Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that’s the case.
Think people are pointing out he:
Working with a smaller squad
Net loss with transfers
Reduced wage bill
Better league finish.

Think if you threw in sexy football he would be Chelsea / Utd / England manager now
Weird that he's not, then, and he's never been linked to anyone bigger than us in his entire career. And that he was unemployed for ages before we gave him the contract of his dreams.

Miracle worker, though. Apparently.

Plenty on here want Dyche to be offered a new contract, we have no meaningful ownership, I wouldn't be surprised if he's offered another two or three years just because nobody wants to be in charge of any changes. In the same way Burnley were inextricably linked with Dyche, two or three more years of this dirge and it becomes our identity too.
Sorry, I pressed send, so that wasn't my full answer.

On the contract- tough one. If Moshiri is still in charge near when it ends, what do we do? He's checked out. Trust him and Thelwell? I don't have the answer but there's a dice roll either way.

Sticking with Burnley, they did attract Kompany afterwards. Albeit, the jury is out on him still.

Mentally I'd written this season off as a crap-fest due to all the off-field stuff. I haven't got too much energy to hate on Dyche tbf.

Weird that he's not, then, and he's never been linked to anyone bigger than us in his entire career. And that he was unemployed for ages before we gave him the contract of his dreams.

Miracle worker, though. Apparently.
There’s no sexy football… what’s your point?

There’s no sexy football… what’s your point?
My point is that he's an incredibly limited manager. He will always be that. If you just want to survive in the Premier League then he's fine. If you want to do more than just survive, he's not. Which is why no club that has aspirations beyond 40 points have never, and will never, take a spin on him.

He's not a miracle worker, keeping this club in the top flight isn't a miracle, even with our circumstances, it's the cost of entry.

He's a wasteman

increasing the ignore usage this year… not taking the negativity in musuit case on holidays.
Last year was job done. We can start moaning again mid August

For the record, I think he'll keep us up again this season. I just don't think that's anything to get worked up about.

Who’s getting worked up? He came in at a very bad moment for the club to do a job keeping us up. He did that. He then had to try and move us away from the relegation zone despite points deductions. He did that. Most people seem to be expecting him to move us on this season and try and get us higher up the table. The squad is pretty similar but hopefully we can make a few more additions to strengthen. I don’t see anyone claiming Dyche is going to do anything more than this.

Who’s getting worked up? He came in at a very bad moment for the club to do a job keeping us up. He did that. He then had to try and move us away from the relegation zone despite points deductions. He did that. Most people seem to be expecting him to move us on this season and try and get us higher up the table. The squad is pretty similar but hopefully we can make a few more additions to strengthen. I don’t see anyone claiming Dyche is going to do anything more than this.
Loads of people are already proclaiming that they just hope we'll finish 17th and at least one regular poster has proclaimed, several times, that if we do it will be because Dyche has performed another miracle. It seems you and I are aligned, however, in that we expect progress from last season and if we don't see it then it will be a disappointment. I'm glad that, for once, we are in agreement.

I’ve come around a bit. He will never play the style I want, but he’s committed to a system and we have the spine for it to work. I think (hope) he’s previously leaned on the hoof tactics because we can’t string passes through midfield.

If that’s the case, the moves we are making may give us a glimpse of something better, but it won’t be revolutionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back