Our next manager......

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really doesn’t. Someone who gets Everton. Sounds like we’re stuck in the 1960s expecting a manager to come in who’s always loved the blues. Not gonna happen.

Brighton manage to find managers. Villa found a good one. Need to think outside the UK.

That idiot thelwell needs to know that managers can be recruited from overseas prob at a lower cost as well.

Dyche, Silva, koeman, lampard, Moyes etc.

No imagination whatsoever.
Not having a go like, but aren’t 2 of those 5 from overseas? But yes, Brighton did amazingly finding de ZerbI. Would you say the ability to speak English is important? Bielsa didn’t and Emery struggled at the Arse, ok at Villa now though.

That’s what we’re playing, I’m not sure I’f we had 2 brilliant technical midfielders it would make any difference, as his tactic is to punt it up to the big 6”4 centre forward and feed off scraps.

We have some decent footballers Imo, im sure another manager could get them playing a bit more football, with a plan and some proper coaching.
You are pne of few to say we have good footballers. I saw a team that cant pass last sunday

You are pne of few to say we have good footballers. I saw a team that cant pass last sunday
Not having that , we do have some good footballers.
Every player in all the leagues can pass a football.
It's when they are being taught turgid , rigid tactics designed to keep the score down that they all look useless.
Then it's good old Dyche Hoofball.

Who do you pass to when they’re on the edge of our box and the only option is square or back. Or to McNeil wide, who will also be very deep and facing our goal so it’s back to Myko. And then it’s a punt upfield to a guy on his own surrounded by 2/3 arsenal defenders. There’s no movement, no plan, no full backs overlapping, no runners. No one/twos no triangles.

I find it insane that Potter is sat at home in his pyjamas and this insipid football club that is Everton haven't rang him up. Sean Dyche isn't a 'firefighter' he's just a bad football manager well out of his depth, Championship at the very best. Football has massively moved on from his tactics.

Marcelino leaves Marseille. I mean we aint even getting someone who hasn't been in this league before, but maybe they might be brave sometime.

At what point should we be taking pause when considering new managers who:

- have just recently been sacked by their former clubs for poor performance;
- have been out of a club for a while already.

It's all we seem to have gone for recently..

Yeah I just dont think we will go after a manager with a club at the moment, we got burned badly with the Silva debacle, so I think its free managers only for the time being.

Again, small pond to pick from when they're looking for managers with prem experience.

honestly i wouldnt look at a Marseille sacking as a black mark on anyone, they are like the watford of France, loads of good managers sacked there in recent years, Bielsa, AVB, Sampaoli, now Marcelino, forgetting the two in between but they were decent too

Status
Not open for further replies.