2023/24 Sean Dyche

Graham Potter turned down the Lyon job, I’m convinced he’s smelling blood in the water at Goodison.

I think he wants to replace Dyche this season.
As if GP is desperately waiting for a call from Blue Bill to come to a rudderless football club that sacks managers annually and currently looks to be circling the drain yet again.

He's an intelligent guy who has smartly plotted his course from Sweden FC to one of the top jobs in Europe. He's got credit in the bank but his next choice needs to be an astute one, not us. GP likes time to mould his team but he wouldn't get that, and he does his best work with an infrastructure around him which we don't have.

He probably rejected Lyon because he doesn't fancy the French league, not because it's his dream to coach Keane and Godfrey. He's knows once winter comes around and most clubs in the bottom half get twitchy, the calls will come in from many more stable and attractive gigs than our clownshow.

Be interesting to see if we’re still talking hard luck stories in 5 games time. Also interesting to note that we only survived and therefore he only kept his job last season because of another team’s goalkeeper making a save in a game we weren’t involved in. How’s your luck Sean.
The role of 'luck' in our still being a Prem team should not be underestimated. It was as important as any "masterclass" in tactics or coaching. It was luck Coleman scored a total fluke against Leeds that you wont see happen again in a thousands goes. It was luck 47 year old Vardy clipped the bar instead of putting it two inches lower in the Leics game, after racing beyond Keane like prime Linford Christie. It was luck Madison didn't put the ball absolutely anywhere else with his penalty.

Dyche will still be talking about not getting the rub of the green and "remember, this was all a problem before I got here" in 15 games time if it helps keep him in his job, make no mistake about that.

The role of 'luck' in our still being a Prem team should not be underestimated. It was as important as any "masterclass" in tactics or coaching. It was luck Coleman scored a total fluke against Leeds that you wont see happen again in a thousands goes. It was luck 47 year old Vardy clipped the bar instead of putting it two inches lower in the Leics game, after racing beyond Keane like prime Linford Christie. It was luck Madison didn't put the ball absolutely anywhere else with his penalty.

Dyche will still be talking about not getting the rub of the green and "remember, this was all a problem before I got here" in 15 games time if it helps keep him in his job, make no mistake about that.
And it was luck everytime we didn't get a penalty that we should have had and everytime an opposition player should have seen red but didn't and luck everytime we hit the woodwork and every time a VAR decision went against us. It works both ways and it's a ridiculous conversation to have that gets you absolutely nowhere.

Thank you for taking my mantle of most miserable, doom mongering curmudgeon ever to cross into GP.

As if GP is desperately waiting for a call from Blue Bill to come to a rudderless football club that sacks managers annually and currently looks to be circling the drain yet again.

He's an intelligent guy who has smartly plotted his course from Sweden FC to one of the top jobs in Europe. He's got credit in the bank but his next choice needs to be an astute one, not us. GP likes time to mould his team but he wouldn't get that, and he does his best work with an infrastructure around him which we don't have.

He probably rejected Lyon because he doesn't fancy the French league, not because it's his dream to coach Keane and Godfrey. He's knows once winter comes around and most clubs in the bottom half get twitchy, the calls will come in from many more stable and attractive gigs than our clownshow.
I agree 100%. We would all like the best coaches in world to join us, but I would question the sanity or motives if they actually came.
We are a no-win club. You take us to mid table no one would be grateful, despite it being a great job.
Dyche is here. Apart from that villa game I actually think we have something to build on from most games. Having a striking option for the first time too.
Let’s see how it goes

Experimental Everton team

—————-Pickford —————

Garner—Tarkowski—Branthwaite- McNeil

—————-Onana——————-

Harrison———————————Danjuma

—————-Dele———————-

————-Beto——-DCL——————

I agree 100%. We would all like the best coaches in world to join us, but I would question the sanity or motives if they actually came.
We are a no-win club. You take us to mid table no one would be grateful, despite it being a great job.
Dyche is here. Apart from that villa game I actually think we have something to build on from most games. Having a striking option for the first time too.
Let’s see how it goes
I'm dunno about the grateful bit for mid-table: we're now a club where 17th is success; from the ownership to the boardroom to the coaching staff to the fans that run on the pitch in celebration of it.

A decade ago 7th/8th could have been another year of stagnation or glass ceiling, now it's a pipe dream. Any manager taking this side to a mid-table finish would have a stand named after him (or at least a chippy in Wavertree).

Bottom line is, subject to a run of defeats, Dyche isn't getting sacked. Not with 34 games to go and 102 points available, when we'll probably only need a third of those. If we're bottom 3 come January, he's gone. If we're not, it's "job done so far" for another season. That is the only ambition at EFC these days.