Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Clubs Transfer Speculation: Summer 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure Vardy is such a good signing for Arsenal, seems a bit bizarre and they notorious for only offering 1 year deals to players over 30.

Mahrez though now that's a different story.

Go ed then statto, tell us why Olivier fkin Giroud would be a better signing than Zlatan?

5 years younger, better link up play, actually moves and creates space for others. 32 year old zlatan it's no contest but this isnt that same player. OG Brings more to the table than just goals

5 years younger, better link up play, actually moves and creates space for others. 32 year old zlatan it's no contest but this isnt that same player. OG Brings more to the table than just goals
You missed off much better looking.

Seriously though, from a football point of view you'd have a point, but imagine going out and signing Zlatan? We'd make millions on shirt printing for starters.

Not sure Vardy is such a good signing for Arsenal, seems a bit bizarre and they notorious for only offering 1 year deals to players over 30.

Mahrez though now that's a different story.
Think they are playing the long game forcing the disruption of a potential good team. If UTD go in for Mahrez and then they sign Vardy for £20m it's a good deal.

I think whilst it's strange it's a easy job for Vardy and Arsene; guaranteed goals and £20m today is what £10m 5 years ago. It's not a lot to a club like Arsenal

He's had one good season.

One.

He's 29.

And a horrible little rat.

This is a world where players like Edinson Cavani and Gonzalo Higuian exist and Arsenal can afford them. Wenger must be going senile.
Arsenal in playing counter attacking footy shocker.

Arsenal in playing counter attacking footy shocker.

Cheers mate. I'm proper thick and didn't know Arsenal liked to counter nor that Vardy thrived playing counter attacking football last season. Thanks for pointing that out.

Still doesn't change anything in my post. He's 29, has had one good season, is a horrible little scrote, etc. Also scored a ludicrous amount of penalties too.

Cheers mate. I'm proper thick and didn't know Arsenal liked to counter nor that Vardy thrived playing counter attacking football last season. Thanks for pointing that out.

Still doesn't change anything in my post. He's 29, has had one good season, is a horrible little scrote, etc. Also scored a ludicrous amount of penalties too.
He won't get double figures in the league next season whoever he's playing for, steptoe looking biff.

Seriously though, from a football point of view you'd have a point, but imagine going out and signing Zlatan? We'd make millions on shirt printing for starters.

i wish more people viewed things from purely a footballing POV tbh rather than having to factor in shirt sales and all that mumbo jumbo.

Lol agreed 100%. He would put the club on the map. Just don't see what he does for united.

That's just my opinion though and preference in football terms. In fact depending on arsenals vardy plan I think giroud would fit perfectly in RKs system.

Lol agreed 100%. He would put the club on the map. Just don't see what he does for united.

That's just my opinion though and preference in football terms. In fact depending on arsenals vardy plan I think giroud would fit perfectly in RKs system.

united's policy since ferguson has left has been total and utter desperation. paid a bit over the odds for fellaini and then after fan discontent they then overpaid by double the amount on juan mata just to get in a "big signing".

Bought a lot of expensive players under van gaal with half of them playing the same positions and then the amount they paid for martial was astonishingly desperate. He looks to be a very very good player for the future, but he shouldn't have been costing anywher near that amount.

and like you say now, they don't need to be raising the profile with a 35 year old ibrahimovic, especially based on the obscene wages they'll be spending on him. Still a class player yes, but what impact will he have on the pitch in the prem with his best years behind him? hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back