NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Flores situation is massive for a number of reasons:

1) He was clearly run out of Miami because he wouldn't a) lose games on purpose his first year and b) wouldn't break NFL rules to talk with DeShaun Watson while under contract with Houston.

2) He's calling out the Giants and Broncos for not giving him a real chance at the job, which is a waste of Brian's time at best, and ignoring him based on race at worst.

3) Make no mistake, what Flores did in Miami is nothing short of a miracle. Guy can flat out coach. His first season, in particular, most "sharps" thought there was a really good chance they could go 0-16. What he did the second half of the year was incredible.

4) While the racism is less overt and not as easily "provable/definable", his examples show a culture of racism, that likely will bring other plaintiffs

5) All of the above aside, the allegation of the owner offering him $100K per loss is an issue not only for the integrity of the game, but legally b/c of its potential impact on legalized gambling, which the NFL really has got in bed with over the last couple years. And for those who think tanking has gone on for forever, it honestly doesn't happen as much as you'd think in the NFL. As an NFL gambler myself, I follow it closely, and rarely do you see teams tank like in baseball, for example, b/c these NFL guys are playing for their careers, which includes coaches. The times when teams who are incentivitzed to lose you seeing winning games late in the season against all odds are too numerous to count. Just look at the last game of the season Jacksonville/Colts game as the most recent Exhibit A

This Flores situation is massive for a number of reasons:

1) He was clearly run out of Miami because he wouldn't a) lose games on purpose his first year and b) wouldn't break NFL rules to talk with DeShaun Watson while under contract with Houston.

2) He's calling out the Giants and Broncos for not giving him a real chance at the job, which is a waste of Brian's time at best, and ignoring him based on race at worst.

3) Make no mistake, what Flores did in Miami is nothing short of a miracle. Guy can flat out coach. His first season, in particular, most "sharps" thought there was a really good chance they could go 0-16. What he did the second half of the year was incredible.

4) While the racism is less overt and not as easily "provable/definable", his examples show a culture of racism, that likely will bring other plaintiffs

5) All of the above aside, the allegation of the owner offering him $100K per loss is an issue not only for the integrity of the game, but legally b/c of its potential impact on legalized gambling, which the NFL really has got in bed with over the last couple years. And for those who think tanking has gone on for forever, it honestly doesn't happen as much as you'd think in the NFL. As an NFL gambler myself, I follow it closely, and rarely do you see teams tank like in baseball, for example, b/c these NFL guys are playing for their careers, which includes coaches. The times when teams who are incentivitzed to lose you seeing winning games late in the season against all odds are too numerous to count. Just look at the last game of the season Jacksonville/Colts game as the most recent Exhibit A

Goodell’s NFL has no shame. And no backbone; like a bank, the NFL follows the dollar. Unless the feds step in, you will need a star owner or a sea change in public opinion to get any result other than a settlement favorable to Flores.

Goodell’s NFL has no shame. And no backbone; like a bank, the NFL follows the dollar. Unless the feds step in, you will need a star owner or a sea change in public opinion to get any result other than a settlement favorable to Flores.

the statement dismissing it as without merit straight away was idiotic, i hope they get sued into oblivion

Call me crazy, but I don't think Flores settles here. For him to make the decision to sue, just at the beginning of the prime of his NFL coaching career, shows me he's in this for integrity reasons. If he wanted a payday he'd simply coach in the NFL somewhere as a coordinator short term, and likely as a head coach later.

I think the gloves are off. This is going to discovery, which will shake the NFL to its core.

Their idiodic statement yesterday about his complaint having no merit, after like 3 hours, I think is gasoline on that fire as well

Cincy game 1 he had the ball 3 times in the second half.

Brady and Tampa he was running for his life the whole game.

We are talking about a guy who has been one of the most clutch performers in NFL history with numerous miraculous comebacks, the highest qb rating in history, and 4 straight AFC Title games.

Losses in general are an absolute aberration for him, and losses like the one on Sunday are just unfathomable.
...for now.

In two years no-one will remember Mahomes. He'll be the answer to some obscure pub quiz questions.

The line of succession in QB royalty is Montana - Brady - Burrow.

...for now.

In two years no-one will remember Mahomes. He'll be the answer to some obscure pub quiz questions.

The line of succession in QB royalty is Montana - Brady - Burrow.
A fanciful suggestion - let’s see if people know who Mahomes is in 2 years.

I mean, it’s not like he has a clear body of work to draw on to prove how good he is, does he?

He could retire tomorrow and make the Hall Of Fame.

Enjoy your day out - and defeat - in a couple of weeks

Last edited:

A fanciful suggestion - let’s see if people know who Mahomes is in 2 years.

I mean, it’s not like he has a clear body of work to draw on to prove how good he is, does he?

He could retire tomorrow and make the Hall Of Fame.

Enjoy your day out - and defeat - in a couple of weeks

HoF? Mahomes? Okay pal, sure. Let's forget for a moment that Vick isn't in and Cam Newton is by no means a sure thing, and that Mahomes isn't at either of their levels yet. Let's just focus on "I choke every time I have to play the Cincinnati Bengals" and examine how many current Hall of Famers offered that as part of their argument for inclusion.

We had no business beating the Titans in the divisional round, so my expectations in the Superbowl against a Rams D featuring Aaron Donald and a Rams O with Kupp, OBJ and that line is zero.

Win or lose, Cincinnati has massively overperformed this season when you consider the gaping holes in the roster... I can see why you'd be so incredibly disappointed with the Chiefs though - literally every piece is in place but your QB has slammed up hard against his ceiling and choked TWICE (against the Bengals of all teams!) - so your anger is understandable.

How long can Reid keep your OL together, how long do Kelce and Hill have left in Kansas City? Can Mahomes learn to read coverages before he starts losing all the elite players around him? Scary time for Chiefs fans because the AFC West division can't possibly remain the weakest in the NFL for much longer.

HoF? Mahomes? Okay pal, sure. Let's forget for a moment that Vick isn't in and Cam Newton is by no means a sure thing, and that Mahomes isn't at either of their levels yet. Let's just focus on "I choke every time I have to play the Cincinnati Bengals" and examine how many current Hall of Famers offered that as part of their argument for inclusion.

We had no business beating the Titans in the divisional round, so my expectations in the Superbowl against a Rams D featuring Aaron Donald and a Rams O with Kupp, OBJ and that line is zero.

Win or lose, Cincinnati has massively overperformed this season when you consider the gaping holes in the roster... I can see why you'd be so incredibly disappointed with the Chiefs though - literally every piece is in place but your QB has slammed up hard against his ceiling and choked TWICE (against the Bengals of all teams!) - so your anger is understandable.

How long can Reid keep your OL together, how long do Kelce and Hill have left in Kansas City? Can Mahomes learn to read coverages before he starts losing all the elite players around him? Scary time for Chiefs fans because the AFC West division can't possibly remain the weakest in the NFL for much longer.
and how many super bowls and super bowl mvps do Vick and Newton have?

Mahomes not at Newtons level - no further responses from me to you. I've heard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back