Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be real though - there's no such thing as an 'easy' game for Everton in 2023.

Since Dyche has come in we've won & lost games we had no right to 'on paper' but they happened anyway..
That’s called football. And we may beat Arsenal next game, but id rather be playing Fulham or wolves again

Maybe the board will look at the situation and think, what would Everton do? Then they’ll sack Dyche with a big pay off and spend three weeks failing to attract anyone else, before rehiring him on a bigger salary.

Not if the players can’t play possession based football. He also has shown adaptability when he had an actual front man available (brighton away?). Can you honestly say the team would of been able to play in that manner with a 5ft goblin who would lose a sprint against Andre Gomes?
I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen this lot concede the entire midfield to the opposition. 99.9% of football managers are sacked eventually so the ”Dyche out” punters will get their wish
Can you believe it but there's more football styles and footballers than either 1) HOOF IT FORWARD or 2) tiki-taka?

Unreal, the copium.

Okay then lads tell you what Sean Dyche is the GOAT manager and the best of all time, only let down because he's not got his own team yet.

Can you believe it but there's more football styles and footballers than either 1) HOOF IT FORWARD or 2) tiki-taka?

Unreal, the copium.

Okay then lads tell you what Sean Dyche is the GOAT manager and the best of all time, only let down because he's not got his own team yet.
The fact he played hoofball against the team bottom of the 4th division, says it all and he will never ever change.

I don’t care that we may not have the best footballers in the premier league, but these players should be able to dominate v Doncaster

The fact he played hoofball against the team bottom of the 4th division, says it all and he will never ever change.

I don’t care that we may not have the best footballers in the premier league, but these players should be able to dominate v Doncaster
We do not play hoofball under Dyche at all.

I don't really get where people are getting this from. (actually I do, its a sterotyped assumption)

We are playing the same way we have under countless managers now, pass it around a bit, lose possession and hope to score from a counter attack or bit of magic.

Problem is other than Coleman he has all his defenders and currently his preferred centre midfielders.

Yet we're still shipping goals just as we were with different defenders (until they were let go) last season.
Yep, this is my worry. We are missing some key guys through injury right now, but most of the ones we're talking about are attacking players. Is just getting Coleman back enough to stop us from giving up 2 goals every game?

If you're reading this Sean and im sure you arent, but if you really want to keep your job, play this side, you are welcome.

Pickford
Coleman - Tarks - Brans - Young
Onana - Garner
Harrison - Dele - McNeil
Beto​
This is very much the side I hope we end up with eventually, though given the displays by Young so far, I'd be willing to give Myko another chance.

But how long will it take us to get to that lineup? October? Maybe even November+? By the time we get there, we could already be hanging on by a thread in the table if things continue on the way they've done so far this season.

I don't really get where people are getting this from. (actually I do, its a sterotyped assumption)

We are playing the same way we have under countless managers now, pass it around a bit, lose possession and hope to score from a counter attack or bit of magic.

We absolutely did hoof the ball long at every opportunity in the first half v Doncaster, was maddening.

We did it vs. Doncaster, we did it last season from the start against most teams, we did it when Doucoure was out - it was hilarious watching us lump hoof after hoof for Neal "10 foot tall" Maupay of all people. Fave moment was Iwobi receiving it out wide around the halfway line and dinking a long ball for Maupay for about 20 minutes lol was great, our/his pass% was surprisingly low that day too for some reason. Not even a slight aimed at him, it was clearly the way we "set up" to play too.

We're playing much more direct than with other managers but Seanny boy has favourites that HAVE to play who are also coincidentally absolute donkeys like Doucoure, because you know he runs around a bit lol

Said it before and I'll do so again - the second Doucoure is injured/out for some reason we're 100% resorting to bypassing the midfield even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back