Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

So what I’ve read on this forum from the pro scouts is:

Big Kev Thelwell did a great job with the hand he was dealt this summer.

We’re not allowed to criticise Dyche because his hands are tied and the squad that the director of football had given him isn’t good enough.

Someone make it make a bit of sense.

We havent had a coach build a side in a long time, and there is no football philosophy the club adhears to like Brighton where replacing coaches with similar styles is seamless. The club has been badly miss managed it's criminal. I'd stay with Dyche cause he hasn't even had all the players back this season from being out injured but for some reason people already want to bin him off cause he only has 1 points in 12. We finally get a striker in the side that plays a full match and we score 2 but now we're weak at the back and full of holes.

Results the past 3 years dictate that he is mate.

It's not a blip - a team who survives by the skin of their teeth for successive seasons is relegation fodder.

He's kept that narrative since day one - but then in the same breath he'll say we didnt do what we need, consider that against what he said after Bournemouth.

Our first 11 is OK to stay up - but the reality of the game dictates we wont see that 11 enough.

If we had McNeil, Harrison and Beto we probably beat Fulham and Wolves.

First 11, fully fit, should be 12-15th IMO.

We've not had that and it's shown.

Lose Beto to a bad injury and then what?
DCL?

Big Kev Thelwell is cooking on gas and did a great job with the hand he was dealt this summer.

We’re not allowed to criticise Dyche because his hands are tied and the squad that the director of football had given him isn’t good enough.

Such a dichotomy, isn't it🤔🤣

Imagine one day having a coach who might feasibly improve some players.
How about the players trying to improve them selves , look at Patterson, about 4-5 awful crosses in to the box then puts a peach of a ball in for the second goal, so we know he can do it but his and the rest need to improve and practice what needs to be improved on

How about the players trying to improve them selves , look at Patterson, about 4-5 awful crosses in to the box then puts a peach of a ball in for the second goal, so we know he can do it but his and the rest need to improve and practice what needs to be improved on
I think he's just lacking confidence and is trying a bit too hard, snatching at things, trying one twos which arent on etc.

Its been bad but I'm convinced there is a player there. It's the coach's job to bring the best out of the players.

I think he's just lacking confidence and is trying a bit too hard, snatching at things, trying one twos which arent on etc.

Its been bad but I'm convinced there is a player there. It's the coach's job to bring the best out of the players.
Wasn't picking on Patterson in particular , you see top players practicing dead balls etc without the coaches being around normally using the youth players how many right backs have we had in the past 30-40 years that couldn't on a regular basis cross a decent ball into the box , look at Iwobi done most of the hard stuff then couldn't get passed the first man in the box, we need the quality of ball in to the box for Beto to improve I thought Garners passing was a bit poor Saturday seeing thats one of his strengths.

Big Kev Thelwell is cooking on gas and did a great job with the hand he was dealt this summer.

Can you not see a scenario were both things can be true?

Thelwell doing a decent job given the financial conditions we are under, but the squad still not being good enough?

I think the squad is good enough to stay in the league if it stays clear of injury to key players like Pickford Tarkowski Beto DCL McNeil etc. There’s also a huge amount that needs to be improved in it but that will take longer than a couple of summer windows.

It also might be worth waiting more than 4 games to judge what Dyche can do with a squad that has only just started to get players he actually wanted in it.

We havent had a coach build a side in a long time, and there is no football philosophy the club adhears to like Brighton where replacing coaches with similar styles is seamless. The club has been badly miss managed it's criminal. I'd stay with Dyche cause he hasn't even had all the players back this season from being out injured but for some reason people already want to bin him off cause he only has 1 points in 12. We finally get a striker in the side that plays a full match and we score 2 but now we're weak at the back and full of holes.
No mate; because he has the worst record since Mike Walker and has won 5 from 23.

And also, the kick and rush football, lack of attacking plan and his awful defensive setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back