2023/24 Sean Dyche

Yeah I’d be happy with a point at Newcastle if it was anything remotely like their first XI that we were playing. Why are people acting like they have some incredible squad depth, honestly if that team that played last night was their first team they would finish about 14th like they were doing pre-takeover with pretty much all those same players.
But even a point away at 14th with where we are is a good result. They are weakened but have two 50million + players and matched us eksecwhere on the pitch.
We aren’t very good.

Isaak and Barnes easily make the difference against a lot of teams though. I think if you put them in our side we are comfortably better off.

I agree they were more there for the taking last night, but under the circumstances of us being woefully out of form, you have to see it as a good point for me.
Isak and Barnes in our-side, we are midtable. And moaning about isak, Barnes and branthwait all leaving in the summer

If you put Branthwaite in their team instead of Dan Burn they’re significantly better off. If you put Pickford instead of Dubravka they are as well. Also if you put Onana instead of Sean Longstaff.

I look at the two starting line ups yesterday and I do not see a big gulf in quality at all. We had our strongest XI available and they were severely depleted with 9 first teamers unavailable. I can’t see it as a good point I’m afraid.
Onana has done nothing to suggest
I agree their forwards were clearly better than ours, but their defence and keeper are bottom half standard so that sort of balances it out. If we had Dubravka playing as many games as he’s played for them this season, we’d be rock bottom of the table.

Again, I look at a team sheet and see the entire team, not just Isak and Barnes. If we put Isak and Barnes in Sheffield United’s team, would we then fear them and settle for a point in that game?
doesnt balance it out for though. Isak and Barnes would improve us by about 10 points. None of our players would make such a difference to them.

Don't think it really matters tbh. Some club legend or alsoran would probably get us over the line during these last games. Given (a) how crap the opposition are and (b) we are at home.

Stay up and then get a proper manager in the summer. This nasty little smear will take us down.
Ok that will work then just give to anyone 🤯

Theres a whole thread about it mate.

52 pages, 775 posts.
Two of those posts are by me Goat, so let's say 773 posts... 🤣👍