2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said yesterday, hes earned his spot currently, lets hope he can kick on from last season, but im not even demanding that, just an issue free season, with no relegation concerns and I will be fairly happy.

Winning a game in August would be super and avoiding 4 month winless streaks, but im realistic that until the ownership is resolved and we move to BM things arent gonna improve much.

Solid at the back, with a sprinkling of goals.

As I said yesterday, hes earned his spot currently, lets hope he can kick on from last season, but im not even demanding that, just an issue free season, with no relegation concerns and I will be fairly happy.

Winning a game in August would be super and avoiding 4 month winless streaks, but im realistic that until the ownership is resolved and we move to BM things arent gonna improve much.

Solid at the back, with a sprinkling of goals.

I'm kind of in the same spot regarding him. Think this season we will be able to judge him properly too as we have had a *decent* window thus far and the squad is beginning to take shape in terms of his profile.

Was helped by the promoted clubs being utterly woeful - but good God the stuff thrown at the side by the league last year would have seen any other Everton side for years use it as the excuse why they gave up
That can't be true. I seem to remember Luton were like a cross between Brazil 1970 & Pep's side weren't they?

No one has said this whatsoever. Saying he’s done a decent job and does not deserve some of the frankly wild and brainless criticism that comes his way is not the same as saying he’s an untouchable god and above criticism. Why can’t you understand that?
I've said he's done a decent job but also believe his hoofball football, that many people also see, is atrocious. What is that not allowed? Does everyone need to follow your lead?

'Saved the club' shouts are utter BS to me. People make out he'd been dealt the hardest hand in world football, inherited a squad worse than Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United.. took over with 10 games to go managed to beat relegation with a 20 point deficit.

For me, for an experienced and really well paid manager, he's done the job expected.

I've said he's done a decent job but also believe his hoofball football, that many people also see, is atrocious. What is that not allowed? Does everyone need to follow your lead?

'Saved the club' shouts are utter BS to me. People make out he'd been dealt the hardest hand in world football, inherited a squad worse than Burnley, Luton and Sheffield United.. took over with 10 games to go managed to beat relegation with a 20 point deficit.

For me, for an experienced and really well paid manager, he's done the job expected.

Follow my lead?! What are you talking about? I said he did a decent job and you jumped on it and said he was an untouchable god and above criticism. No one ever said that.

Anyone can criticise Dyche as much as they want but it’s just turned into making stuff up about those on here who do support him.

As I said before: he’s got no chant from the fans, he’s had one banner in the gwladys at the points deduction, he’s not got any murals on the stadium, no one is calling for a 5 year contract, no one has called him an untouchable god, no one has said he’s above criticism.

As far as I can remember none of this stuff has ever been said, or if it has it’s by a very small minority yet it keeps appearing all the time in posts from those who don’t like Dyche.

If you think he’s done a decent job but don’t like the football then fine, but is that really enough of a motivation to jump on someone else’s post and claim they think he’s an I touchable god that can’t be criticised? I even wrote half a post the other day saying exactly what I thought Dyche did badly and I didn’t like.

The anti Dyche brigade are looking for a binary war that just doesn’t exist. Most people who want him to stay think he’s done a decent job and we might benefit from a season longer and see how it’s going after that. There’s just not the strength of opinion here pro Dyche that you’re trying to make out there is.

As for saving the club. If we’d been relegated the club would have been in the toilet and in a terrible financial mess. He did well to keep us up in what were unfavourable conditions when he first came in. Finishing ahead of those Leicester and Leeds teams was not an easy task. So from that perspective only he saved the club from a very difficult financial situation.

I don’t see anyone going overboard in praise here, apart from his critics inventing stuff that’s just not being said.

Meh, if it gets results then I'm not bothered really

My only issue with Dyche is that he probably is going to favour journeymen over youth, which was what annoyed me the most about Moyes also

If he buys some journeymen who can actually get the job done though, then I'll be satisfied until a better prospect comes along

Still how I feel about it really

Not really bothered about the "style" of football

If he can get us another boring and safe season (which last season would have been without the points deductions) then it's "job done" as far as I'm concerned

I would really like to see him focus on blooding younger players more, and that will probably be the main thing I complain about him for this season, but aside from that if he can just repeat last season and keep us up then I'll be satisfied

This whole forum would be a lot more relaxed if people realised there are different shades to good and bad and not every player/staff member is amazing or total crap 🤣

Dyche did a good job getting us points in a very difficult season last season
I thought at times we played good effective football creating lots of chances (though missing most) but also at other times we played like absolute bin juice

We won games that we didn’t expect to but also went on a run mid season that was unacceptable

I think he’s a 6/10 manager who probably did an 8/10 job last season because of the circumstances

I think where my opinion differs to a lot of others is that I think he’s not beyond evolving his style and getting us to play more exciting football if we get a better squad

That remains to be seen though and if he can’t improve the football and get us to score more goals hopefully he’s let go with a handshake quickly rather than being dragged on with months of terrible football that see him hounded out

Still how I feel about it really

Not really bothered about the "style" of football

If he can get us another boring and safe season (which last season would have been without the points deductions) then it's "job done" as far as I'm concerned

I would really like to see him focus on blooding younger players more, and that will probably be the main thing I complain about him for this season, but aside from that if he can just repeat last season and keep us up then I'll be satisfied

Any lads you reckon are worth a go this season in the first team and good enough to step up? (Over and above any of the young first team signings like Iroegbunam Chermiti etc.) Would be good to deepen the squad with some good young prospects which there could be more of an opportunity to do if we’re not fighting relegation every single week.

Any lads you reckon are worth a go this season in the first team and good enough to step up? (Over and above any of the young first team signings like Iroegbunam Chermiti etc.) Would be good to deepen the squad with some good young prospects which there could be more of an opportunity to do if we’re not fighting relegation every single week.
Would like to see these start the season, yes unknown but better than the tried and untrusted experienced players.

Everything to gain nothing to lose.

In a 38 game season you’d have to get over 18 wins for that not to be the case. So basically any manager in the PL who hasn’t got above 54 points also had that stat. He did pick up a team that had been in a relegation battle, was in another one, lost his best attacker before he even arrived, received two points deductions after staying up and hasn’t really been backed by any meaningful transfer whatsoever. But yeah let’s expect him to go from 36 points to 54 in one season.

Sorry let me rephrase that … didn’t we go nearly 4 months without winning a match?

Nobody else done that … we were also one of the lowest scorers …

Would like to see these start the season, yes unknown but better than the tried and untrusted experienced players.

Everything to gain nothing to lose.

I don’t think Gueye and Garner are untrusted players? They’ve played pretty solidly for us recently. I think Iroegbunam will get a lot of minutes this season, but it wouldn’t be shocking if he’s not starting ahead of those two.

Similarly if Calvert Lewin is staying I think he starts with Chermiti getting more time from the bench than last season and hopefully many more starts as well. Again I don’t think it’s a massive shock if he’s not starting the first game?

Branthwaite is the yardstick though, the most risky position on the pitch (aside goalkeeper) and he got in the team and stayed there ahead of more senior experienced players. So if players are good enough it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back