2024/25 Sean Dyche

He’s not going anywhere lads. Thelwell and Ching are just there to make up the numbers.

Moshiri doesn’t give a flying one, so we are stuck with the ballbag until Textor/Friedkin take over. By that time we could be too far behind.

If he can’t get a win at Leicester, that has to be his last game. He’s lost the ability to keep hold of a lead and see the game out. Even against Southampton tonight, it was like he was holding on to not concede.
I think his comments pre match and his team tonight indicate he couldn't care about the cup and it just brings so much pressure on himself for the weekend.

That substitution of Beto for Young and playing the final 30 minutes with no striker was insulting to the fans. When it went to penalties Southampton were all in a huddle with their manager in the middle geeing them up and Dyche just left it to Steve Stone.

The only ray of hope is that the interested parties in buying us will be the ones who decide to sack and replace. I can’t imagine anyone has any confidence in Moshiri sacking him and then replacing him with a suitable and able replacement. The only thing he’s ever been good at is replacing one manager with an even more inferior one generally speaking.

Going be honest result tonight is not good enough but even if he did win tonight and we get beat the next 2 league games i would want him out. For me has to be getting 4 points the next 2 games, 1/2 points pressure is still on his job

The only ray of hope is that the interested parties in buying us will be the ones who decide to sack and replace. I can’t imagine anyone has any confidence in Moshiri sacking him and then replacing him with a suitable and able replacement. The only thing he’s ever been good at is replacing one manager with an even more inferior one generally speaking.
I think we’d have to search long and hard to find a manager that would play such dour football and negative team selections.

The only thing he got wrong imo in the starting lineup was Doucore. You have to rotate in these early cup ties to not only get players minutes and experience, but to find solutions that you can use in league games. But we were absolutely nothing in the middle. I understand that Mangala needs a bit more under his belt in our team, but Doucore looked so out of place in the middle and we struggled mightily. Unless I missed that Garner was injured, he should have played there.

His changes… eh. I actually liked that he tried something different at the striker position for once with Ndiaye as the false number 9, but we were noticeably worse once Beto came off. I don’t think this was the game, but I appreciate that he tried something different.

When it’s all said and done though, it’s too little too late. Not only have the fans already turned against the team, the players are really lacking in confidence due to our results. Every time we passed back, they heard it from the fans and it affected our play. It’s only going to get more toxic from here on out.

Going be honest result tonight is not good enough but even if he did win tonight and we get beat the next 2 league games i would want him out. For me has to be getting 4 points the next 2 games, 1/2 points pressure is still on his job
For me he needs to get 7 points in the next 2 games or he gets sacked.

I think his comments pre match and his team tonight indicate he couldn't care about the cup and it just brings so much pressure on himself for the weekend.

That substitution of Beto for Young and playing the final 30 minutes with no striker was insulting to the fans. When it went to penalties Southampton were all in a huddle with their manager in the middle geeing them up and Dyche just left it to Steve Stone.
I think those subs was about freeing McNeil to the middle and Young at left back, putting Ndiaye up front central. Initially putting Harrison left. Didn't work like but Dyche likes putting subs on and changing half a dozen positions to suit his cause............never works but stubborness is a hard thing to change.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back