2023/24 Sean Dyche

Good morning lads. It brings me absolute joy that some of you couldn’t fully enjoy an Everton win this weekend as Dyche is the manager and you, with all your infinite football knowledge, had wrote him off.

He’s not for you lad is he. You’d seen it from early on. He’s tactically inept lad, he should listen more to you shouting from the stand in your minty Wranglers and Adidas toffee soles. How did your acca do lad? You must win it every week you galaxy brained anti Everton tragedy.

Have a nice Monday everyone, up the toffees.

Good morning lads. It brings me absolute joy that some of you couldn’t fully enjoy an Everton win this weekend as Dyche is the manager and you, with all your infinite football knowledge, had wrote him off.

He’s not for you lad is he. You’d seen it from early on. He’s tactically inept lad, he should listen more to you shouting from the stand in your minty Wranglers and Adidas toffee soles. How did your acca do lad? You must win it every week you galaxy brained anti Everton tragedy.

We'll see how that infinite knowledge of yours reacts when we get smashed by Liverpool.

I remain undecided about Dyche.

I want him to do well and will be happy if he does.

If he persists with some odd selections and fails to get the best out of the squad, happy to see him booted also.

Morning mate.
That you up for the day?
Or comfort break.....

I remain undecided about Dyche.

I want him to do well and will be happy if he does.

If he persists with some odd selections and fails to get the best out of the squad, happy to see him booted also.

This can be said about almost all managers, at least the ones we've had anyhow! Baffling decisions that at least 70% of Goodison know to be wrong, it's like their brain goes to jelly under the pressure.

Suppose it is human nature to have favourites and shoehorn them in anywhere they can.

Said it in the Midfield thread, the not playing Garner centrally and having to include Onana and Gueye is very Moyes. A few times Moyes stumbled on his best teams after reluctantly changing things up out of necessity.

Think Lescott at left back over Baines because Moyes was worried about aerial threats. Or Arteta wide because he thought he wasn't 'ready' to play centrally.

Rigidity and stubbornness.

Incredibly harsh on Moyes. Lescott was brilliant at left back and Baines benefited from being able to bed in slowly - a luxury none of our new signings these days usually get.

Also worth pointing out Arteta was brilliant playing inside right winning consecutive player of the year awards. When he did struggle for form in that area, Moyes did move him inside.
There was one season, possibly 08/09, when he was forced to move Arteta inside because of injuries and lack of options in that area. Then we rocketed up the table after a poor start

Said it in the Midfield thread, the not playing Garner centrally and having to include Onana and Gueye is very Moyes. A few times Moyes stumbled on his best teams after reluctantly changing things up out of necessity.

Think Lescott at left back over Baines because Moyes was worried about aerial threats. Or Arteta wide because he thought he wasn't 'ready' to play centrally.

Rigidity and stubbornness.
What do you reckon the odds are on him immediately forcing gana back in for the Derby?

So frustrating the games we have lost due to set up.

I said it before the weekend that 40,000 people in the stadium can all see the problem (midfield set up) and he can't see it, I was on the border line on if he is trying to prove he's a good manager and being stubborn or he's actually blind to the issue.

When I seen Gana in the side at first I was like, ok, he is blind to it - but an unfortunate injury pushed us to start probably the best midfield set up we have, I love Gana - but he has to be dropped now.

Big test for me with Dyche will be how he goes in the next game, if its Gana I think he is trying to be too clever and can't see its a clear issue in the team.

The whole comment about James Garner is made to look even more pathetic now - he shouldn't be out wide, he's our best midfielder on the ball and his pressing and tackling has been levels above what we have had in the middle for a while.

I think Garner brings on Onana's game, and 100% allows Doucoure to do what he can do - press and be in the right spot, then what he can't pass the ball and dribble.

For me the jury is still out on Dyche, he should have had 9 points from the games we had, but we got 6 which isn't the worst, but he has so much more to do to turn this around.

Continue with this line up and Ill think maybe its clicked, my worry and what I think he will do is drop Gana right back in against the RS.