Roast dinners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what though, I gave up smoking beards ago..

I could have smoked a bifter after that scoff today..

Odd isn't it.

The food of kings. I had giant pigs in blankets the other night, Cumberland sausage wrapped in rashers of bacon, served with proper chips, peas and gravy. Sensational.
Yes, yes, and more yes.

Mate.. Get into the butchers, like one which wears an apron and ask him to sort you out for some home made ones.

On the topic of roast/Sunday dinners... Christmas is coming up, the biggest food feast of the year. Yippey.

Turkey
Roast beef
Crispy potatoes, roasted in Olive Oil with garlic, rosemary, thyme and sea salt
Chestnut stuffing
Honey-glazed parsnips, roasted
Rich, beef gravy with red wine and red onions
Carrots / broccoli / cauliflower boiled together
Home-made giant Yorkshire puddings

Ahhh yeah.

tbh olive oil is down there with the Sunderland and Villa's of oil for roasties

foreigners don't do roasties and do do Olive Oil...for a reason

making mayo, drizzled on proper bread prior to grilling etc
But swerve it for roasties

Am I the only one who isn't really a fan of roasts? Sure I will eat them and don't dislike them, but it is never something that I would choose, ask for or look forward to.
I used to be a bit like this when I lived at home and had one every Sunday. Since living away though I hardly ever have them and it's one of the things I look forward to most about visiting my folks.

I used to be a bit like this when I lived at home and had one every Sunday. Since living away though I hardly ever have them and it's one of the things I look forward to most about visiting my folks.
Working at a mining camp, we get all our food put on for us for free. There is a roast every night, but I have never chosen it once. There is also steak cooked to order and I've never had one of those either

tbh olive oil is down there with the Sunderland and Villa's of oil for roasties

foreigners don't do roasties and do do Olive Oil...for a reason

making mayo, drizzled on proper bread prior to grilling etc
But swerve it for roasties
Just didn't wanna use duck fat, tbh.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back