2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Dyche is going to surprise is in the coming years, idk he gets some good players and time to develop. He's clearly said many times that the Burnley style of play was done out of necessity, and though we're not going to get Tiki-taka, total football or a crazy counterpress, I do think he's modern, has got good ideas and wants to play positive football. We just need someone in midfield who can pass better faster and more athletic full backs.

in fact, if I didn't want him to work out here, I do think he's actually the type of manager that we need for England - he could do much better with proper players - he would probably play people in the right position, use good coaching and modern ideas and still maintain that atmosphere of inclusivity and care for the players. I just am in that July to August feeling of extreme optimism and can only see the good in everything at Everton. It lasts until August 18th.

I think Dyche is going to surprise is in the coming years, idk he gets some good players and time to develop. He's clearly said many times that the Burnley style of play was done out of necessity, and though we're not going to get Tiki-taka, total football or a crazy counterpress, I do think he's modern, has got good ideas and wants to play positive football. We just need someone in midfield who can pass better faster and more athletic full backs.

in fact, if I didn't want him to work out here, I do think he's actually the type of manager that we need for England - he could do much better with proper players - he would probably play people in the right position, use good coaching and modern ideas and still maintain that atmosphere of inclusivity and care for the players. I just am in that July to August feeling of extreme optimism and can only see the good in everything at Everton. It lasts until August 18th.
Well, we've actually brought players in before pre-season training which is a straw to grasp at.

Thelwell's broke out the Kerplunk for the rainy summer hols, scalextric is so last summer.

Boot the ball dinosaur.

Completely disagree!

He was at Burnley for about 10 years more than enough time to change the playing personnel to a style he wanted.
I think we wont see anything different this season either, we might improve when we get the second ball from the original hoof to the striker, because hopefully we improve the quality of the players picking up the second ball scraps.

He will still rely on being solid at the back and 'hope' we grab something from a set piece rather than trying to open teams up with with a style of play.
We will concede possession to almost every team in the league home and away therefore constantly defending, this is why he wants our players to be super fit, so they can chase for most of the game.

Our wingers are essentially secondry full backs (they do more defending than attacking) and yet we have a striker DCL who needs our wingers or FBs to get to the byline and whip crosses in for which they are not instructed to do.

I fully expect exactly the same type of football we have seen with Dyche for the last 12-13 years.

Completely disagree!

He was at Burnley for about 10 years more than enough time to change the playing personnel to a style he wanted.
I think we wont see anything different this season either, we might improve when we get the second ball from the original hoof to the striker, because hopefully we improve the quality of the players picking up the second ball scraps.

He will still rely on being solid at the back and 'hope' we grab something from a set piece rather than trying to open teams up with with a style of play.
We will concede possession to almost every team in the league home and away therefore constantly defending, this is why he wants our players to be super fit, so they can chase for most of the game.

Our wingers are essentially secondry full backs (they do more defending than attacking) and yet we have a striker DCL who needs our wingers or FBs to get to the byline and whip crosses in for which they are not instructed to do.

I fully expect exactly the same type of football we have seen with Dyche for the last 12-13 years.

that's a shame. I know I am clouded by optimism, and I know you have to take interviews with a pinch of salt, but I really hoped to see improvements.When I think about it with some objectivity, you could say either 1) it's hard for any manager to blend so many different players together in a single style. But then that's the excuse every manager since Martinez has had - different approaches different coaches. then 2) Where is the 'new manager energy' and impact which you do see in other clubs, when new coaches come in and essentially transform or upgrade the playings style with just a couple of signings.

I dont know where I'm at now, but I do know that even though I like the guy, I was seriously underwhelmed when we got SD, and to go from Ancelotti to Dyche, and even just try and ignore the Brands-Silva model (which SHOULD have been allowed to work) it just seems like I'm hanging on to anything.
Let's take DCL & Wingers. Where does SD think goals are going to come from? So if you're correct, then he doesn't trust Coleman, Patterson or Myko, but we can't sign replacements, but can he now adjust his style to suit the players. Again, to counter my own argument, only Ancelotti in the world maybe is good at that - managing to get the best out of whatever squad he's got.

Reactions: JLW

Well, we've actually brought players in before pre-season training which is a straw to grasp at.

Thelwell's broke out the Kerplunk for the rainy summer hols, scalextric is so last summer.

That's it - all the replies from my post seem to suggest I'm grasping at straws. That's pre-season for ya

that's a shame. I know I am clouded by optimism, and I know you have to take interviews with a pinch of salt, but I really hoped to see improvements.When I think about it with some objectivity, you could say either 1) it's hard for any manager to blend so many different players together in a single style. But then that's the excuse every manager since Martinez has had - different approaches different coaches. then 2) Where is the 'new manager energy' and impact which you do see in other clubs, when new coaches come in and essentially transform or upgrade the playings style with just a couple of signings.

I dont know where I'm at now, but I do know that even though I like the guy, I was seriously underwhelmed when we got SD, and to go from Ancelotti to Dyche, and even just try and ignore the Brands-Silva model (which SHOULD have been allowed to work) it just seems like I'm hanging on to anything.
Let's take DCL & Wingers. Where does SD think goals are going to come from? So if you're correct, then he doesn't trust Coleman, Patterson or Myko, but we can't sign replacements, but can he now adjust his style to suit the players. Again, to counter my own argument, only Ancelotti in the world maybe is good at that - managing to get the best out of whatever squad he's got.
I hope im wrong and we see something different but im expecting the same, drab, hard to beat, a horrid footballing spectacle.

Completely disagree!

Do you seriously think that Dyche or any other manager at Burnley could bring in the players they wanted ?
The reverse is true, they were forced to sell their best players.

Are we that different at the moment?

I hope im wrong and we see something different but im expecting the same, drab, hard to beat, a horrid footballing spectacle.
I suppose we have to put up with it as long he can keep us up.

As i said in my other post the bar has been set even lower at Everton since when Benitez landed on our doorstep.

As i said in my other post the bar has been set even lower at Everton since when Benitez landed on our doorstep.

Just staying up will do fine. That's how low the bar is now.

There's probably going to be more points deductions as well.

We can't have our final season at Goodison being marred by relegation.

It's weird because the same posters that tell us that our squad is stronger after every window that Dyche is here are the very same posters that say that Dyche is working miracles by keeping us in the league because the squad is so bad. They are also the same posters that tell everyone that Dyche would play a better brand of football if only the squad he had available to him was better. It's impressive mental gymnastics.

But, yeah, hoofball low block footie for at least another 12 monthsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back