Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think is a mix of both we do have some good plays but then we cant find the right pass. We really need something if the middle that could help us use the ball better. Was never going to be a full change this season but i do hope we can start to look up
Finding the right pass is made so much easier by players moving into spaces and making those runs.
I don't know if dyche is just so rigid in his formation tactical demands that it doesn't allow for it, or the preference of players to look for the glory through pass or hoofing it, or if its a vicious circle of players lacking the belief in their fellow teammates to not lose it and hence get caught out of position.

The moans and groans with Dyche appear to be for tweaks here and there so therefore he's doing a lot right.
He's no world beater but he's steadied the ship and despite the fact like many I wasn't wanting him here, he's proving that he's probably the best man for the position we find ourselves in these days both on and off the pitch.
He's galvanised and improved the team and I for one am enjoying my weekends better these days and looking upwards in the table instead of down.

There are no surprises from Dyche. He has them drilled and everything i see right now is exactly what i expected from him. Including the points tally. 11 points from 33 isnt fantastic given the fixture lists we've had but we've also picked up points from games that looked tougher than ones we've dropped points in. its a blessing this season that there are some real crap teams down there with us as i can see us going along grafting out enough points. I hope nobody around us improve as i think we have one level of playing and digging out points here and there. He can be frustrating at times like yesterday. I'm the first person to appreciate that the bench he had to work with yesterday was so lacking in comparison to Brightons. But i thought he could have closed that game down yesterday with substitutions. If you're going to makes subs on 90 mins why not 80 mins still at 1-0 and throw on fresh legged defenders to close the game down. He often seems quite happy to run those already on into the ground when its clear some are completely out of gas.
Dyche is the very Dyche i thought we'd get. But possibly what we need at this time. I hope.

Got the set up spot on and frustrated them most of the game and was unlucky with the goal. Agree that he should have got fresh legs on but say he cost us two points when his game plan was working makes no sense. Will be a time we have a better squad to work with and he must start using it
Every single person in that stadium yesterday was shouting get some fresh legs on and he never, young was getting rinsed all game by mitoma, not taking him off cost us the win, wholly down to dyche

Finding the right pass is made so much easier by players moving into spaces and making those runs.
I don't know if dyche is just so rigid in his formation tactical demands that it doesn't allow for it, or the preference of players to look for the glory through pass or hoofing it, or if its a vicious circle of players lacking the belief in their fellow teammates to not lose it and hence get caught out of position.
Think it is down to quality aswell doucoure does it so much in the game. Do agree what you have said he does keep the team with demands how they set up without the ball sticking to the job. I still think we lack that player atm, when we need to calm the game down and keep hold of the ball and help the team pass it around. I do agree will be a time us fans will want see more from the team just for me i am happier to see this team have more fight

There are plenty of reasons why most Evertonians get frustrated with Dyche which is why he won’t be our long term solution.
Although I think he is right for us now in the current circumstances and IMO changing managers now is the last thing we need.

I think we’re going to have more days like yesterday over the course of the season. Compare it to the Wolves game last season under Lampard where the crowd agitated the team to go for it and we ended up conceding again.

You knew Brighton were always going to move the ball around the back. I thought for the most part we held our shape well and didn’t get suckered in to having someone break rank to try and press when the press wasn’t on (Iwobi).

Dyche teams always concede a lot of possession but we have to be better at retaining the ball, especially in the latter stages of games when we have something to hold on to. Is it me or are our full backs being asked to tuck in? The space afforded to Mitoma has been given to plenty of other opposition wide players since Dyche has been here

Every single person in that stadium yesterday was shouting get some fresh legs on and he never, young was getting rinsed all game by mitoma, not taking him off cost us the win, wholly down to dyche
I went yesterday and whatever he did would have been a risk. Patterson at rb or rm can say yeah we need fresh legs but has shown games is a risk with him positionally. Danjuma does not put in a shift defensively aswell, just dont think he trusts alot of this squad. I 100% agree that we must start using the bench 5 subs has shown it can change a game. I dont think dyche cost us the win at all yes i would have liked a sub but also does not mean it would have made us see the game 1-0 up.

If I'm Patterson watching a 38 year old in my position looking like he's running in treacle after an hour, but still only come on at the very end of the game, my confidence would be shot.
It's down to dyche and the coaching staff to improve on the elements of his game. He's very much a confidence player and he looks scared at the moment.
He'll make mistakes for sure, but so does young and likewise coleman was riddled with them over the last few years.
If you are to get another 20% improvement down the right side (with a left footed Harrison) then you have to have a full back who creates the overlap.
Garner, Harrison and Patterson should have the ability to create some good patterns of play down that side.
This for me is where dyche gets properly judged at having adapted to a more modern style.

And to be fair, bar guardiola, klopp, emery, howe and the spurs guy (can't spell him), every other teams Forums are probably littered with negative discussions about their managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back