2024/25 Sean Dyche

If no subs were made I think we may have seen the same result, I say 'may' because although several players were dead on their feet we still had a possession and outlet with N'Diaye and DCL on the pitch so it might not have been such a quick collapse.
The real issue with Dyche's game management is he did not bring off the exhausted players but did bring off the ball carriers/holders, effectively increasing the pressure on the tired ones.
Any manager worth their salt would have brought Garner on for Iroegbunam and Young on fror coleman, and then maybe Lindstrom on for either Harrison and McNeil. The latter two being knackered stopped giving support and protection to the tiring full-backs. Even bring on O'Brien just to shore up the defence and clear crosses.
His decision making has always been suspect but in that game it was unfathomable. He got schooled by Iraola in tactical substitutions.
He should have brought the ball off

Because he’s happy picking up the cash and our club is a rudderless ship void of any leadership or direction.

As long as we’re still in the PL, he won’t be going anywhere.
But it's not just him, all of our managers since Moyes have gotten big wedges of cash after getting sacked (apart from Ancholotti).. "you've done such a bad job we have to get rid of you, and don't forget your 8 million pounds on the way out"

If no subs were made I think we may have seen the same result, I say 'may' because although several players were dead on their feet we still had a possession and outlet with N'Diaye and DCL on the pitch so it might not have been such a quick collapse.
The real issue with Dyche's game management is he did not bring off the exhausted players but did bring off the ball carriers/holders, effectively increasing the pressure on the tired ones.
Any manager worth their salt would have brought Garner on for Iroegbunam and Young on fror coleman, and then maybe Lindstrom on for either Harrison and McNeil. The latter two being knackered stopped giving support and protection to the tiring full-backs. Even bring on O'Brien just to shore up the defence and clear crosses.
His decision making has always been suspect but in that game it was unfathomable. He got schooled by Iraola in tactical substitutions.
Yup - and literally record-breakingly so.

Some reports saying he'll be given the next few games before next international break and potentially sacked then if he doesn't turn it around.

Agents obviously at their work as Moyes, Periera and Potter all linked in reports not too far apart in timings

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back