New Everton Stadium

First Kirkby scheme at the golf course circa 1997
KD circa 2000-2002
DK circa 2007-2009
WHP circa 2013-2015

...now this next wing and a prayer.
They actually upgraded the local electricity transformer for the Kirkby Golf Course stadium in anticipation.
Obviously it never happened but apparently Johnson was keen for this to progress.

Have faith David, have faith.
Patience is a virtue and all those being patient shall be rewarded.
Hope so mate.

I think one of the other posters implied this might be a way of preparing fans for a much reduced stadium capacity....the Elstone comment about costs and inflation etc.

Maybe a 45,000-50,000 capacity plan they'll work to and this today has been released to give context to any such decision.

Time will tell. But that announcement today wasn't just an update.

Hope so mate.

I think one of the other posters implied this might be a way of preparing fans for a much reduced stadium capacity....the Elstone comment about costs and inflation etc.

Maybe a 45,000-50,000 capacity plan they'll work to and this today has been released to give context to any such decision.

David, you're furrowing your troubled brow far more than is necessary or usual - have a little faith baby, have a little faith.

How? Moshiri could buy Bills shares tomorrow at a pre agreed price if he wanted to. Bill is utterly redundant in this, other than the salesman front.

Gregg Family paid the money for Bill to buy into Everton and he still chased them out of town. The old Everton journalist friends have recently stuck the knife into Moshiri's rule and decisions.

Don't be surprised if Bill tries to regain control.

Gregg Family paid the money for Bill to buy into Everton and he still chased them out of town. The old Everton journalist friends have recently stuck the knife into Moshiri's rule and decisions.

Don't be surprised if Bill tries to regain control.

Like I said. How? Some local hacks having a pop while the fans see a stadium take place?

Hope so mate.

Won't be less than 50,000. Kirkby was 50,000 eight years ago at a time we were averaging 34,000. We sold out every home game last season and have a season ticket waiting list.

Generally agree with you but let's not go overboard.

Really? I'm probably wrong here but I thought Moshiri only had the ability to buy at the agreed price after undisclosed events came to pass?

Iirc, when he took the 49.9% stake there was a pre agreed price he would pay for Bills shares. If not, then he is a lunatic. As for the agreed events, not a clue about that. But either way, The Echo wont force him out. Bigger boys playing now, on and off the pitch.

Big question from me for 2018...what will all the Davek Doomsday Devotees say if this actually happens?
Glass always half empty...club, team, board, kit, sponsors, stadium. Shame as our club has an awful lot to be proud of.
I know what they will say if it doesn't, but just imagine if it does!

Big question from me for 2018...what will all the Davek Doomsday Devotees say if this actually happens?
Glass always half empty...club, team, board, kit, sponsors, stadium. Shame as our club has an awful lot to be proud of.
I know what they will say if it doesn't, but just imagine if it does!

Knowing @davek (virtually) as I do, he will be delighted. Its right that he and others question and question and question the custodians of our club, where others, like me, get giddy with excitement. I applaud him for it, even if it occasionally does my nut!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back