Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Transfer Speculation: Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
united's policy since ferguson has left has been total and utter desperation. paid a bit over the odds for fellaini and then after fan discontent they then overpaid by double the amount on juan mata just to get in a "big signing".

Bought a lot of expensive players under van gaal with half of them playing the same positions and then the amount they paid for martial was astonishingly desperate. He looks to be a very very good player for the future, but he shouldn't have been costing anywher near that amount.

and like you say now, they don't need to be raising the profile with a 35 year old ibrahimovic, especially based on the obscene wages they'll be spending on him. Still a class player yes, but what impact will he have on the pitch in the prem with his best years behind him? hmm.

That's been exactly the issue. Flash over substance. Di Maria is a fantastic player but he was never right for that system. He was a flash name signed because they missed out on the biggest flash name James Rodriguez.

This signing is right along those lines IMO. The style Jose wants to play calls for MUCH more activity from the striker than ibra has provided the last couple years or will provide this year. I'm not saying he won't score some goals just that like I said above i think they'd get just as much out of rashford/rooney.

Personally I think rooney has a ton left in the tank and if used correctly could do very very well.

That's been exactly the issue. Flash over substance. Di Maria is a fantastic player but he was never right for that system. He was a flash name signed because they missed out on the biggest flash name James Rodriguez.

This signing is right along those lines IMO. The style Jose wants to play calls for MUCH more activity from the striker than ibra has provided the last couple years or will provide this year. I'm not saying he won't score some goals just that like I said above i think they'd get just as much out of rashford/rooney.

Personally I think rooney has a ton left in the tank and if used correctly could do very very well.

I think Rashford and Rooney would complement ZlatGod if anything, mate. He thrives off being the central player and Rooney is more of a support striker these days. Rashford's pace alongside Ibra would be terrifying.

The thing people forget about Zlatan, because it's easy to do so when he is such an egotistical person, is that he's a good team player. He's also creative. He had 19 assists last season, including 13 in the league and 3 in the CL. 13 league assists here was the 2nd best and the same as Erisken, a dedicated playmaker. I accept that PSG utterly trounced everyone but you get my point. This isn't an anomaly either, he has averaged an assist every four games in his career (149 in just over 628 games). That's remarkable for a centre forward and believe it or not, averages out to slightly more than Rooney (who has 135 assists in 588 games). Funny how one is regarded as the ultimate team player and selfless forward and Ibra's regarded as the opposite. Personalities and personas are just that.

tldr; if he signs for them, I'm going to the United game at Goodison and running on the pitch to touch his face.

I think Rashford and Rooney would complement ZlatGod if anything, mate. He thrives off being the central player and Rooney is more of a support striker these days. Rashford's pace alongside Ibra would be terrifying.

The thing people forget about Zlatan, because it's easy to do so when he is such an egotistical person, is that he's a good team player. He's also creative. He had 19 assists last season, including 13 in the league and 3 in the CL. 13 league assists here was the 2nd best and the same as Erisken, a dedicated playmaker. I accept that PSG utterly trounced everyone but you get my point. This isn't an anomaly either, he has averaged an assist every four games in his career (149 in just over 628 games). That's remarkable for a centre forward and believe it or not, averages out to slightly more than Rooney (who has 135 assists in 588 games). Funny how one is regarded as the ultimate team player and selfless forward and Ibra's regarded as the opposite. Personalities and personas are just that.

tldr; if he signs for them, I'm going to the United game at Goodison and running on the pitch to touch his face.

To be fair I find zlatan incredibly entertaining. I wasnt aware his assist totals were quite at that level. So I stand corrected there.

The issue is can he at 34 do what's required in Jose's defensive style. He did well with him at inter but that was years ago. I will say Jose isn't quite as park the bus as he's made out to be but it's not like ibra in say arsenals style yknow.

Just personal opinion I think the signing is more about name and splash than it is football.

To be fair I find zlatan incredibly entertaining. I wasnt aware his assist totals were quite at that level. So I stand corrected there.

The issue is can he at 34 do what's required in Jose's defensive style. He did well with him at inter but that was years ago. I will say Jose isn't quite as park the bus as he's made out to be but it's not like ibra in say arsenals style yknow.

Just personal opinion I think the signing is more about name and splash than it is football.

We'll see I guess. Age is just a number. Same reason I'd rather have Barry than Wilshire because though Barry is a decade older, he is fit as a fiddle and plays every game. Ibra barely gets injured and isn't playing like a typical 34 year old.

Looking ahead of course I doubt he's got more than a few years left but out of him and the much younger Rooney, he's not the one who looks tired or over the hill.

Jamie Vardy is expected to postpone any decision over whether his future lies at Leicester City or Arsenal until after the European Championship, effectively complying with Roy Hodgson’s desire for club issues not to distract his players during the tournament.

The England manager has been assured by the striker that his focus is fully on the national team, who start their Euro 2016 campaign against Russia in Marseille on Saturday, as Arsenal wait to discover if he will move to the Emirates Stadium. The London club triggered the £20m release clause in his contract on Friday in the optimistic hope they could complete his transfer over the weekend, only for Vardy to ask for more time before deciding on the move.

If the board and AW have got any sense,they'd move swiftly on to the next target, it's Jamie Vardy Not Lewandoski or Ronaldo. Time to move on.

Jamie Vardy is expected to postpone any decision over whether his future lies at Leicester City or Arsenal until after the European Championship, effectively complying with Roy Hodgson’s desire for club issues not to distract his players during the tournament.

The England manager has been assured by the striker that his focus is fully on the national team, who start their Euro 2016 campaign against Russia in Marseille on Saturday, as Arsenal wait to discover if he will move to the Emirates Stadium. The London club triggered the £20m release clause in his contract on Friday in the optimistic hope they could complete his transfer over the weekend, only for Vardy to ask for more time before deciding on the move.

If the board and AW have got any sense,they'd move swiftly on to the next target, it's Jamie Vardy Not Lewandoski or Ronaldo. Time to move on.
Found out you cant get gravy on your chips round London

Could Ibra have the same type of impact as Henrick Larson had at Barça? Taking into account that the Barça team of 2006 was far superior to this Utd team.

Could Ibra have the same type of impact as Henrick Larson had at Barça? Taking into account that the Barça team of 2006 was far superior to this Utd team.

Who knows mate. Anything can happen in football.

But Ibra has been playing at a much higher level these past few years than any forward at United. The bar has been set so low, Joe Hart is probably wishing his crossbar from a few years ago was as close to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back