Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good manager will adapt to play without a target man grock upfront, just saying. Or adapt his tactics at all, which Dyche doesn't do.
Not if the players can’t play possession based football. He also has shown adaptability when he had an actual front man available (brighton away?). Can you honestly say the team would of been able to play in that manner with a 5ft goblin who would lose a sprint against Andre Gomes?
I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve seen this lot concede the entire midfield to the opposition. 99.9% of football managers are sacked eventually so the ”Dyche out” punters will get their wish

I think all teams get injuries but people are only bothered by their own team.

Would help if we didn’t buy injury prone players - Mina and Gomes were injured when we signed them.. or replaced the perma crocks like Lewin.
People still peddling that myth that we suffer more injuries than other teams are they?

injury.webp

People still peddling that myth that we suffer more injuries than other teams are they?

View attachment 226019
that’s a bit of a rubbish stat really. As Chelsea’s squad is huge compared to ours. And could be 30 one day injuries. Or could be 5/6 long term injuries with numerous others which would impact us more.

The number of days or matches missed in total is more reflective of the injury issues.

That could be miss leading , we may miss more of our key players , if we only have 4 or 5 and we miss 3-4 for long periods it affects a team more than a team that only loses squad players
Well when a side like City lose KDB, they have Foden or Silva to step in, but thats to do with squad building.

We suffer an average amount of injuries.

Are we unlucky? I dont know, remember our only Cup Final since Jesus was a boy we suffered an injury 1 after each other to Arteta, Jags and then Yakubu, Big Nev having to miss the Cup Final and Mimms doing his best Ghost impression.

But I dont generally pay attention to other teams that much, so no idea if its an Everton thing.

Problem is other than Coleman he has all his defenders and currently his preferred centre midfielders.

Yet we're still shipping goals just as we were with different defenders (until they were let go) last season.
As I do like to get in most posts regarding him, we should have sacked him in May.

But hes here now, its horrific, but we have to give him a fair crack, hes only just got a Striker in, the boy Harrison, so I am more than willing to see if these and other additions can make an impact.

Hes left short in midfield for sure, so im willing to give him some leeway, before I said regardless of other results, but a good result before these games would give him a buffer, but im really demanding 6 points from Luton and Bournemouth.

Thats my line in the sand, currently.

If you're reading this Sean and im sure you arent, but if you really want to keep your job, play this side, you are welcome.

Pickford
Coleman - Tarks - Brans - Young
Onana - Garner
Harrison - Dele - McNeil
Beto​

If you're reading this Sean and im sure you arent, but if you really want to keep your job, play this side, you are welcome.

Pickford
Coleman - Tarks - Brans - Young
Onana - Garner
Harrison - Dele Doucoure - McNeil
Beto​
I'm pretty sure that will be his starting lineup if they are all fit. Whether his tactics will be good enough to win games is another problem altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back