2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_6158.webp

Not just yet fellas.
Not just yet.

Fella you did the same with benitez. Its really boring.
Im just gona enjoy a home win at Goodison as its as rare as rocking horse sh!t.
You crack on.

Backing Everton managers?

You couldn’t have put it better, for some parts of this forum doing exactly that is boring.

We’re in a position where there looks as though there’s three or four very weak teams in the league and our manager (who kept us up last season by outperforming our relegation rivals) looks to be putting a rocky start behind us with a few wins in the past few games, the team is starting to score goals, new players bedding in, and instead of allowing this manager the time to work on improving the team, fixing problems, and seeing us to a better campaign, the same old lot on here would rather just whinge about the manager and intimate they’d rather he went,

You couldn’t have put it better, for some parts of this forum doing exactly that is boring.

We’re in a position where there looks as though there’s three or four very weak teams in the league and our manager (who kept us up last season by outperforming our relegation rivals) looks to be putting a rocky start behind us with a few wins in the past few games, the team is starting to score goals, new players bedding in, and instead of allowing this manager the time to work on improving the team, fixing problems, and seeing us to a better campaign, the same old lot on here would rather just whinge about the manager and intimate they’d rather he went,

How is our rocky start behind us when just a week ago we got turned over at home to Luton???

Are we collectively forgetting just how terrible we were 12 months ago? Are we better, I think so, not by a great deal admittedly, but definitely better. The club is a basket case, the squad needs rebuilding, we haven't got any money and there is uncertainty everywhere. What more could anyone do at this point?
Personally I think we are a great deal better. I mean for the love of god we’ve have 40+ shots in our last 2 games or something mad like that.

Are we very good now? No, of course not. But people are too quick to hound Dyche when we’ve just watched potentially 2 of Everton’s worst ever managers, in a row no less, with Benitez and Lampard.

For me as an Everton fan I think this is some of the best football we’ve played in the past 10 years, quite easily. Under Moshiri we’ve almost always been consistently a team where the manager is worse than the players, the only exception being Ancelotti obviously. Recently in the last few years what has happened is instead of the manager raising his level to match that of the squad, it’s gone the opposite where the squad is worsened to the manager.

Benitez and Lampard manufactured squads as bad as they are, Dyche in less than a year is not only a much better manager than the squad he inherited, he’s also significantly raised the level of the squad up to his standards, with signings or else through work on the training pitch.

I don’t think Dyche is perfect and if we were more comfortable in terms of relegation then I’d prefer us to be going for someone like Potter 100% but so far he’s done exceptionally well with not at lot at Everton and he’ll almost certainly have us anywhere from 12th to 17th this year.

Personally I think we are a great deal better. I mean for the love of god we’ve have 40+ shots in our last 2 games or something mad like that.

Are we very good now? No, of course not. But people are too quick to hound Dyche when we’ve just watched potentially 2 of Everton’s worst ever managers, in a row no less, with Benitez and Lampard.

For me as an Everton fan I think this is some of the best football we’ve played in the past 10 years, quite easily. Under Moshiri we’ve almost always been consistently a team where the manager is worse than the players, the only exception being Ancelotti obviously. Recently in the last few years what has happened is instead of the manager raising his level to match that of the squad, it’s gone the opposite where the squad is worsened to the manager.

Benitez and Lampard manufactured squads as bad as they are, Dyche in less than a year is not only a much better manager than the squad he inherited, he’s also significantly raised the level of the squad up to his standards, with signings or else through work on the training pitch.

I don’t think Dyche is perfect and if we were more comfortable in terms of relegation then I’d prefer us to be going for someone like Potter 100% but so far he’s done exceptionally well with not at lot at Everton and he’ll almost certainly have us anywhere from 12th to 17th this year.
Curry and a pint tonight Sean?

God bless.

True and Emery got turned over by us… what’s your point?

3 wins in 4 games is shocking sack the manager. Certain sections of our fan base sound like West Ham fans last season.

Thankfully I look at the bigger picture and am not so reactionary. One win at home to winless Bournemouth does not excuse and erase last weekend. Or the Sheff Utd game. Or the Wolves game. Or getting slapped 4-0 by Villa.

If it has for you, you're very easily pleased.

I think it may be that something is missing in their lives. I think if they were Man City fans they would be calling for Pep to be sacked. As they have lost to wolves and Newcastle this year

Gonna take a lot to make me forget that Luton game.

But we go into the International break happier than the last.

Massively needed that win because it might take us another couple of months to double our points Total before the turn of the year.

We had such a lovely opening start to the season we really should have taken advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back