2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must just be a coincidence that 3 of the worst seasons in our history and never ending relegation battles have happened under the appointments of 3 of the worst managers in out history. The Spanish waiter was abysmal and it could be argued that his inner kopite even deliberately tried to do as much damage to the club as possible. Then Lampard who was a 'nice bloke' but didn't have a jar of glue about anything and then this fella who has spent almost his entire managerial career as a bottom feeder.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Dyche will continue to play the likes of Young and Keane ahead of younger players until it costs him his job, unfortunately it will probably cost us our place in the premier league. The ginger David Brent is one stubborn man.
He's already proven you wrong on this but regularly playing younger players.

Some try hards in here trying desperately to pin everything on Dyche.

How low we have fallen when scraping through by the skin of our teeth is seen as realistic and acceptable. Sorry mate but barely scraping through a season is absolutely disgraceful and will never be acceptable to me. Most decent managers would be able to to get this team to mid table in a season and even though that is still not acceptable, it would be realistic and expected.

So sad to be a blue now.

I think the point he is making is sacking managers every season is a dangerous game to play. If Dyche was sacked now who would be in charge of appointing a successor? There’s a leadership vacuum at the top of the club. There’s no money to pay off a sacked manager and there’s no money to buy in a load of new players for a new manager. There might come a point where there’s no other option but to sack him but I don’t think we’re quite there yet.

Must just be a coincidence that 3 of the worst seasons in our history and never ending relegation battles have happened under the appointments of 3 of the worst managers in out history. The Spanish waiter was abysmal and it could be argued that his inner kopite even deliberately tried to do as much damage to the club as possible. Then Lampard who was a 'nice bloke' but didn't have a jar of glue about anything and then this fella who has spent almost his entire managerial career as a bottom feeder.

Garbage in, garbage out.
Pure subjective framing there. You could just as plausibly say every new manager has inherited a progressively weakened and dysfunctional squad and club hierarchy.

To pin the underperformance on the managers is really disingenuous.

Pure subjective framing there. You could just as plausibly say every new manager has inherited a progressively weakened and dysfunctional squad and club hierarchy.

To pin the underperformance on the managers is really disingenuous.
I think the point he is making is sacking managers every season is a dangerous game to play. If Dyche was sacked now who would be in charge of appointing a successor? There’s a leadership vacuum at the top of the club. There’s no money to pay off a sacked manager and there’s no money to buy in a load of new players for a new manager. There might come a point where there’s no other option but to sack him but I don’t think we’re quite there yet.
I like your enthusiasm lads but the sad truth is that no matter how you look at it, the Spanish waiter, Lampard and Dyche are all absolutely terrible managers and that is why we are were we are. The helmets who put them there are of course even worse and the entire club is goosed but most competent managers would be able to get better results than these three stooges have got. They have been absolutely awful.

I find it hard to agree with anyone giving Dyche stick for yesterdays pantomime.
I was happy when I saw the team sheet (albeit would have had Patterson starting) and liked how he set the side up to be fair to him.
We were weathing the expected storm easily and managed to silence the ground, all I can ask for in an away Derby.
We had attacking options on the pitch and on the bench to grab a late winner too.
The big mistake was not subbing Young when he picked up the yellow, it was a no brainer for me.
When we inevitably went down to 10 the game was lost, even then it should have become a 10 v 10 but that'll never happen at the pit as we all know too well.
I honestly can't see how Dyche could have played yesterday differently, we looked a good match for them had the officials not killed the game dead in very unfair circumstances.

Hang on, what? It’s the land of milk and honey now? Because you’ve spent the past god knows how many years saying you don’t care which division we make up the numbers in and the Premier League is a corrupt farce that you’d prefer not to be part of anyway.
Why now suddenly are you happy to scrape 17th every year to stay in a league that you clearly hate being a part of?

It may have escaped your notice but I do not own Everton Football Club therefore my opinion on the Premier League is irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

You've done nothing but moan and cry for the last 2 seasons about relegation, demanding a manager who keeps us up as relegation would "kill us" in your words.

We have one in the dugout but suddenly thats not enough for you ?

I get you're still hurting deeply from "Sooper Frank" getting the boot but he's gone - move on.

Mate!! We have got Pulis in the dugout! We have a younger version of him.

This football club, one of the giants of the English game should never ever be happy to have someone like Dyche at the club.
I suppose thats the Kenwright effect though.

Keeping us in this league this season should be possible for me and you to do due to the garbage thats in it, lets not be fooled by Dyche keeping us in this league as an achievement. An acheivement would be to pull us far away from danger, anything less and he is doing the same as the managers we have previously fired.

Whilst I agree with you mate - until a multi billionaire with ambition or a Shiekh or Sultan buys the club we're no more than a sleeping giant stuck in midtable.

At present we're even worse than that - an owner who wants gone with the interested party a gang of crooks with no dough.

With that considered - Dyche is the best out there for now. Pulis, Rooney, Javi Gracia, Jesse Marsch - they're the types of managers that would be in line to replace him.

I understand why he made the subs the rs was looking to go out wide every time and he tried to stop that. Even with the late subs i would rather get beat 2-0 with him trying to make attqcking subs. Have called him out alot but was happy with him and the team, is still clear we need better players in the squad

Whilst I agree with you mate - until a multi billionaire with ambition or a Shiekh or Sultan buys the club we're no more than a sleeping giant stuck in midtable.

At present we're even worse than that - an owner who wants gone with the interested party a gang of crooks with no dough.

With that considered - Dyche is the best out there for now. Pulis, Rooney, Javi Gracia, Jesse Marsch - they're the types of managers that would be in line to replace him.

Pulis hasn’t managed a club of any kind since 2020 and hasn’t managed in the Premier League for 7 years, why do you keep bringing his name up?

I feel if we lose again next week at West Ham then it is really hard to make a case for keeping him.

2 wins, 7 defeats and 1 draw out of 10 games is absolutely abysmal. He should 100% be under scrutiny with such an appalling record.

We are basically 12 months on from Lampard pre-world cup and still equally as bad. He was brought in to improve us, those stats say he hasn’t.

Tbh I don’t know where I stand on dyche.

I think it’s apparent on how low our expectations have become that people think he’s doing a good job. I’m guilty of it as well and any win he gets feels like he is over performing - when in reality the squad has enough now I’d say to be comfortably clear of the bottom three and better XG or not you, just can’t be turned over by a side like Luton and then add in Fulham and wolves at home.

The style of play lurches from the absurd like yesterday when we can barely string any passes together, constantly get caught short on the break and our only attacking threat comes from long free kick diagonals…to Brentford and Brighton away games where we press well, counter attack quickly and look like a half decent side.

He’s clearly not going anywhere soon so I hope we start picking up some more points and that injuries don’t come to bite us as I think we will really struggle if they do.

He's already proven you wrong on this but regularly playing younger players.

Some try hards in here trying desperately to pin everything on Dyche.
Why did Keen come on at half-time ? Why did Ashley Young start v a very fast winger when we had Patterson ? Who held him at bay in the 2nd half ?

Why take our outlet wingers off / surely replacing DCL & using them to cram the midfield was the answer - not to fall deep as we did with slow coach Keen with windmill arms - our central defence was doing just fine - our left back was too so let's sub him .....

Sorry, but his Burnley tactics got him the sack over these sorts of line-ups & tactics - he plays his favourites - end of -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back