Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Rooney or Sigurðsson?

Rooney or Sigurðsson?

• Rooney

Votes: 61 12.6%
  • Sigurðsson

Votes: 260 53.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 53 10.9%
  • Both

Votes: 112 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine Roms utter fume in the summer when our elaborate, defence opening summer signing is Gylfi.

May as well pack his bags now if this is the second rate garbage people want

Would signing Rooney and Keane be classed as showing ambition ?

rooney yeah, but keane? Not for me, it's that similar sort of level as williams, gueye and bolasie of picking off better players from lower-mid table clubs. We can and have been doing that for years before we even had money. I want us to be getting CL quality players from decent clubs like napoli etc. and making them make that slight step down in order to take us up.

Its not really Rooney's age that bothers me its more the appearances. Rooney has over 550 appearances for club and country and rarely had an offseason. You can be off the pace in the deep lying midfield or at CB however its so much harder as an attacking player unless you are the kind of player who's main weapon is the header. Siggy only has 1/2 as many appearances as rooney. I still don't know how Swans got him back so cheap.

rooney yeah, but keane? Not for me, it's that similar sort of level as williams, gueye and bolasie of picking off better players from lower-mid table clubs. We can and have been doing that for years before we even had money. I want us to be getting CL quality players from decent clubs like napoli etc. and making them make that slight step down in order to take us up.

But we're not realistically going to get 5-7 players all in that category are we? And realistically we're going to have to sign about that many players if we have the expected clear out that's being discussed and also have Europa League to contend with

Before even bringing financial fair play rules into it, we wouldn't have that sort of money to be begin with

For me, it's a case of getting that calibre player in say 3 key areas, and then padding out the other 4 slots with improvements on what we have but not necessarily big names

So Keane on his own isn't a big name that excites, but part of a balanced window he could be a very good signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back