New Everton Stadium

and in the mean time we have a ground that looks like a retail shed visable to anybody looking at the city from the Wirral side and most of the moterways leading into the city from the northern direction into Liverpool.
A massive pile of scrap and a sewrage plant right on the waterfront,
but they want to block a state of the art ground and a massive investment into one of the poorest areas of the country,
tell them to fk off, bet not one of them lives or every lived in the northend of Liverpool.,
Its an important part if not the most important at present, peice of the jigsaw to drag Liverpool towards a future that could be decent.
We cant live in city thats more chained to its history than its future .
As I've mentioned above, I don't remember them kicking up such a fuss when Liverpool One was built.

If I remember correctly, that's a medieval dock it's sat on top of, isn't it?

Edit: Just googled it. 1715 it dates to. The first dock built in Liverpool. Much more significant than Bramley Moore. And since we're only covering it, and not destroying it. What exactly is English Heritage's problem, and why did they not object to Liverpool One being built?

Last edited:
Funny thing is that isn’t there a plan to regenerate the whole area? We are phase one and there will be loads of shops and things next.

i think the council would of seen this coming and ain’t that bothered by it, it will still go ahead

Still think the Gov would likely approve it, but to me, it’s defo getting called in.

Such a firm position from Historic England - call it in and refuse it - and they’re a Gov body, makes me think the local council will bottle making a decision themselves, and will more likely pass the buck to central government.

What was the point in us making alterations to the design to make them happier when they never wanted it there in the first place & were always going to complain about it? Pointless discussions based on worthless complaints when it didn't really matter what was being built at all.

It's all about playing the game.

Pretty smart move by Everton to practically bend over backwards. Shows willing to enter dialogue, listen to concerns and try to accommodate them wherever possible

Just like the two earlier public consultations, it's getting all the ducks in a row for any objections down the line.

Still think the Gov would likely approve it, but to me, it’s defo getting called in.

Such a firm position from Historic England - call it in and refuse it - and they’re a Gov body, makes me think the local council will bottle making a decision themselves, and will more likely pass the buck to central government.

The Local Council will show their true Red colours if they dont stick two fingers up to heritage england.

As if the government refused it the city loses out on massive investment.

Your call LCC

Historic England...

Developers are seeking approval to build five new docks in Liverpool. The Stanley Dock complex, to be built in built in one phase. The developers suggest that this represents the pinnacle of 19th century dock design and cargo-handling and will influence ports around the globe. The Bramley-Moore Dock, the largest of the five docks, is to be built for use by the largest steamers. The developers have suggested that this will bring increased trade and jobs to the City of Liverpool.

However it is our opinion that this major overdevelopment of a green and quiet part of the city green fields is a national disgrace. It will bring nothing but ruffians to the area while at the same time destroying the natural shoreline of the Mersey, we therefore refuse to endorse this development and will oppose it at the national level. Really, who needs more docks in this year of 1844.......

Incidentally, where were English Heritage when Liverpool Football Club where buying up old houses around Anfield and tearing them down?

No one can say the area of Anfield has been improved at all. If anything, I'd say those old terrace houses are of a bigger and better quality than most new builds.

The Local Council will show their true Red colours if they dont stick two fingers up to heritage england.

As if the government refused it the city loses out on massive investment.

Your call LCC

Don’t have a lot of faith in the courage of LCC in making a ruling which goes against another gov body recommendation. Far easier for them to bottle it and pass the buck. Hope I’m wrong like, and someone in LCC has the balls to make the call.

If it gets called in it's taken out of the councils hands, they'll have no say in it. This is why we've had so many consultations trying to bend over backwards when people were saying just get on with it.

Now some of you are waking up to why that never happened.

If it gets called in it's taken out of the councils hands, they'll have no say in it. This is why we've had so many consultations trying to bend over backwards when people were saying just get on with it.

Which is why its in the best interests of the Council to grant it.

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth when you need investment in the city post covid.

yeah, hoping that the extensive consultations with council and others demonstrate that we’ve done everything by the book and have built a bit of good feeling in LCC.

As I've mentioned above, I don't remember them kicking up such a fuss when Liverpool One was built.

If I remember correctly, that's a medieval dock it's sat on top of, isn't it?

Edit: Just googled it. 1715 it dates to. The first dock built in Liverpool. Much more significant than Bramley Moore. And since we're only covering it, and not destroying it. What exactly is English Heritage's problem, and why did they not object to Liverpool One being built?

Liverpool One didn't involve the filling in of a dock though. Liverpool One was a replacement of the likes of the Moat house hotel, the derelict council offices on south john street and the old bus station. The dock was long gone.

This is what the area looked like before Liverpool one.

1.webp
2.webp

Liverpool One didn't involve the filling in of a dock though. Liverpool One was a replacement of the likes of the Moat house hotel, the derelict council offices on south john street and the old bus station. The dock was long gone.

This is what the area looked like before Liverpool one.

View attachment 98789View attachment 98790
That makes sense. Did they fill the dock in when the Echo Arena was built, do you know?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back