New Everton Stadium

Its nailed on to go through regardless of it has to to before Goverment - its just a pain if it gets delayed any further.

The Tories are not gonna stand in the way of profit and big business over some clowns wanting a derelict site to stay derelict what planet are some people on lol

Planning legislation has recently changed , with an emphasis on allowing development as I understand it. Nothing to worry about here.

Planning legislation hasn't changed. The Tories have launched a consultation that will last until October about possible changes to the planning rules. The main intention is to make it easier for developers to build more houses.

One of the key points is

Simplifying the role of Local Plans, to focus on identifying land under 3 categories - Growth areas suitable for substantial development, and where outline approval for development would be automatically secured for forms and types of development specified in the Plan; Renewal areas suitable for some development, such as gentle densification; and Protected areas where – as the name suggests – development is restricted. This could halve the time it takes to secure planning permission on larger sites identified in plans. We also want to allow local planning authorities to identify sub-areas in their Growth areas for self and custom-build homes, so that more people can build their own homes.

Given Historic England's objections would Bramley Moore dock be a growth area or a protected area.

Must have missed that we are preserving the docks underneath. I thought we were draining it and then filling it in. Has that changed?
Must admit I always thought that the stadium was being built in such a way that if need be in the future the dock can be returned to it's original use, that's why there was a lot of focus on an underground car park.
I read it as what @Nobby Nobbs said. I'm fairly certain it was mentioned in the email someone posted a few pages a go. Admittedly I may have read it wrong, but my assumption was they are filling it in, but taking care to leave the walls so it can restored at a later date.

Whats the process Rob lad? If the Council Grant Planning Permission in December is that it or do the Govt have to look at the matter before the councils decision or after becore deciding to review it?

No one seems to know the actual procedure - just alot of worrying over something thats not worth worrying about.

You can be sure also that LFC will be pulling levers all over the show with this application. They want the city; they never tire of trying to claim it for themselves right now. It's key to their marketing strategy that LFC = Liverpool and all that goes with it. For its neighbours to have an outstanding stadium in an outstanding location that's impossible to ignore locally, nationally and globally is a development they cant put up with.
I must admit, it does have a whiff of this about it. Especially so if actually look into English Heritage's stated reasons for blocking it. They just seem to be doing it for the sake of doing it. So you have to wonder just what their motivations are exactly.

I admit I could have my blue tinted specs on, but I'm just not buying their reasonings.

Its nailed on to go through regardless of it has to to before Goverment - its just a pain if it gets delayed any further.

The Tories are not gonna stand in the way of profit and big business over some clowns wanting a derelict site to stay derelict what planet are some people on lol

The government does not have the final say though the courts do. The government gave planning permission for the redevelopment of the West Ferry printworks in the isle of dogs but that was overturned in the courts.

The government does not have the final say though the courts do. The government gave planning permission for the redevelopment of the West Ferry printworks in the isle of dogs but that was overturned in the courts.

Still cant see it being overturned

Its like Blues actually thinking the PL were gonna void the season and the RS miss out on a title.

Its fun hoping but ultimately in a post covid world it makes absolutely no sense to keep a derelict site derelict compared to the opposite of a project that will bring in millions to the economy, create thousands of jobs and has universal support from local politicians, residents and business leaders of the area.

Heritage England haven't a leg to stand on imo they are posturing to suit their audience.

You can be sure also that LFC will be pulling levers all over the show with this application. They want the city; they never tire of trying to claim it for themselves right now. It's key to their marketing strategy that LFC = Liverpool and all that goes with it. For its neighbours to have an outstanding stadium in an outstanding location that's impossible to ignore locally, nationally and globally is a development they cant put up with.

Meh, you can also be sure that Peel will be "pulling levers" of their own. No way this doesn't get approval.

Still cant see it being overturned

Its like Blues actually thinking the PL were gonna void the season and the RS miss out on a title.

Its fun hoping but ultimately in a post covid world it makes absolutely no sense to keep a derelict site derelict compared to the opposite of a project that will bring in millions to the economy, create thousands of jobs and has universal support from local politicians, residents and business leaders of the area.

Heritage England haven't a leg to stand on imo they are posturing to suit their audience.

The problem is it is still a working dock. The worst outcome is a protracted legal battle that could end up in the high court, followed by the appeals court.

The Northern docks could become a protected area under the Tories new legislation with other areas deemed to be growth areas. The question would then be why aren't we building our Stadium in a designated growth area. If the first phase contained houses and commercial space it would be much easier to get the Stadium built.

Maybe Peel need to push on with the housing and not rely on Everton to be a catalyst.

Will people stop flapping, its in our mindset to think everything will always go txts up. This is happening and were doing it the right way.

I think that was challenged because the Secretary of State did not follow proper procedure, in fact I am sure he admitted as much. Noone can level that charge against this proposal.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back