2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s amazing.

I think what he achieved last year alone should be enough to give him time.

2 points deductions hanging over the clubs head for most of the season. All the financial uncertainty and the need to sell players/reduce the wage bill dramatically over the last few seasons.

People seem unable to put it all into perspective.

‘Why aren’t we playing like the top 3 teams in the country?’

I must admit i do find that bit staggering. For last season alone i cant think of many Everton managers that had been dealt such a crappy hand. You can pick holes here and there but he got the job done after having the rug kicked from underneath a few times.
This season might be different but we were not even close to being relegated last season when after two points deductions its mad we were not even in the mix.
You've got to acknowledge that surely, even if you dont like him.

Spot on mate.

Any other manager would have turned inward and started bemoaning their luck...and you wouldn't have blamed them too much either.

Dyche threw his shoulders back and told the players they were professional footballers and that challenges like ours were part of being a professional. He exhibited coolness and calmness and the players responded.

There's too many of our fans who love their celebrity managers - managers that just cant take on the task right now at this football club.

We have the right man in our dugout - there's no question about that.

I'm mixed on him Dave, but short term he's exactly what we needed.

If only to finally bin off that inferiority complex about getting results v certain team - and to get rid of the culture of malaise that's infested this club for twenty years - players not giving the effort and downing tools etc. (something they even got away with under ancelotti)

One thing I know is that when we send the team out is they'll bust a gut for the shirt now, and on the rare occasion they don't - they're being no repeat the next week of it.

The longer term hope for me is he gets a few years now stabilises is mid tableish, instills throughout the club that maximum effort is the minimum requirement to pull on the shirt and should he show he can't adapt and push on tactically himself then whoever succeeds can inherit a group of players and a club which has that as s fundamental core of what it is to play for Everton.

Even under Moyes you always had that feeling of it was tolerated to phone in some games from players (any sky 6 game away from Goodison for example) under Dyche that feelings gone

Last edited:
I must admit i do find that bit staggering. For last season alone i cant think of many Everton managers that had been dealt such a crappy hand. You can pick holes here and there but he got the job done after having the rug kicked from underneath a few times.
This season might be different but we were not even close to being relegated last season when after two points deductions its mad we were not even in the mix.
You've got to acknowledge that surely, even if you dont like him.

Was helped by the promoted clubs being utterly woeful - but good God the stuff thrown at the side by the league last year would have seen any other Everton side for years use it as the excuse why they gave up

If only to finally did off that inferiority complex about getting results v certain team - and to get rid of the culture of malaise that's infested this club for twenty years - players not giving the effort and downing tools etc. (something they even got away with under ancelotti)

One thing I know is that when we send the team out is they'll busy a gut for the shirt now, and in the rare occasion they don't - they're being no repeat the next week of it.

The longer term hope for me is he gets a few years now stabilises is mid tableish, instills throughout the club that maximum effort is the minimum requirement to pull on the shirt and should he show he can't adapt and push on tactically himself then whoever succeeds can inherit a group of players and a club which has that as s fundamental core of what it is to play fir Everton.

Even under Moyes you always had that feeling of it was tolerated to phone in some games from players (any sky 6 game away from Goodison for example) under Dyche that feelings gone

superb

Was helped by the promoted clubs being utterly woeful - but good God the stuff thrown at the side by the league last year would have seen any other Everton side for years use it as the excuse why they gave up

Without any deductions 48 points is a mid table finish the previous two seasons. The previous two seasons the team finishing 3rd bottom finished on 34 and 35 points. Still well clear. He shouldnt be getting criticised for finishing 22 points clear of the bottom 3 just because they were poor.

Took on a job that Bielsa turned his nose up at even though he knew he wasn’t first choice. Less than half a season left with difficult fixtures remaining including a nightmare start. One of the poorest squads in the league already behind much stronger relegation rivals like Leicester. Crazy owner, finances in a mess, Gordon sold before he arrived, fans and players clashing.

Takes it all on, doesn’t complain, keeps us up, improves the performance the next season despite two unprecedented points deductions.

The thanks from some fans? ‘HOOF’ ‘why is there such a love in for him’ ‘HOOF’ ‘walk away please you lost a pre-season game’ ‘

He practically saved the club from financial Armageddon but you can’t say that on here because if you do some hysterical shrieking banshee comes along to wail ‘why are you calling him a miracle worker, are you saying he’s better than Guardiola, 5 year contract for Dyche, HOOF’
My god. He's an untouchable god and above criticism, we get it.

If only to finally bin off that inferiority complex about getting results v certain team - and to get rid of the culture of malaise that's infested this club for twenty years - players not giving the effort and downing tools etc. (something they even got away with under ancelotti)

One thing I know is that when we send the team out is they'll bust a gut for the shirt now, and on the rare occasion they don't - they're being no repeat the next week of it.

The longer term hope for me is he gets a few years now stabilises is mid tableish, instills throughout the club that maximum effort is the minimum requirement to pull on the shirt and should he show he can't adapt and push on tactically himself then whoever succeeds can inherit a group of players and a club which has that as s fundamental core of what it is to play for Everton.

Absolutely mate.

Standards have been lifted.

We've been unfortunate with off-field governance, but we eventually stumbled across a manager who was the best fit for us in this period where we faced our ultimate crisis.

Can we do better once stabilised? Yes. However, I wouldn't want to take the stabilisers off this bike for some years to come.

Absolutely mate.

We've been unfortunate with off-field governance, but we eventually stumbled across a manager who was the best fit for us in this period where we faced our ultimate crisis.

Can we do better once stabilised? Yes. However, I wouldn't want to take the stabilisers off this bike for some years to come.

Yup new owner, settling in period for the new owner, then we should look at the direction we need to take, until then I'd stick with the guy who stopped the terminal trajectory we'd been on for years.

Absolutely mate.

Change the club and culture before anymore managerial changes. For years we have used cello tape on wounds, time to stop.

It’s amazing.

I think what he achieved last year alone should be enough to give him time.

2 points deductions hanging over the clubs head for most of the season. All the financial uncertainty and the need to sell players/reduce the wage bill dramatically over the last few seasons.

People seem unable to put it all into perspective.

‘Why aren’t we playing like the top 3 teams in the country?’

Yet these people claim everyone else is crazy for thinking he deserves more time. Major gas lighting and mental gymnastics going on by a lot of posters. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back