2024/25 Sean Dyche

Great stuff.

So in what world does any manager think it is a good idea to put Roman Dixon at left back and Dwight McNeil right back. Because within 30 seconds of that decision, Southampton got in behind Dixon and almost scored
Hi Gents i was at the game last night i saw McNeil run back to the right back position after taking a corner on the right hand side of the St End which was easier for him to do instead of running right across from right to left back and Dixon went to the left to cover and they swapped straight after they had time to I dont like Dyche but we can hit him on everything surly

Are you still thinking about the answer to my question?

I think loads of managers would be willing to come in and would do a better job. Moyes for a start. If we’re basically saying we’re in crisis mode and need to play pragmatic football then I’d sack Dyche and go and get Moyes today.

Now feel free to have a think about the fact Dyche doesn’t understand what is unfolding in front of him in a game of football and is incapable of making the correct subs.

I haven't mate, but it's not my job to go out and find names is it.

It's not your job then to say who should be sacked?

Still, you can have an opinion.

They did last time but they always did and panic and appoint the safest option they could.

They wanted Bielsa, didnt they?

Potter, Frank would be 2 names straight off the top of my head I'd be after.

Yes I know, Brentford are a much better team than us and frank would never in a million years consider us etc etc, if we pay him what we paid dyche he'd probably walk here.

I like Frank, but I dont think he would come here. Also interesting you say 'Brentford are a much better team than us' - Dyche finished above him last season. Even with the point deduction.

Potter? Here is my view;

Always felt Brighton made Graham Potter look better than what he was.

41 points first season, 41 second season and then to be fair, an impressive 51 points but he had time to build with low expectations there. He drawn and lost more games than he won. 31% win rate there. I actually think thats less than Dyche at us.

He also come across as a right prat at Chelsea with his 'glow up'/PE teacher vibe.

... Only once in 3 years then did he earn over Dyches' 48 points last season.

Not for me, at all him.

Having a genuinely diabolical manager because he was a easy hire isn't good enough, we left lampard sacking late meaning we needed a quick bounce, with this season being so early we've got time to think about it and try and get someone less [Poor language removed] ( easier said than done I know)

It is small margins, and if any manager can improve us on Dyche I'd be all for it.

I dont have any names though, and neither does anyone else I've ever asked.

Moyes is the common shout, which makes me sad.

I think loads of managers would be willing to come in and would do a better job. Moyes for a start. If we’re basically saying we’re in crisis mode and need to play pragmatic football then I’d sack Dyche and go and get Moyes today.

Now feel free to have a think about the fact Dyche doesn’t understand what is unfolding in front of him in a game of football and is incapable of making the correct subs.

That's good mate.

So you want Moyes.

Moyes.

Anyone else you could maybe name? You know, just in case he didn't fancy it?

He was there for around 10 minutes. And yes, its really common for an extremely one footed left winger to moved to right back and a very inexperienced right full back being sent to left back.

Maybe next week he can try Tim on the wing

You usually play football manager on here and come up with about 20 different formations he should play. Never tries anything new, you said.

Makes a bit of a change for 5 mins and you're on his case. Pfft.

Are you still thinking about the answer to my question?
That old chestnut of "we name any manager, you say 'he won't come here'" is a bit tiring mate.

We're paying loads of money for managers wages and to think no one in world football can come in and do a job is truly one of the weirdest opinions of all time.

So if anyone says Potter, or a BuLi manager, or one from Spain who fits the bill (as we have a DoF who can/should be able to select a manager that works with the players we have), what's the answer? Because this is a discussion that's been danced around for ages now.

Hi Gents i was at the game last night i saw McNeil run back to the right back position after taking a corner on the right hand side of the St End which was easier for him to do instead of running right across from right to left back and Dixon went to the left to cover and they swapped straight after they had time to I dont like Dyche but we can hit him on everything surly
The ball went out of play mate and Dixon stayed at left back. It was in front of me

I dont see who the 2-3 players they brought in to replace him are? Unless they are planning on putting a centre back in his position

Sarr as a winger and probably Nketiah and Kamada that are more ST resp. CAM/CM. But both have played in the winger or behind the striker role.

Not the same player type nor quality, but Glasner seemed to adapt the system to a 3-4-2-1 instead of 3-4-3.

That's good mate.

So you want Moyes.

Moyes.

Anyone else you could maybe name? You know, just in case he didn't fancy it?

You usually play football manager on here and come up with about 20 different formations he should play. Never tries anything new, you said.

So you’re basically just going to keep saying “what if he doesn’t fancy it” every time I name a potential Dyche replacement, so therefore we’re gonna go on forever aren’t we. Pointless discussion.

Why would you mock the idea of Moyes when you’re actually advocating keeping Sean Dyche? Are you honestly for real? In what universe are they even comparable in terms of stature in the game? It’s laughable, they’re not even close in terms of ability.

That old chestnut of "we name any manager, you say 'he won't come here'" is a bit tiring mate.

We're paying loads of money for managers wages and to think no one in world football can come in and do a job is truly one of the weirdest opinions of all time.

So if anyone says Potter, or a BuLi manager, or one from Spain who fits the bill (as we have a DoF who can/should be able to select a manager that works with the players we have), what's the answer? Because this is a discussion that's been danced around for ages now.

Discussing who could come in as a manager, when debating whether to sack the current one seems pretty logical to me.

You're saying Potter.

I'm saying he's crap.

Great hyperbole if nothing else - trying a hilariously left footed left winger with no pace at right back is not what anyone in the world means about this and you know it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back