2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren’t many options though .
Howe, Potter and possibly Carsley ? spring to mind .
Realistically Dyche has to be under consideration just by virtue of being a warm body if nothing else 😀
If having an English manager is more important than getting the best out of the available talent then I agree, there isn't anyone attack minded enough. Maybe Howe out of those, but it's tough to get someone who's grafting away at a PL club to go part time
The manager doesn't have to be English though.

If having an English manager is more important than getting the best out of the available talent then I agree, there isn't anyone attack minded enough. Maybe Howe out of those, but it's tough to get someone who's grafting away at a PL club to go part time
The manager doesn't have to be English though.
No , but having tried foreign managers with limited success the general consensus appears to be this is unlikely to reoccur .
Let’s face it they appointed Allardyce, and Southgate was hardly ripping up trees when appointed.
Dyche could well be the conservative appointment that appeals to the F.A.
Southgate smuggled the team into two finals, with a touch of luck they could have robbed a major trophy .
Like for like may appeal more than we think .

No , but having tried foreign managers with limited success the general consensus appears to be this is unlikely to reoccur .
Let’s face it they appointed Allardyce, and Southgate was hardly ripping up trees when appointed.
Southgate smuggled the team into two finals, with a touch of luck they could have robbed a major trophy .

Would actually make England more exciting.

You know what, I don’t think Dyche could have made a worse balls-up of that final than Southgate did, so on that basis they may as well give him a go lol

yea but those were Fabio Capello and Sven G Eriksen...both quite defensive, but when the squad didn't have the same level of attacking talent.
I've a lot of respect for Southgate, especially how he brought the camaraderie and pride back for the players but I can't help thinking he 'smuggled' them to finals when another manager may have smashed his way there with the available squad.
Nearly every player bar Pickford and Guehi play for attacking teams.
Seems like this connection between players themselves and the fans could be wasted if that talent isn't unleashed.
Man for man Spain should not be beating England atm in my opinion

Southgate set up a good togetherness, hopefully it's a springboard

yea but those were Fabio Capello and Sven G Eriksen...both quite defensive, but when the squad didn't have the same level of attacking talent.
I've a lot of respect for Southgate, especially how he brought the camaraderie and pride back for the players but I can't help thinking he 'smuggled' them to finals when another manager may have smashed his way there with the available squad.
Nearly every player bar Pickford and Guehi play for attacking teams.
Seems like this connection between players themselves and the fans could be wasted if that talent isn't unleashed.
Man for man Spain should not be beating England atm in my opinion

Southgate set up a good togetherness, hopefully it's a springboard
Overall you may be right .
I retain zero interest in the national team.
My only interest at this point is whether our manager comes under consideration for the role and the possibility of him accepting if he does.
The future successes or failures of England are of peripheral concern to me .

Overall you may be right .
I retain zero interest in the national team.
My only interest at this point is whether our manager comes under consideration for the role and the possibility of him accepting if he does.
The future successes or failures of England are of peripheral concern to me .
haha I completely misread this discussion!
Personally hope he's not asked or refuses if he is asked. I want to see what Dyche can do in a proper 'noise'less season

Sean on the transfer window:

“Kev has worked really hard all summer" Dyche said. "I've been on the phone constantly about maybes, different situations may arise, can they arise, some we can push forward, some we can't and some we have to watch are they coming for our players.

“There are ongoing situations currently that are maybes. We'll wait and see. We are trying to adapt to the market as best we can and still work within the guidelines of what the situation is at the club. It's been a challenge since I got here, it goes on being a challenge but we've shown we can be very competitive with our signings and mould a team. That remains key.”

“Kev has worked really hard all summer" Dyche said. "I've been on the phone constantly about maybes, different situations may arise, can they arise, some we can push forward, some we can't and some we have to watch are they coming for our players.

“There are ongoing situations currently that are maybes. We'll wait and see. We are trying to adapt to the market as best we can and still work within the guidelines of what the situation is at the club. It's been a challenge since I got here, it goes on being a challenge but we've shown we can be very competitive with our signings and mould a team. That remains key.”
Known unknowns and unknown unknowns it is then.

So much for our New Yank Dawn then ?
Still business as usual for Tinpot F.C. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back