly to site. Most of the stadium for Euro 2004 (including Benfica & Porto) cost less than £100million. So you can produce something spectacular for £300 million.

Add in another £100 to £200 million for naming rights. £450 million plus will get us something very handsome.

Plus... £100 million if the stadium is able to be altered to host athletics.. And before anyone says we don't want an athletic stadium I totally 100% agree! However if our 60,000 seater bear pit for footy can have its surface raised like Celtic Park did for a running track to go over the pitch side seats and we reduce our capacity to 50,000 we/LCC would get in the region of £100 Million for providing the Commonwealth games stadium. Knock that off the price! Also if I could just say... if we have received in the region of £75 million for five years to sponsor the bloody training ground in the middle of nowhere (apologies to the residents of Finch Farm) what would USMinov pay to ""sponsor" an "iconic" stadium on the top 5 most recognisable waterfronts in the world..... just sayin....

Apologies if this has been addressed... just catching up. With the withdrawal of significant Government funds to local councils and the 'devolution' of power with more emphasis on councils trying to be more responsible for their spending I think the councils are looking for vehicles to earn money. The LCC are taking a 'risk' but they are being paid to the tune of £4.5 million a year to do this. This is a way of providing significant funds to fill holes in an ever decreasing budget from central government. Plus it is a way of the too long awaited development of the North Docks that Peel have been dilly dallying over for the last ten years. The council need this to work to re-generate a significant part of our historic waterfront to bring much needed extra
Apologies if this has been addressed... just catching up. With the withdrawal of significant Government funds to local councils and the 'devolution' of power with more emphasis on councils trying to be more responsible for their spending I think the councils are looking for vehicles to earn money. The LCC are taking a 'risk' but they are being paid to the tune of £4.5 million a year to do this. This is a way of providing significant funds to fill holes in an ever decreasing budget from central government. Plus it is a way of the too long awaited development of the North Docks that Peel have been dilly dallying over for the last ten years. The council need this to work to re-generate a significant part of our historic waterfront to bring much needed extra revenue into the city... Peel need the soft boot up the arse to get on with it ( and before anybody says 'they were going to it anyway... they've been saying that longer than Bill's been saying 'watch this space') and LCC get £4.5 mill a year for 40 years. If you don't want the dosh don't take the risk.. End off.

Yeah, get all that and as I said I think it's a good deal for LCC. My only concern is RS playing up the risk, and the council cabinet being risk averse and not taking the dosh.

I actually think they will go for it, but being an Evertonian you get used to looking for the pitfalls in any of our plans.

Exactly what I was going to say. I suspect we will agree a significant naming rights deal from one of the Russian companies Mosh has ties with. It will raise some eye brows as it will probably be viewed as exceeding market value for our current position but it will justified because of the iconic location. A large portion will be paid upfront to add to the £300m.

Exactly what I was going to say. I suspect we will agree a significant naming rights deal from one of the Russian companies Mosh has ties with. It will raise some eye brows as it will probably be viewed as exceeding market value for our current position but it will justified because of the iconic location. A large portion will be paid upfront to add to the £300m.

Whilst I agree about a naming rights deal being in this region for this reason... i actually think it will be used for buying players and not towards the stadium... as its only increase in commercial activities that will help pay for players.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back