NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am lost.

Are we on about:

1) the limitations of Mahomes as a player
2) Brady as the GOAT
3) cheese on toast

#1 was always obvious. #2 is patently false. He loses at the position and loses crushingly (Rice) across the entire field. We can discuss #3, probably without result.

We're on about Kev thinking American Football games are scripted and that Mahomes purposely didn't throw the ball because of some nefarious plan by the Chiefs to go 18 points ahead and throw it away

Anyone missing those throws at the end isn’t an NFL quarterback let alone one with the highest passer rating and w-l record of any current player.
So, like, I saw Badford play in person. Good seats, too, that revealed how bad he was.

I have never seen so many throws missed high. I liked him in college. I was flat out stunned.

Mahomes is not that. If you want to call him comparatively inaccurate, I'll buy that.

So, like, I saw Badford play in person.

I have never seen so many throws missed high. I liked him in college. I was flat out stunned.

Mahomes is not that. If you want to call him comparatively inaccurate, I'll buy that.
Sorry are you comparing Sam Bradford to Mahomes?

Please.

Talk to me about Montana or Manning.

You are taking about someone with 4 straight title games, an NFL mvp, super bowl mvp and the highest qb rating in nfl history

Sorry are you comparing Sam Bradford to Mahomes?

Please.

Talk to me about Montana or Manning.
I would hope that context would make it clear that I wasn't the one making the comparison.

You are the one who point-blank called Mahomes not an NFL quarterback. I was merely finding the comparison wanting.

I would hope that context would make it clear that I wasn't the one making the comparison.

You are the one who point-blank called Mahomes not an NFL quarterback. I was merely finding the comparison wanting.

I think you're completely missing the point here Martin. Kev thinks that the only reason Mahomes didn't make those throws was because he was scripted to lose by an as of yet unidentified group and that the NFL is fake like wrestling. This is genuinely how he is coming to terms with the Chiefs losing.

I do think that I understood your point. The offense, I'm afraid I'm going to have to take it.

Yes, I realize that this puts me on the level with a frat boy still eating alphabetti-spaghetti. Still doing it.
I said any qb with the qualities of Mahomes has no business missing those throws.

Not that he’s poor or average.

He crucified the Bengals in the first half like he crucified the Bills last week.

The open question is how a qb with his resume fails in that situation.

I think you're completely missing the point here Martin. Kev thinks that the only reason Mahomes didn't make those throws was because he was scripted to lose by an as of yet unidentified group and that the NFL is fake like wrestling. This is genuinely how he is coming to terms with the Chiefs losing.
We already have today a disclosure that at least one NFL owner is offering money to throw games

We already have today a disclosure that at least one NFL owner is offering money to throw games

Ok Kev. Owners of crap teams wanting to lose games to improve their draft position is the same as a league-wide scripting conspiracy that wrote the story of Patrick Mahomes throwing away an 18 point lead. They handed this directive to him before the game and he politely obliged. It's interesting that you think the Chiefs' superbowl win was all pre-determined though, what exactly do you get out of watching the NFL?

So, look, I'm trying really hard to ignore that. I mean, I buy the notion that NFL refs are biased. Most refs are, whether they buy it or not. I'm trying incredibly hard to refuse to accept the notion that the NFL is the WWE,

This is, actually, not because I think the NFL under Goodell is any less crooked than the WWE. I think it's because they have a lot more to lose. If you want to tell me that Mahomes threw, I'm 100% not buying that for a variety or reasons.

Not to end your guys fun here but some serious news coming out with Flores suing the league and basically saying all the quite stuff out loud. Oh and a live look at Belichick...

2f6b5c9a53ef0fb9931687c6d1781409a3-succession.2x.rsquare.w700.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back