Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doucoure has just popped up with a few goals, he's still bloody awful and cannot string a 2 yard pass together.

Mcneil has improved, but he genuinely couldn't get any worse.
Love it that he's either instacontrolling a hoof somehow or a 5 yard pass bounces off his shin (more often this), no inbetween.

Same with shots - volley in the top corner or out of the stadium lol

I know what you mean but it's a weird argument, isn't it? Let's keep this disastrous twerp because his successor will be just as bad. But it makes more sense than those fans who seem to think that the manager and coaching staff are responsible for nothing, that the players are to blame when we look like a disorganised mess on the pitch.
That’s not the only argument though is it? I find it laughable that you can go round all the player threads we have and pretty much to a man they are being slated for not being footballers, not at premier league level, nowhere near good enough. The same people on those threads are also calling out Dyche because he isn’t getting more out of the same bunch, thats a REALLY weird argument if you ask me.

This manager has barely even had a target man fit since he’s been here but still managed to keep this lot in the division. This season he’s had 3 new players fit to play and seen lots moved on without replacement. Beto has been at the club for less than a week, an actual centre forward played in the last game and a half and we haven’t lost.

Yes, he must do better but adult babies jumping up and down, slating the players on one hand while demanding he turns those same players (lots of starting players still injured btw!) into a mid table team is what I’ve come to expect from Evertonians who really should be directing ALL their energy and ire to the 2 weapons grade bells that deserve it most.

This manager has barely even had a target man fit since he’s been here but still managed to keep this lot in the division. This season he’s had 3 new players fit to play and seen lots moved on without replacement. Beto has been at the club for less than a week, an actual centre forward played in the last game and a half and we haven’t lost.
A good manager will adapt to play without a target man grock upfront, just saying. Or adapt his tactics at all, which Dyche doesn't do.

Can you not see a scenario were both things can be true?

Thelwell doing a decent job given the financial conditions we are under, but the squad still not being good enough?

I think the squad is good enough to stay in the league if it stays clear of injury to key players like Pickford Tarkowski Beto DCL McNeil etc. There’s also a huge amount that needs to be improved in it but that will take longer than a couple of summer windows.

It also might be worth waiting more than 4 games to judge what Dyche can do with a squad that has only just started to get players he actually wanted in it.
Come on mate, you've been here long enough to know this won't happen lol

Come on mate, you've been here long enough to know this won't happen lol

Well that’s a bigger problem than anything Dyche does or doesn’t do. We just can’t progress as a football club if our best players can’t get on the grass consistently and already this season we’ve lost points because DCL and McNeil our best two attacking players haven’t been available. We can’t just blindly accept yet another season where our best players miss the majority of the season yet again.

Well that’s a bigger problem than anything Dyche does or doesn’t do. We just can’t progress as a football club if our best players can’t get on the grass consistently and already this season we’ve lost points because DCL and McNeil our best two attacking players haven’t been available. We can’t just blindly accept yet another season where our best players miss the majority of the season yet again.
So Dyche trains the team, team gets crap injuries, it's not on him.

Same logic behind the "DCL doesn't play well cuz he wore a skirt!!1" argument, this.

They were both injured playing football matches so not sure what magic wand fixes that.

They were both injured playing football matches so not sure what magic wand fixes that.

It keeps happening every season though, all teams get injuries yes but most teams are able to have consistent runs of seasons without their best players consistently missing, they might have one bad season but not multiple in a row. Every year we seem to have huge problems getting our best players on the pitch. Happened under Koeman, happened under Silva, happened under Ancelotti, happened under Lampard and it’s happened under Dyche. A team outside of the top 6 or 7 is not going to win many games when it’s continuously without its best attacking players or key defenders.

Agree with u fully for me is an area we must improve on would have liked a real lb to come
Im amd help support the winger infront. Both sides even tho patterson got an assist the last game we must get better. Also he has to be on the left thought looked loat on the right the other day

It keeps happening every season though, all teams get injuries yes but most teams are able to have consistent runs of seasons without their best players consistently missing, they might have one bad season but not multiple in a row. Every year we seem to have huge problems getting our best players on the pitch. Happened under Koeman, happened under Silva, happened under Ancelotti, happened under Lampard and it’s happened under Dyche. A team outside of the top 6 or 7 is not going to win many games when it’s continuously without its best attacking players or key defenders.

I think all teams get injuries but people are only bothered by their own team.

Would help if we didn’t buy injury prone players - Mina and Gomes were injured when we signed them.. or replaced the perma crocks like Lewin.

That’s not the only argument though is it? I find it laughable that you can go round all the player threads we have and pretty much to a man they are being slated for not being footballers, not at premier league level, nowhere near good enough. The same people on those threads are also calling out Dyche because he isn’t getting more out of the same bunch, thats a REALLY weird argument if you ask me.

Yes, he must do better but adult babies jumping up and down, slating the players on one hand while demanding he turns those same players (lots of starting players still injured btw!) into a mid table team is what I’ve come to expect from Evertonians who really should be directing ALL their energy and ire to the 2 weapons grade bells that deserve it most.
Lots of weird arguments around, I agree, and many posters flailing around blaming everyone in sight. My view is that the board issue will be resolved one way or another and there's nothing we can do to affect it. They're driving the club into the ground but they're not responsible for the specifics of what we see on the pitch every week. Dyche and the coaching staff are. There's no way we have the players to be a mid table club but he should be capable of putting out a side where individual players understand their roles, their strengths and limitations. I don't think he does that, especially in defence. That's all. If we put in a different type of performance against Arsenal, Brentford and Luton then I am happy to change my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back